... in comparison to other stings. Does anyone have a clue why it does? And how I can make it sound "normal" again?
Change your strings? If it's a fresh set then you may have gotten a dud.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
It is a fresh pack. And it isn't the first time. It is like that with every g string.
Might just be the guitar. Could also be making bad contact on the nut or bridge. What guitar is it?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
What gauge is the G?

The heavier it is, the duller it'll sound.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Check the nut and bridge. Also it applicable, the pole piece under this string may be off as compared to the others.
It has to be the nut. When I play fretted notes it Sounds just like the other strings. So what could have happened to the nut? And how to fix it?
Are you using heavy string sets with a wound G? Have you tried raising the pole pieces for this string?
What gauge? If you are running thicker gauge strings, you may need to open the nut up a little bit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Every G-string I've ever played with has been anything but dull Oh wait are we talking about guitars or women?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Every G-string I've ever played with has been anything but dull Oh wait are we talking about guitars or women?

Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
^ Second on the disapproving look for the obvious (and lame) as hell g-string joke. Dude, if the strings are something like extra beefy ernie ball slinkies or whatever the G string is actually an even higher gauge than it would normally be. It's practically an acoustic guitar string which is why it doesn't have the same "jangle" that the G, b and e normally do for electric strings. The b and the e might sound as expected but the G seems to always be a duller sounding string. If this isn't exactly the issue I can only guess it's an extremely similar problemo.

Hope this helps, dude.