Ok, I know a lot of Gibson heads are going to say it is the guitar, but I had some friends that are really good guitarists play the Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus and tell me they liked it as much as my Gibson Studio, both have classic 57's. My Gibson was stolen so I bought the EPI. Anyway I had the DSL40c, which was also stolen, and I decided since I am newer at playing I didn't need all that power and bought a DSL5c. After just a few days of playing, I am ready to return it. To me it sounds nothing like the 40. Now, I did move from a smaller townhome to a large house that is very open, but should that affect the sound that much and make it that poor? I need some expert advise from all you talented musicians that know WAYYY more than I do. Should I go ahead and return the 5 for the 40?
They are quite different amps. The DSL5 runs a 12BH7 whereas the DSL40 runs a pair of EL34's. That will result in a vastly different sound, especially if you start cranking it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Oct 16, 2015,
Your impression is understandable.
I'd return it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
If you can afford a DSL40C I would get that one. I have recently got one. The high power tubes (EL34) allow for a warmer low end and other extra features such as the effects loop. over the DSL15C.
Quote by Gab_Azz
If you can afford a DSL40C I would get that one. I have recently got one. The high power tubes (EL34) allow for a warmer low end and other extra features such as the effects loop. over the DSL15C.

+1

The effect loop is a major difference for me