Answer these questions please.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696

As a footnote, I would recommend against Floyds when you're talking about such cheap guitars. You pretty much get what you pay for. Floyds that are worth their weight are not found on guitars that cheap and the cheap ones are horrible to live with.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 20, 2015,
If those are your only choices I'd buy the Jackson for the looks, arched top and the compound radius neck.

Those are both entry level type of guitars and the quality may be a bit hit or miss at that budget level. Make sure you purchase from a place with a good return policy in case you don't get a good one.

At least the mid 2000's Jackson branded Floyd Roses (JT-580LP) were pretty good. No idea about their newer ones on the JS models.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
At least the mid 2000's Jackson branded Floyd Roses (JT-580LP) were pretty good. No idea about their newer ones on the JS models.

About the newer Jackson LFRs, they hold tuning well, but they aren't as responsive as an OFR. They also feel a bit stiffer, but I think that this is a common problem among LFRs.

The string lock inserts wear down very easily. Locking nut seems good enough though.

TS, you shouldn't get a Floyd Rose in this price range, unless you're willing to live with some of its problems. You should go used or get a guitar without a Floyd.
The Floyd on the Schecter should be a decent one. It's an SGR branded Korean FR Special or Korean FRx000 made by the Floyd Rose company. A guitar with either one of those bridges would not scare me away from a guitar. I'm leaning towards it being a Special. I just cant find it on the net where they specified the exact model, but I know for sure it's one of the 2. It's just like the Floyds on the EVH guitars that are branded EVH. They are actually (Floyd Rose Original) Korean FRx000's. Just something to think about.
hi people I have the same issue... between washburn parallax and schecter blackjack sls, the ones with actives... anybody to talk for or against these, washburn in particular? I am not lokking for a strictly metal guitar by the way, rather an all purpose , fast, easy playing rock guitar
Quote by highwaystar30
hi people I have the same issue... between washburn parallax and schecter blackjack sls, the ones with actives... anybody to talk for or against these, washburn in particular? I am not lokking for a strictly metal guitar by the way, rather an all purpose , fast, easy playing rock guitar

Don't thread jack, you would be better off creating a new thread.