Hey guys, i'm not much of a knower of amps and their own tastes each amp has; so, I recently bought an Epiphone LesPaul Traditional Pro, now im willing to buy an amp, from a range of $200-300. Not so expensive since I dont play in big giggs, BUT, i want an amp that performs great, sound doesn't hide behind the drummer (playing loud) and can give great sound for a variety of music and bands.
Im much of a rock/alternative person, but I usually play bands such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, those are the ''heaviest'' bands i play.
Others are more pop/rock /punk etc...
I was suggested a VOX VT40+ or VT20
also Peavy VYPYR 30
and the most recommended was the Fender Mustang II or III
but what other options could take part of this decision? or mainly, which amp (even if not in the list) could beat in terms of quality, loudness and related to the bands and Genre I listed.

Thanks
none of the amps you mentioned will likely be able to keep up with a drummer in a live situation. you'll have to go for the higher wattage models. most can be found used in your price range. Peavey Vypyr if you play hard rock or metal. Fender Mustang series is good for cleaner tones.
Vypyr Tube 60, Dark Terror, Jet city for hi gain stuff on the cheap-as-dirt side. Or wash cars, mow lawns, sweep floors and put together some more scratch for a more serious Mesa amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Oct 20, 2015,
i've read that the minimum recommended Watt to play aside with a drummer its a 30Watt amp,
by saying play on live events I didn't meant to play as a big gig, concert... nope. just small-med giggs, practice and bedroom stuff.
Fender Mustang III its a 100 Watt amp.
Quote by Domingo Gomez
i've read that the minimum recommended Watt to play aside with a drummer its a 30Watt amp,
by saying play on live events I didn't meant to play as a big gig, concert... nope. just small-med giggs, practice and bedroom stuff.

while a 30 watt tube amp can in most cases keep up a 30 watt solid state amp just won't do the trick. you're gonn want a Peavey Vypyr for metal. a used Peavey Valveking 1x12 along with an overdrive pedal may also do the trick within your budget. as Cajun metnioned perhaps upping the bidget would be a good idea.
You can get a Bugera 333 half stack for $300-350. Can take EL34 or 6L6 tubes, 120 watts, and a heavy sound.
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
A high distortion is not a priority, I don't want to focus on just metal or hard rock... more like rock/alternative/punk and similar genres.
Of course an amp that has the ability to reach metal bands like the ones I mention.. but its not a high priority, ok? :P
If i focus on a single amp that can blow metals atw I will lose my priority, which are the other genres.

PS. Of course I didn't meant 30 watts as my limit, i just said I know its the minimum for a small gig beside a drummer, but i want more than the minimum of course
Quote by Domingo Gomez

The speaker choice is far more important than watts for loudness. A high SPL speaker can easily run with a drummer at 15w. I will be gigging with 15w this weekend.

Vypyr, Dark Terror, and Jet City will destroy a 100w Mustang in terms of authentic shred tone. The Vypyr tube 60 will also be quite a bit louder. Watts are for chumps.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Oct 20, 2015,
Isn't this your second thread?

You had plenty of answers in there.

I would look for a jca2112rc. Cheap, loud enough, would do you well, but not a lot of headroom.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Isn't this your second thread?

You had plenty of answers in there.

I would look for a jca2112rc. Cheap, loud enough, would do you well, but not a lot of headroom.

Nope, this is my first thread.
Thanks for the recommendation I'll look for demos of it!
Quote by Domingo Gomez
Nope, this is my first thread.
Thanks for the recommendation I'll look for demos of it!

My mistake. Sorry
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Play as many as you can. The MIII (v2) has lots of versatility, plenty of power, and can get plenty loud! If you're inclined to dig into the Advanced Amp features (2 presses of the Amp Button) this is where the Magic is in with the Mustang Amps! None of the 17 Basic Amp models of the 100 factory presets tap into this deeper realm of these features where you can customize the Sag, Bias, Noise Gate, Cabinet Simulations, and more for most of the Amp models. The free bundled Fender FUSE software is also helpful, as is the Android Remuda App (runs on smartphone and tablets).
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
A used ValveKing is the first thing that comes to mind. You may find the Metallica tone a little lacking but just get a tubescreamer pedal at some point down the road.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .