I'm looking into buying a new acoustic guitar. The one I've been using is a classical Valencia guitar, it was my sisters old one and its really pretty basic. I'm pretty sure it's actually a 3/4 size and well lets just say its not the best, at all

I want to buy an acoustic guitar with a pick up but other than that i'm not that picky. Honestly, I don't have much knowledge when it comes to different acoustic brands and i really don't know what brands to keep an eye out for and what ones to run a mile from.
Im hoping not to spend more than 400, but im willing to pay a bit more if its a really good guitar.
Does anyone have any pointers for what direction i should go in or any recommendations on different makes and models?
All help really appreciated!
I've had good luck with a $60 Washburn acoustic I bought at a pawnshop. The neck could not be much better. It is very stable and plays very easy with zero fret noise. I think whoever had it set it up expertly because cheap guitars don't come set up this well.

I tried of $300 Yamaha solid spruce top acoustical electric. He had to have a a pair of vise grips to play it and the electronics were horribly bad joke, I'm not kidding. That damn thing sounded so firkin horrible plugged in it was if they tried to make it sound as bad as possible.
I suggest you get yourself an acoustic guitar and then buy a pickup separately. My favourite in that price range is the Seagull S6, second place would go to Yamaha FG700S. I assume you were playing a 3/4 guitar and you're used to the size/it fits your size, so you should also try one of Taylor/Martin's lesser guitars if you're really willing to pay a bit more (though it might be more dear than you were thinking)- the Taylor Big Baby and Martin L1XE are both pretty good, and I think they're both 15/16 size.

As far as brands, I would advise you to discredit specific brands for most reasons other than known reliability issues. Almost any brand I can think of in that price range has some great guitars and some not-so-great-ones. If, however, you're looking for some brands with good reputations in quality to get you started, I like Yamaha, Breedlove, Washburn, and Seagull of those brands. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to guitars, though, and I don't really spend much time playing those brands outside of playing other people's guitars/noodling at a guitar shop, so my opinion may not be as worthwhile to consider as someone who spends more time playing them.

Note: This isn't the appropriate subforum for acoustic guitars. Follow this link and the users there will typically be more interested in answering these questions, but you may get more responses here as this subforum gets more traffic.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola
I suggest you get yourself an acoustic guitar and then buy a pickup separately. My favourite in that price range is the Seagull S6, second place would go to Yamaha FG700S. I assume you were playing a 3/4 guitar and you're used to the size/it fits your size, so you should also try one of Taylor/Martin's lesser guitars if you're really willing to pay a bit more (though it might be more dear than you were thinking)- the Taylor Big Baby and Martin L1XE are both pretty good, and I think they're both 15/16 size.

As far as brands, I would advise you to discredit specific brands for most reasons other than known reliability issues. Almost any brand I can think of in that price range has some great guitars and some not-so-great-ones. If, however, you're looking for some brands with good reputations in quality to get you started, I like Yamaha, Breedlove, Washburn, and Seagull of those brands. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a bit spoiled when it comes to guitars, though, and I don't really spend much time playing those brands outside of playing other people's guitars/noodling at a guitar shop, so my opinion may not be as worthwhile to consider as someone who spends more time playing them.

Note: This isn't the appropriate subforum for acoustic guitars. Follow this link and the users there will typically be more interested in answering these questions, but you may get more responses here as this subforum gets more traffic.

I agree. The seagull ismy favorite too