Good day, please help me to set up a pedal train PT-2 using the following effects.
(Amp: Hot rod deluxe III)

Polytune mini, Mxr Dyna Comp, Way huge pork loin, Xotic AC Plus, Empress tremolo 2, Empress super delay, Flashback X4

What is the best effects chain order?

Thank you
Quote by ningosan
What is the best effects chain order?

Hi ningosan. I think it really depends on the tone you are going for. With just those pedals you could come up with several different tones, especially by moving the delays and tremolo around, although delays and reverbs typically come last, or just before a chorus which sounds nice in stereo. Of course you should put your tuner up front so the effects don't affect it.

Are you going for a classic tone of some sort or are you more experimental? If the latter, you should check out this mini patchbay we just started selling, the Patchulator 8000, which gives you the option to change your effects sequence quickly, and bypass them as well. Then you could experiment as much as you want, even after your pedalboard configured. You can chek the device out here -> www.boredbrainmusic.com
Yup. There is no right answer. Whatever sounds best to you is the right way.
There are rules that some people follow, and you can google or youtube that stuff.
Try several different setups and figure it out on your own.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
normally you have your compression and tuner ,EQ first then modulation(chorus,flanger,tremelo,reverb) effects and then distortion and overdrive effects near the end. but it really doesnt matter the order i just find this way sounds better to me..

so guitar>EQ>delay>wah>chorus>distortion>overdrive > amp
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
How I would do it:

Guitar > Polytune Mini > Dyna Comp > Xotic AC > Pork Loin > Amp Input

Effects Send > Empres Tremolo > Flashback > Empress Delay > Effects Return

The order of the two OD's and the delays depend on what you have them set to do.

Diago Sprinter portable pedalboard (TC Electronic Mojo Mojo overdrive + DOD Boneshaker distortion + TC Electronic Gravy chorus + Digitech Polara reverb + Digitech obscura altered delay)

SKB Footnote F8 powered amplified pedalboard (TC Electronic Spark Booster + Mojo Mojo + Dark Matter distortion + Digitech Polara + TC Electronic Hall of Fame reverb + Digitech obscura altered delay + Way Huge Swollen Pickle fuzz + TC Electronic Flashback X4 delay)
Last edited by psp742 at Oct 20, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
How I would do it:

Guitar > Polytune Mini > Dyna Comp > Xotic AC > Pork Loin > Amp Input

Effects Send > Empres Tremolo > Flashback > Empress Delay > Effects Return

The order of the two OD's and the delays depend on what you have them set to do.

Thank you
Pedal Placement...as most folk would have it!...most don't use a pitch shifter.
Tuner-Compressor-Boost-Pitch Shifter-Overdrive-Phaser-Delay-Tremolo-Reverb
Fender Deluxe Ash Strat
Epiphone LP Custom Pro
Gretsch G5420T
Tokai Goldstar 1998
Fender GB Hot Rod Deluxe George Benson
Wampler, Red Witch, Mad Professor, TC Electronic
I need help setting up my second pedalboard I have one that's perfect (Wylde pedal board) but I'm trying to get a tool sound from my second board it's got 12 pedals I need help figuring out how to arrange them to get that Adam Jones sound. This is the setup I have right now ( Guitar --> TU-3 Chromatic tuner --> Cry Baby -->Dyna Comp --> PH-7 Ibanez Phaser-->BBE Boosta Grande --> MT-2 Metal Zone --> BD-2 Blues Driver --> DS-1 Distortion -->NS-2 Noise Suppressor -->BBE Sonic Stomp --> CE-5 Chorus Ensemble --> DD-3 Digital Delay --> Marshall MG100HDFX ) please HELP!!!!!!! And thank you In the mean time check out my band
Novaminus.bandzoogle.com