I use to play guitar regularly back in the day (think jr high/early h.s.) I still have some of my old equipment (although most was sold off) . Note im left with a squire bass, a honer acoustic, an Ernie ball sub 1 (kept out because it's limited edition) and last an old spider 2 half stack (150w variety).

It did the job at the time (playing in garages with a.band) but these days I'm pushing 30 and living in a different location where I'm in close proximity to my neighbors.

So im looking for some combo amp. If money was no object Id get a kemper honestly. Modeling has come a long way I see.

However im thinking practically and I can't say a Roland jazz chorus isn't on my short list of possibilities.they have a great clean tone and I was assuming it would play nice with either a pedal setup or possibly a pod or similar for heavy distortion .

Im not a Marshall guy in terms of distortion. I tend to favor the rectifier sound more.

I was wondering what type of amp you guys would recommend?

Im open to anything that sounds good honestly. Solid state. Modeling whatever. Idk about tube however given ill rarely be able to crank it up enough to enjoy it.
Mesa
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
If you like the rectifier sound, get a rectifier. The mini rectifier is reasonably affordable and won't blow out every window within a mile. Or if you really want a combo you can get a 1x12 combo rectoverb. Both would be about a grand (with cabinet for the mini rectifier)
It would be helpful to know your budget, location and the type of music you listen to. That said you might want to check out the Line 6 PODs, the Two Notes C.A.B. and the Fractal AX8. If your only going to be playing at home, modelling is definitely the way forward. If you're not, then it's still one of your better options. Both the PODs and AX8 have Rectifier models, and I've heard it's one of the better models on the POD too.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I don't like modeling, it's a PITA with all the tweaking and adjusting. Give me a big modern death metal amp, and a sponge-city oozed, and I'm happy. I don't even care which ones as long as they fit the bill and don't break the bank.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I use one of these and I love it!

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

The Roadster above is one hell of an amp but mine was used for $1100 and new you could get the Kemper.

If you're open to a modeling amp try the Peavey Vypyr series. A used Tube 60 is considered the best of that line. You want a 12" speaker.

For just home play consider using a computer and a good set of headphones. I find myself in silent mode the majority of the time and use a Rocksmith Video Game Cable (guitar to USB interface) and Peavey ReValver (buy whatever amp models you want or one of their packs) on the laptop with a set of Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones. You'd have a killer setup for $250 or under.

The Line6 POD HD500X and some monitor bookshelf speakers (or those headphones) are another popular choice and you can hook the POD into a PA or Powered Speaker to play live or with others. You can reuse the POD if you end up with a total additional amp down the road.

Or just get a Peavey 6505+ combo or that sweet ass Mesa Dual Rectifier Roadster.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Funny the pod was mentioned. While waiting for replies I continued to look into the new (to me) various options. A good modeling device into a frfr speaker or something similar (I was originally thinking jazz chorus but im hearing more people raving about tech 21 power engine and alto) with say a pod of some sort.
Quote by knowtime4school
Funny the pod was mentioned. While waiting for replies I continued to look into the new (to me) various options. A good modeling device into a frfr speaker or something similar (I was originally thinking jazz chorus but im hearing more people raving about tech 21 power engine and alto) with say a pod of some sort.

The Tech 21 is a decent powered guitar cab.

That and a POD would get you volumes you can jam with others or tv level quiet or silent with headphones. It would also give you a lot of variety that sounds good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I use a POD for a Soldano tone on the cheap to a FRFR powered wedge for gig monitoring. Love it. Sound guys really seem to like it too! I don't understand the POD hate... If you use your ears you can get a good tone. I mean all of Metalocalypse was originally recorded with POD tones.