super off topic....im looking for feedback from u.k. members about...contacts...

Hey guys. This was the first place I could think of where I could get input from u.k. forum members.

Im looking to purchase some contacts online (my Rx just expired...im low on contacts and can't get in to be seen for weeks)...So rather than be blind for the next month....I'm want to know what websites are legit in the uk before ordering.

Here in America we have places like lens crafters...sight for sore eyes...etc. but im very unfamiliar with uk offerings.

I was led to the u.k . Specifically since its my understanding a current rx is NOT needed for contact purchases in your country but I don't want to end up ordering from a scam website who will send me no contacts or fakes.

Thanks for your time guys. I really appreciate the help in advance!
My dad and brother get theirs from Vision Direct
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

NHS
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
My knowledge on UK culture is a bit rusty, but I believe if you sacrifice a goat and replace its heart with a human one, a posh agent will be there with a glass of Champagne and your current prescription of contacts

Also this is why I keep glasses around too

And also wtf Britain why do you hate good eyesight as much as you hate good teeth
good teeth =/= bleeched white

half of you cunts have crowns anyway
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

https://www.daysoft.com/united-kingdom

I've been using them for six years now and haven't gone blind yet. Saved me a fuckload of money too.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by whywefight
My knowledge on UK culture is a bit rusty, but I believe if you sacrifice a goat and replace its heart with a human one, a posh agent will be there with a glass of Champagne and your current prescription of contacts

Also this is why I keep glasses around too

And also wtf Britain why do you hate good eyesight as much as you hate good teeth

if I was the OP and you said this to my face as hard as I could without being telescopic, a few quick jabs to the bridge of the nose and then a tooth crunching uppercut would knock the snot out of you real good.

Then I would do a Joe Pesci when you hit the ground.

Try to have a little empathy .
Quote by yope at #33645266
if I was the OP and you said this to my face as hard as I could without being telescopic, a few quick jabs to the bridge of the nose and then a tooth crunching uppercut would knock the snot out of you real good.

you okay there yope
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by yope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y05n7XmpN04

For real though you can probably get contacts from Boots or summat
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Eye see your problem
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I haven't gotten an Rx in the US for 6 years. It's not a drug, it's a fucking lense, I punch in the numbers, they send me what I ordered.

I guess your insurance won't cover it, like they wouldn't cover you buying a wheelchair unless a doctor recommended it. Doubt they'd cover contacts from the UK also, so that's not really relevant.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 20, 2015,
I'm paying totally out of pocket no matter what stratkat so I could care less if I get them here or from the u.k.

I wear dailies too. I bought a year supply last year and it cost me 700 USD. . That's insane. I also have astigmatism which drives up the cost of my lenses more than typical wearers without astigmatism because I need the special toric lenses.

I wear focus dailies
Also thanks for the replies guys.

I do have glasses fyi but I also go on multiple mile jogs through my city everyday as apart of my regular workout routine. I have no problems seeing to read or for things up close...it's at a distance I'm blind and jogging on city streets without contacts is semi dangerous for me.

There's stray dogs and obviously cars to look out for. That's why I need this emergency contact lens order for those who were wondering. I fully intend to get my eyes checked soon though