Previously, at an outdoor Bike Rally I staged a 1200W Genz Benz ShuttleMax 12.0 and 4 Genz Benz NeoX 12" drivers.

They did not have cable to get me into the sound system, so I was on my own.

The Guitarist wandered out with his wireless and came back loving how I was rocking the field we were in.

I learned later that while digital is nice and light, it just does not give the full tone the inspires me.

So then comes the Giant Amp Weekend where we had 4 well paying gigs in 3 days, one at an open venue called the Brewster Street Ice House on Saturday, then Friday and Sunday Days outside at the Convention Center, and Sat. Night opening for Molly Hatchet, Pat Travers, and the Little River Band in the 10K seat American Bank Center.

No crowds for us over all.

Rain hit Friday and I was only able to get 2 112 cabs going for the Convention Center at 600w. We were using a stage that was brought in by the Flaunt Girls. The little brunette was something!

Brewster Street, we went for the gusto with the Full Marshall Stack and I had the 2400w and 8 12" ers going. Was probably running at 7 to 8 o'clock on the volume.

The sound man took us out of the mix because our backline was driving enough.

The Bassist for Pat Travers wandered in as we were playing Stranglehold, as I was running a phaser, flanger, and 2 chorus' making it thick. He knew how to cheer and have a good time. 12- 3:15, then off to the Arena for performance at 6PM no sound check.

Had to move gear without a Stage Manager telling us where to be, or not to be to stay out of the way of the main acts. Geez.

Luckily we were good, made some good choices as Molly Hatchet got their sound check in, and Pat Travers came in.

Lined up the 2 212 cabs and the 4 112's.
All Rack and effects wiring and speaker wiring pre attached into the Arena Rack of 1 GBE 600 as a PreAmp, and 2 GBE 1200's. Every move of the amp took 2 men. 2400 watts of copper power, over 130 lbs.

All of the effects and guitars were pre-positioned for the fast load in.

I was given 30 min to move all the cabs, do the wiring on the effects and two basses, and check tuning.

The 30 min of performance was quick. We had the Corpus Christi Crush Girls shake up the stage while we played Foxy Lady, and the Halloween Clowns come out for our original Zombie Girl.

Those who were there loved it.

Through this performance, the twin 1200's were driving at 2 Ohms about 10 feet from me.

I was at almost 9 o'clock on the knobs and heard almost all me from the stacks. Barely the drums and guitar were heard. I could hear no deflection of the room at all where ever I moved along the front Right side of the stage.

I thought I was pummeling the place it was so loud and crisp. The problem was there was no way to know where I was in the mix.

DANG that was HUGE!

People who saw me later in the week said it was monsterous.

Now all the gear sits quiet and dormant, waiting patiently, to again be summonsed to thunder.

Really need some opening slots on regional legs of some tours. This Rig is barely warmed up.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Nice!!
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Thanx!

Death to Monstanto! Make them drink their own chemicals!
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B