Page 1 of 2
Quote by GuitarGod_92
That site tried to give me a virus

Thanks for the heads up. No defense, JR
Meh. I'll be honest I'm not too bothered by this.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Meh. I'll be honest I'm not too bothered by this.

Would you be into cutting off the hands of thieves?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
tl;dr

sex offenders of Oklahoma beware, your balls are at risk.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by institutions
I am constantly ashamed to live in that state.

Mostly because this law would effect you directly
Quote by JustRooster at #33642834
Would you be into cutting off the hands of thieves?

It's just chemical castration they're not cutting their junk off.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I no longer have the sex drive.’ For years afterwards he had never reoffended. So to me, that was proof in the pudding. There may be something here.”
Eew!
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's just chemical castration

...he said seemingly lightly. Although, my equation wasn't entirely fair, I'll admit.

It still affects behavior and development. It's not changing the fundamental reason the crime was committed, it's putting a muzzle on a dog and calling it "good to go." I suppose it's the classic idea of rehabilitation vs. punishment.
Wow, imagine if someone lied about you raping them and got you castrated.

I don't see how this prevents crime, if anything it sounds like a reason to misuse the law further, either giving harsher punishments, or not reporting crimes because of the harsher punishment.

I didn't read the article but hopefully that law would only apply to repeat violent offenders.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 18, 2015,
If somebody's convicted of violent rape twice, I'm feeling like rehabilitation isn't likely.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
“The inmate has to go through counseling before going through the process,” Allen said. “I think they’ve had about a 90 percent success rate. If somebody wants an early release from prison they can go through the process.”

Anyone bother reading it?
Quote by DQcrewmember

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Quote by drunkseph
“The inmate has to go through counseling before going through the process,” Allen said. “I think they’ve had about a 90 percent success rate. If somebody wants an early release from prison they can go through the process.”

Yeah:

"Though Slane has seen it work, he acknowledges there are still some issues with chemical castration.

“On the other hand, the idea that we would force drugs on people that have not been approved by the FDA would subject the state to lawsuits, and I feel like that part needs to be taken out,” Slane said."
Hey, if it prevents these "sickos" from harming others it's at least a better attempt at rehibilitation than the usual slap on the wrist.
Quote by DQcrewmember

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Quote by ErikLensherr
If somebody's convicted of violent rape twice, I'm feeling like rehabilitation isn't likely.

The current justice system doesn't even slightly aim to rehabilitate so justifying harsh punishment based on reoffending is completely ludicrous since prisoners aren't offered rehabilitation at any point to begin with
I am all for it if they're volunteering
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I’d be ok with it as long as:
• they don’t also have the usual clusterfuck of laws that makes it almost impossible for sex offenders to find anywhere to work or live after leaving prison.
• offenders are repeat offenders (and in this case, they are)
• offenders were convicted with physical evidence
• the state also puts programs in place to help pedophiles who have not offended avoid crossing the line from pedophilia to pederasty.

But seriously, this is Oklahoma, so it’s probably just more idiot politicians beating the “tough on crime” drum to avoid actually putting thought into their campaign platforms.
Last edited by jpnyc at Oct 18, 2015,
Quote by institutions

the state that's all about "small government" but is constantly trying pass laws that make the government more powerful
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by drunkseph
Hey, if it prevents these "sickos" from harming others it's at least a better attempt at rehibilitation than the usual slap on the wrist.

What do you qualify as the usual slap on the wrist?
Quote by BladeSlinger
the Republican party that pretends to be dedicated to "small government" but is constantly trying pass laws that make the government more powerful

Fixed that for you.
Quote by jpnyc
Fixed that for you.

no, our Democrats do it too
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Registering is basically just writing your adress down. Hell, looking on Meghans list and finding people I know on this list is proof to me that some people are not even following the laws that they are supposed to.
Quote by DQcrewmember

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
You don't need a functioning dick to sexually abuse someone
I really doubt this would achieve anything

I remember one in particular who told me he went to his doctor voluntarily. He used this hormone therapy and, as he said, ‘It cured me. I no longer have the thoughts. I no longer have the sex drive.’ For years afterwards he had never reoffended. So to me, that was proof in the pudding. There may be something here.

One guy found it helpful, which is apparently proof that it's an amazing idea....yeah that makes perfect sense
I have nothing important to say
Quote by drunkseph

So what? Giving desperate people an "escape" like that is fucked. It's coercion.

Edit: is the swear filter gone? hey-oh

Quote by JustRooster
Dicks don't assault people, people do.

But dicks mate it easier.

Close the dickshow loophole.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Oct 19, 2015,
Quote by StewieSwan
So what? Giving desperate people an "escape" like that is fucked. It's coercion.

Know what else often involves coercion? Sexual assault. And the side effects of that are a lot worse.
Quote by jpnyc
Know what else often involves coercion? Sexual assault. And the side effects of that are a lot worse.

you really gonna come at me with that 'eye for an eye' basic shit
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by institutions

Isn't it amazing how stupid the voters/politicians of Oklahoma are? It's amazing, really. The state is quite easily one of the shittiest of the states ranking near the bottom in practically every GOOD statistical category (education, standard of living, gross income), and near the top in every BAD category (unwed teen mothers, meth production, welfare recipients per capita, poverty, etc). Despite high levels of poverty, shitty public infrastructure, pathetic public education and many, MANY other shortcomings....the typical rightwing idiot voter in Oklahoma is more concerned with Sharia Law....or illegal aliens...or (hilariously) being attacked by ISIS. Yes, ISIS...in Oklahoma. You can't make this shit up.

I grew up in Oklahoma and lived there a good chunk of my life. I have friends and family living there that I love. It's also a pathetic POS state filled to the rafters with dullards, simpletons, white supremacists, biblethumping morons, and other detritus of the human condition.
love you, pasta

anyway blah blah my usual sentiments about the state and rehabilitations etc etc muffins

blah blah lo
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by StewieSwan
you really gonna come at me with that 'eye for an eye' basic shit

Yup. Because this issue is pretty basic. We’re not discussing armed robbery by kids in ghettoes or some other issue with layers of socioeconomic complexity. The issue at hand is pederasts, and repeat offenders at that. Nobody knows why they do it, and there aren’t any other options for stopping pederasts overwhelming compulsion to rape children. So I think it appropriate to bring apply some basic shit here.
Quote by jpnyc
Yup. Because this issue is pretty basic. We’re not discussing armed robbery by kids in ghettoes or some other issue with layers of socioeconomic complexity. The issue at hand is pederasts, and repeat offenders at that. Nobody knows why they do it, and there aren’t any other options for stopping pederasts overwhelming compulsion to rape children. So I think it appropriate to bring apply some basic shit here.

but how do you feel about shariah law?
>paedophillia + sex crimes
>no socioeconomic complexity

Fucking christ.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Actually I don't have a problem with chemical castration. Recidivism rates of pedophiles after chemical castration ranges 2-5%, as opposed to the "normal" 50% recidivism rate among those who didn't undergo the treatment.

My major beef is how sexuality is treated in the USA. There are preposterously stupid laws on the books as is, and who will be subject to chemical castration? Consider that in the USA it's VERY common for an 18 year old boy to be convicted of statutory rape (a felony) or "molestation" because he fooled around with his 17 year old girlfriend. All that is needed is a girl's parents to call the cops and complain. That's just the tip of the iceberg, there are many other injustices as is. Check out the following link for another example of injustice.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/19-year-spend-25-years-registered-sex-offender/story?id=32783206
Quote by jpnyc at #33643186

Word.

Also the idea you can "rehabilitate" serial violent rapists into realizing that what they're doing is wrong, lol. Some people don't have a conscience or impulse control to speak of and they're best just neutralized as a threat to society.

Also chemical castration's already practiced in several states, don't see anybody upset over that.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Oct 19, 2015,
Page 1 of 2