Page 1 of 2
Famous quotes the way a woman would have to say them in a business meeting:

“Give me liberty, or give me death.”
Woman in a Meeting: “Dave, if I could, I could just — I just really feel like if we had liberty it would be terrific, and the alternative would just be awful, you know? That’s just how it strikes me. I don’t know.”

“I have a dream today!”
Woman in a Meeting: “I’m sorry, I just had this idea — it’s probably crazy, but — look, just as long as we’re throwing things out here — I had sort of an idea or vision about maybe the future?”

“Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”
Woman in a Meeting: “I’m sorry, Mikhail, if I could? Didn’t mean to cut you off there. Can we agree that this wall maybe isn’t quite doing what it should be doing? Just looking at everything everyone’s been saying, it seems like we could consider removing it. Possibly. I don’t know, what does the room feel?”

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
Woman in a Meeting: “I have to say — I’m sorry — I have to say this. I don’t think we should be as scared of non-fear things as maybe we are? If that makes sense? Sorry, I feel like I’m rambling.”

“Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.”
Woman in a Meeting: “I’m not an expert, Dave, but I feel like maybe you could accomplish more by maybe shifting your focus from asking things from the government and instead looking at things that we can all do ourselves? Just a thought. Just a thought. Take it for what it’s worth.”

“Let my people go.”
Woman in a Meeting: “Pharaoh, listen, I totally hear where you’re coming from on this. I totally do. And I don’t want to butt in if you’ve come to a decision here, but, just, I have to say, would you consider that an argument for maybe releasing these people could conceivably have merit? Or is that already off the table?”

“I came. I saw. I conquered.”
Woman in a Meeting: “I don’t want to toot my own horn here at all but I definitely have been to those places and was just honored to be a part of it as our team did such a wonderful job of conquering them.”

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”
Woman in a Meeting: “I’m sorry, it really feels to me like we’re all equal, you know? I just feel really strongly on this.”

“I have not yet begun to fight.”
Woman in a Meeting: “Dave, I’m not going to fight you on this.”

“I will be heard.”
Woman in a Meeting: “Sorry to interrupt. No, go on, Dave. Finish what you had to say.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2015/10/13/jennifer-lawrence-has-a-point-famous-quotes-the-way-a-woman-would-have-to-say-them-during-a-meeting/?tid=pm_pop_b
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
And that's why anyone who opts to study business in any form should be sodomised to death with a pitchfork.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I don't think any of those would be particularly appropriate in a business meeting, regardless of the gender of the speaker.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
And that's why anyone who opts to study business in any form should be sodomised to death with a pitchfork.

You charmer you!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Oct 16, 2015,
That woman sounds like she's in the wrong work field.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
i was going to make the next feminism thread, oh no.

i know a lot of lasses who are just so timid. they are afraid to speak their mind. and i know some of the opposite type- they need some reservation (and careful planning of their thoughts).

i don't really know if this is a facet of feminism, but women should just be able to say what they want to say and know how to not be timid or in-your-face about it. but really the same applies to guys as well.
Quote by Will Lane

i know a lot of lads who are just so timid. they are afraid to speak their mind. and i know some of the opposite type- they need some reservation (and careful planning of their thoughts).

but men should just be able to say what they want to say and know how to not be timid or in-your-face about it. but really the same applies to gals as well.

thus is not a gender problem
It's a double standard because when a woman's assertive she gets called a bitch, for example look at my girl Hillary.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
No one can speak bluntly without looking like an asshole. If the majority of people think otherwise, maybe they should try speaking not so bluntly. Like saying "GOD MADE THIS COUNTRY! WE ARE ALL GOD'S CHILDREN! NO ABORTIONS!" You know, preach the truth (gospel)

stfu erik
LOL these are pretty gud

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's a double standard because when a woman's assertive she gets called a bitch, for example look at my girl Hillary.

If there's any truth in how she acts when she's not on camera, it's not merely because she's "assertive"...

And any man that acted the same way would be an ass as well.
Charles Darwin
“I will be hard.”

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
^^ Exploitation of children, how special...
Charles Darwin
Quote by ErikLensherr

Yeahhh, nothing to do with tons of scandals, being a liar, being caught being a liar on MULTIPLE accounts, dismissing women who made claims against her predator husband for sexual assault... but yeah... assertive. Right.
I'm hoping for a Hillary vs Christie card to see which thing people currently care about the most: women or Sept. 11
Quote by Angelicc at #33639583
Yeahhh, nothing to do with tons of scandals, being a liar, being caught being a liar on MULTIPLE accounts, dismissing women who made claims against her predator husband for sexual assault... but yeah... assertive. Right.

sounds like you're a yiffing hater who needs to get bent
Quote by jakesmellspoo
IMHO

to me, feminism seems to be about the wage gap between men and women who work the same work, and social identities or expectations for "normal" behaviour for a gender, But there's a whole branch of different directions of social dimensions the idea of "feminism" can go I guess. I mean think about double standards. Double standards being something like, what is "socially acceptable" for one gender may not be "socially acceptable" for another. I.e. Ouuuuu she's a slut versus ohhhh he's so cool for pickin up chicks.

But this changes across cultures right? I mean, in some cultures there are matriarchies. In some cultures there are patriarchies. But its all like, i'm thinking, how we were raised to communicate. Or to think. Observational learning theory type thing, monkey see monkey do. Watch television, recreate scenes, parrot catch phrases. And so on.

Transgression of norms (the norms themselves are up for debate) usually recieves punishment varying from a raised eyebrow, to a glare, to a vocal denouncement, to being cast outside the social group. Natural human response is to stay in the group, evolution, survival. Over time, this becomes second nature, you know, gut reaction, knee jerk reflex. This is just my theory, but as long as no exposure to other cultures or information or other norms (hence why communes are in isolation, & there is media gatekeeping filtered by economic dominance) occurs, then no change will likely come about. Unless there is an internal moral instinct of some kind. BUT SOMETIMES YOU MUST BREAK THESE NORMS AND PATTERNS OF INTERACTIONS BECAUSE YOU FUCKING KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT COULD BE AND WHAT WOULDNT BE IF THEY WERE NEVER BROKEN AND CULTURE SHOCKING OTHERS INTO A NEW AWARENESS SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY WAY DAMMIT BUT THE EMOTIONAL COST AND STRESS, BUT YOU KNOW YOUR NOT ALONE.

wait a minute. why did i just get absorbed into this debate? I should be learning how to shred guitar and sing better. knowledge is power. fight the power. power to the people. cheers.
Why would women be repeating old politician rhetoric in a business meeting? Or even men??
Quote by EyeNon15
Why would women be repeating old politician rhetoric in a business meeting? Or even men??

Because business meetings are really boring.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by ErikLensherr

Aside from faceless internet trolls, who is calling her a bitch??
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Because business meetings are really boring.

Zat is wise words.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Idk, it could be a good strategy in the board room.
Got drunk and partied last night and forgot to prepare your presentation? That's ok, just Google famous political speeches and repeat them word for word, if you are a woman you have to change the wording slightly. Because plagiarism is a male privelige
Quote by EyeNon15
Idk, it could be a good strategy in the board room.
Got drunk and partied last night and forgot to prepare your presentation? That's ok, just Google famous political speeches and repeat them word for word, if you are a woman you have to change the wording slightly. Because plagiarism is a male privelige

"Four score and seven minutes ago, I began a ponderous speech which I promised would end either in my death, or upon confirmation that I would only have to work one morning a week, for 8 times my current wage. Since that time, you have heard many great historical speeches in a variety of crude, racist accents totally unrelated to the original speaker..."
Quote by Diemon Dave
auuugh

Stuff life this can be said by anybody; male, female, or anything in between. Being a doormat is not contingent on gender.
Would Thatcher get the same vitriol towards her if she'd have been a man?
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by rpd at #33640193
Would Thatcher get the same vitriol towards her if she'd have been a man?

Another great example. I've seen her called bitch and cunt tons of times, on UG alone.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Everyone loves male politicians.
No one has ever called Obama a Muslim N-word
No one ever called George Bush a stupid racist redneck.
So unfair.
All those quotes sound like something a few guys i know would say. All in all it just sounds like something a very weak person would say, are you seriously assuming that all girls are super weak?
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by EyeNon15
Everyone loves male politicians.
No one has ever called Obama a Muslim N-word
No one ever called George Bush a stupid racist redneck.
So unfair.

those two things are very different things.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
The problem is never in any specific single situation (like in this case the "business meeting"). In any specific case you can always find other causes or excuses. "That person is weak, it doesn't matter if she's a woman/man", or "She is just timid" or "She should be poilte if it's an important meeting" or whatever. But if the problem is cultural and systemic, then you can easily notice it being there, even if any single situation can be seen as "not that bad".

I would say women being generally pressured to speak more softly and with less aggressiveness/authority/bluntness is real.
what is this
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Just stop.....
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Page 1 of 2