I know their specs and functions, but which sounds better?

Do both work as an interface? I'm going to use a multi fx as a simple interface for recording bass as well (with Amplitube).
Quote by Will Lane
They all work as an interface. G3.

Thanks for response. Yeah, but I read somewhere that there's no option to use RP series as an interface with all amps and effects bypaseed.
Quote by hokus_pokus
Thanks for response. Yeah, but I read somewhere that there's no option to use RP series as an interface with all amps and effects bypaseed.
Interesting. It's possible that is the case. The G3 should allow you to use it as a direct thru.

If you just want it for the interface qualities, you could just get a regular interface or a "guitar link".
Used PODHD 500.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Will Lane
Interesting. It's possible that is the case. The G3 should allow you to use it as a direct thru.

If you just want it for the interface qualities, you could just get a regular interface or a "guitar link".

I think that multi fx would be okay for simple recording - I'm not a pro, I just would like to record few songs which would sound good on YouTube and so on. So probably I don't need a guitar link that much.

Fryderyczek, Pod HD500 is highly above my budget.
I've owned both at the same time recently and there is no comparison. The sound quality is roughly the same imo, but the G3 is far superior to the RP355 in build q, ease of use, better drum beats, better looper, more control, more options, etc.

I am by no means a snob, but I paid $40 for the RP355 (I wanted to screw around with the whammy, which is fun, I'll give it that) and I regretted it. Luckily I was able to trade it to some crazy bastard for an Xbox 360 and a couple dozen games, but I wouldn't recommend it at any price if you have any other options. Its a toy.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I also like the interface of the G3, so I think it will be my choice, then...

Well, probably it's a toy, but I'm pretty sure that it has some usable effects. There are many pros who use multi effects. I remember that Ritchie Kotzen used to use Zoom G2 onstage. He currently uses Tech21, so probably he got some cash from Zoomt to use it formerly, but still...Some famous bass players, even Bootsy Collins himself uses B3 sometimes. there are pros who use Line6 multi fx's, especially HD series, M series and those stompbox modellers like DL4. Matt Bellamy of Muse uses his M13 on small stages from what i heard. There was a list of guitarists who use Digitech multi effects, but could not find it. Anyway, the conclusion is that they can sound good, but it takes some time and knobs tweaking...sometimes too much :P
Last edited by hokus_pokus at Oct 17, 2015,
Another Zoom recommendation from me. It's a great addition to any gigging pedalboard for it's modulations & delays, and on it's own as a standalone practice unit the drives & amp sims are plenty for headphone practice.

Never used it's interface capabilities though.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thanks. So, apparently the Zoom is better than Digitech...well, in fact, Digitech units do not have great opinion.