Page 1 of 2
I read about this earlier. pretty cool. even if the answer isn't aliens, stuff like this is what excites the public support and we learn new things and etc.

really though, pretty awesome.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Wow, life on other planets, hopeful for 2016.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Quote by behind_you
i hope its aliens and they come n take away your idols

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by behind_you

what kind of alien would take anime though
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Godsmack_IV at #33637081
doesnt dyson make vacuums?

They got bored of making hoovers and hand dryers and decided to build big stuff in space
I have nothing important to say
Quote by theogonia777
what kind of alien would take anime though

anime?

Quote by CrossBack7
welcome to "i like to be mundane and boring" by joshua garcia

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Joshua Garcia at #33637458
I like this article better

http://www.popsci.com/have-we-detected-alien-megastructures-around-distant-star

tldr it might just be a cloud of comets.

dismantling mercury to build a dyson sphere is the most badass thing I've ever heard
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
dismantling mercury to build a dyson sphere is the most badass thing I've ever heard

Now when you say Dyson Sphere are you referring to the space structure or the vacuum cleaner that rolls on a ball because if it's the latter you can make a TON of vacuum cleaners from Mercury.
Quote by Baby Joel
welcome to "i like to be mundane and boring" by joshua garcia

More like I like to be informal and explore and consider all possibilities by Joshua Garcia.

Quote by WCPhils
I saw that too and thoroughly agree.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 15, 2015,
In a hundred years China and India will use their collaboratively developed faster-than-light drive to reach this star and find out what’s going on there. Americans won’t notice because half the country will be dead and the other half will be hiding in the woods so the UN can’t take their guns.
Quote by Joshua Garcia at #33637501
More like I like to be informal and explore and consider all possibilities by Joshua Garcia.

That's the initial hypothesis though. Being informal and exploring and considering all possibilities would be bringing in the ET life.

What you're just doing is talking about something nobody wants to talk about.

How boring.

Quote by CrossBack7
You know, Momentosis, I quite like the GIFS you're posting. They make the site a better place.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Quote by Momentosis
That's the initial hypothesis though. Being informal and exploring and considering all possibilities would be bringing in the ET life.

What you're just doing is talking about something nobody wants to talk about.

How boring.

You can't deny something as a possibility just because it's boring.
Ignoring it won't help either.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 15, 2015,
Quote by Mind_Reader7
You know, Momentosis, I quite like the GIFS you're posting. They make the site a better place.

Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by behind_you at #33637252

implying there wont be an influx of various coloured idols with tentacles and or made entirely of goo
This is barely even science, it belongs on the History Channel.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Has the time finally come?

....to raise the roof and have some fun? To throw away any work to be done? To let the music play on (play on, play on, play on...)?

ALL NIGHT LONG!?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by JamSessionFreak
This is barely even science, it belongs on the History Channel.

Why isn't it science?

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Ichikurosaki
because its magic

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Momentosis
gifs
Youre my new favorite user on this site
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
cool space thread gets full of neckbeard weeaboo shit. kill me
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by StewieSwan
Watching anime makes you a weeaboo, finding those gifs cute just makes you human.
Also, a planet surrounded by spacejunk isn't really that cool, i mean they said the different possible scenarios that could have caused it were: the shrapnel from an asteroid belt pileup, an impact of planetary scale, or another star passing through the star’s system yanking a sea of comets inward, but ruled them out because the said the chances of it having happened only in the last few thousand years were so low. But the with the infinite number of stars out there and the fact that theyre watching 150 thousand different stars at once, the chances of at least one of them having gone through something like that in the last few thousand years are not amazingly low enough to start shouting ALIENS
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Last edited by Irondevil at Oct 15, 2015,
Quote by Momentosis

Why isn't it science?

Because it's literally just random scientists giving their opinions on what it could be, some of them using their imagination to compare it to something that comes from a scifi series. They have no models to make this assesment, they have no pre-existing data about it to compare it to, hell they don't even have enough data about this star to make any far-fetched guesses.

It's literally 'smart people try to be creative and quirky when explaining thing they don't understand'.

Yes, it could be alien technology. It could also be giant marshmallows floating in space or it could be something fun like lots of little colourful planets. But no one of these three guesses has any more weight than the other two, because none of them have anything to do with any serious scientific field.

A baker or a janitor could say it might be alien tech with just as much reasoning and expertise as the scientists who mentioned these possibilities.

edit: Figuring out what causes the dimming is actual science or will at least rely on scientific methods and techniques, but guessing that it might be aliens is just baseless entertainment for the masses.

edit: It could actually turn out to be alien tech, but the fact that some people said it is would just be a wild coincidence, no scientific deduction would be involved. Same goes for the off chance that it turns out to be marshmallows.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Oct 16, 2015,
Quote by WCPhils
why do you even have these gifs

Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Yes, it could be alien technology. It could also be giant marshmallows floating in space or it could be something fun like lots of little colourful planets. But no one of these three guesses has any more weight than the other two, because none of them have anything to do with any serious scientific field.

I have two issues with this. 1) Are you implying that giant marshmellows aren't fun?
2) Well, they're floating in space, but obviously planets are at least going to have more mass, so under the same circumstances I'd assume they'd also have more weight than marshmellows.
Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33638951
Because it's literally just random scientists giving their opinions on what it could be, some of them using their imagination to compare it to something that comes from a scifi series. They have no models to make this assesment, they have no pre-existing data about it to compare it to, hell they don't even have enough data about this star to make any far-fetched guesses.

It's literally 'smart people try to be creative and quirky when explaining thing they don't understand'.

A baker or a janitor could say it might be alien tech with just as much reasoning and expertise as the scientists who mentioned these possibilities.

edit: Figuring out what causes the dimming is actual science or will at least rely on scientific methods and techniques, but guessing that it might be aliens is just baseless entertainment for the masses.

Sounds like magic alright.

Quote by CrossBack7
Page 1 of 2