Hi everyone,

A little background: I play exclusively in lefty slide style due to a disability, and I live in rural Japan. Looking to get a new guitar, and considering a couple mainly. Any help deciding is appreciated:

I have been looking at the Gordon Smith GS1, and just today found the Eastwood/Airline Folkstar. Both guitars are around the same price in Japan, and I just don't know. The Eastwood would give me the option to play dry (busking, or without amp with friends), but at the same time I'll be unable to quiet it for practice time (living in small Japanese apartments with thin walls). The GS1 has a sterling reputation for performance and durability, and I'll be able to wear headphones while practicing, but unable to play without an amp (Japan is particularly strict about stealing electricity, so busking electric will be a rare affair, if at all).

I also considered the big brands like Fender and Gibson, but getting a lefty out here is proving more costly than these. Anything I've forgotten, or should consider, feel free to let me know.
Another versus thread.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I've heard some people say that the QC on Gordon Smiths can vary quite a bit. So I'd want to try the one I was buying.

I haven't tried the other one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?