This is a little song I've put together for a band I'm about to start. I don't want any 'cool stuff bro, really liked X part' niceties. If you wouldn't listen to this song regularly or from time to time just tell me it's bland, mediocre or plain bad and why. I'm looking for real harsh honest feedback here.

I recorded this at home with the low end gear and instruments I've got ATM, so I'm not really interested in sound quality critique. I'm really interested in critiques on composition, melodies and the vocals themselves. Please don't hold anything back, honesty is absolutely important for me here.

If you want real honest feedback on your stuff, send me your link and I will do it in the same way I would like you to review this song of mine.

Here's the link: https://soundcloud.com/jp50/song-1/s-v2Dh9

Cheers.
Quote by JP50
If you wouldn't listen to this song regularly or from time to time just tell me it's bland, mediocre or plain bad and why. I'm looking for real harsh honest feedback here. .

Heh, as you wish.

I wouldn't indeed listen to this track regularly from time to time, since it sounds exactly like 90% of modern rock out there. I've heard the riffs a hundred times, I've heard the melodies a hundred times, and the guitar leads were just as bad as I thought. If I wanted to listen to this song, I could just put the local rock radio station on and most of the stuff would do the same thing for me.

The guitar solos were only about shredding notes, very little melody or interaction with the rhythm section. That's kind of okay if you're into that stuff.

I'm just not into the genre, and I don't think this track stood out at all. If I heard this in the radio I wouldn't give it a second thought. The song structure was basic, and most of the track was really predictable.

I know you asked for harsh feedback, but I don't have the heart to leave you only with this. I was actually pretty impressed with your song: I rarely hear songs this professional sounding from DIY artists. The production was pretty nice, and I can tell that you're a skilled player. While this is not a song I personally enjoy, I'm sure that there are a lot of people out there who'd love this. I just really dislike the style, but every other aspect of the song is actually pretty great. You have a great singing voice and technically your playing was quite cool.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here