First off please let me say that I do not know much about electronics, so please bare with my ignorance.

I have a Peavey 6505 112 Speaker that I converted into a 1x12. The speaker is 8 ohms, and I have a Marshall G15MS that says it can't take a load lower than 8 ohms, but the Outputs say 16 Ohms.

When I plug the Marshall head into the cab i get loud white noise, real obnoxious at a low and high volume. Any other head I plug into the cab sounds fine however...What could be the problem?

Thanks for any help you provide!
How, exactly, did you convert the combo into a speaker cab?

Have you tried the Marshall with a different cab?
I cut my 6505 in half separating the head from the speaker. I Soldered a input jack on the cab and use it as a standalone 1x12... the Cab sounds the same in the Peavey 6505, but it sounds bad from the Marshall... I played the Marshall at Guitar Center when i bought it and it didn't have any white noise or hissing. Is it the amp?
Almost certain it's the amp. I can't think of any way that a cab would be noisy with one amp and not another.
Quote by Roc8995
Almost certain it's the amp. I can't think of any way that a cab would be noisy with one amp and not another.

Hmm okay, what do you suggest? Would there be anything easy to spot in the amp or on the input that would cause this? Corrosion? Or should I take it somewhere... I only bought it for $80... so I don't want to invest that much back into it..
Just right of center, there's a spade terminal on a black wire, just hanging loose. Can you find a corresponding spade somewhere that it might have popped off?

Please unplug before working on anything in there.
Quote by Roc8995
Just right of center, there's a spade terminal on a black wire, just hanging loose. Can you find a corresponding spade somewhere that it might have popped off?

Please unplug before working on anything in there.

I'm fully unplugged from power in this picture. I wasn't able to find any terminal the black spade should be attached to... Likewise the Green wire to the far right has a spade that isn't in use either. The green wire is coming directly from the AC.

Any thoughts?
Quote by clickclickbooml
I'm fully unplugged from power in this picture. I wasn't able to find any terminal the black spade should be attached to... Likewise the Green wire to the far right has a spade that isn't in use either. The green wire is coming directly from the AC.

Any thoughts?

Yeah. Return it.

That green wire is the ground lead. The fact that it's not connected is disturbing. It's not REQUIRED in order for the unit to function, but I'm not sure why they would put a grounded plug (3 prong) on the amp if a simple 2 prong was adequate (if as an example, the unit was double-insulated and didn't require a grounding plug, which I'm near certain is NOT the case in this instance.)
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Yeah. Return it.

That green wire is the ground lead. The fact that it's not connected is disturbing. It's not REQUIRED in order for the unit to function, but I'm not sure why they would put a grounded plug (3 prong) on the amp if a simple 2 prong was adequate (if as an example, the unit was double-insulated and didn't require a grounding plug, which I'm near certain is NOT the case in this instance.)

So if i wear to ground the wire would that help at all?
I don't think that you know enough about what you are doing to be safe., just enough to make it dangerous.

Return it or bring it to a tech.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I don't think that you know enough about what you are doing to be safe., just enough to make it dangerous.

Return it or bring it to a tech.

THIS.
SO MUCH THIS.
Even unplugged an amp can still retain lethal voltages.
Those 2 big electrolytic capacitors?
Those can hold lethal voltages for a good amount of time even after its been unplugged.

Return it or take it to a tech.
Probably best to return it.
It's probably not worth what a tech would charge.
And those 2 loose wires hanging there not connected to anything?
That's a sign that the last tech that had it open is a moron.
Those wires, if not connected to anything, should at the very least, have shrink sleeving on the ends.
Thanks for the help guys! I definitely didn't think I would have the skill set to undertake this. I will be returning to GC soon.