Hey dude! Thank you for reviewing my song at: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1689005

Here is my C4C.

Your voice is awesome! The music composition creates an interesting atmosphere which is great. The quality of the recording is very high. Did you record it in a studio?

The guitar solo sounds a bit like the "eye of the tiger", but it's all good.

Awesome work!
Quote by yulinzm
Hey dude! Thank you for reviewing my song at: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1689005

Here is my C4C.

Your voice is awesome! The music composition creates an interesting atmosphere which is great. The quality of the recording is very high. Did you record it in a studio?

The guitar solo sounds a bit like the "eye of the tiger", but it's all good.

Awesome work!

Thanks for the crit man, I recorded it at home. I use a Line 6 ux1 and Reason to record my stuff its a pretty cheap set up so if you're looking for some recording stuff I would definitely recommend them
Hi mate, thanks for the crit on my track- much appreciated.

I like the fuzzy rhythm guitar sound. The real stand out is the vocals- a lot better than your average bedroom singer- well done! I would like to have heard some percussion. I think it would have had a big impact if it came in half way through. The "lazy" solo-ing fits the song well and is a nice melody. All in all, a very enjoyable listen. Nice work!
Many thanks for checking out my video man!

Right off the bat it seems like the guitar is a little out of tune? This was actually a little endearing at first, but as it continued throughout the track it got to me a little bit. Additionally there are some sections where the lead and rhythm guitars seem to be slightly off tempo from each other (just barely). Overall, cool vibe and I like how the whole song has a theme. You didn't throw a whole bunch of ideas together so that it sounds parsed together (a current weakness of mine). Additionally, I really really enjoy the timbre of your voice and how laid back it is. This would be a cool track full band.

Also, the note selection on the 'solo' section was top notch.
Quote by TheCama
you are my bitches. all of you. don't fool yourself. i pwn.
Guitar is out of tune. You failed before you hit Record.

Despite that, the song is good. The vocals are better. It would be great to hear the song with a full band.

Just next time you record a song, check your tuning (after every take), and even set up the intonation on the guitar. You've got too much talent to let laziness and a dodgy instrument ruin your songs.

2c
Hey man,
Firstly, great song. I loved the riff and the mood created with the song. The vocal melodies were great. I don't know why but it reminded me a bit of some oasis melodies. I loved the subtly of the chorus. The recording quality is great too considering it was done at home.

As for things to work on:
I didn't really feel the licks in the second verse. Whether the levels were a bit out and it took too much away from the vocals or something else I am not sure. I'd revisit it and try a couple of other things.

Also the guitar solo had some good ideas in it but could use some work.

Finally, whack a band on it and it will be a ripper track.

All in all, this has the makings of a really good song. Well done.

Please check out:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1689400
The times are changing