Corey Jones, the popular drummer who died in a Florida police shooting over the weekend, was armed when he was stopped by police, authorities said Monday as an independent outside investigation was opened.

Nouman Raja, an officer with Palm Beach Gardens Police Department since April, fatally shot Jones, 31, off Interstate 95 about 3:15 a.m. Sunday, Police Chief Stephen Stepp said.

Jones was a popular drummer who played at churches in Palm Beach County and in a band that was preparing for a national tour.

Raja was in an unmarked police cruiser working on a recent string of burglaries when he stopped to check on what he believed was an abandoned car, only to be "suddenly confronted by an armed subject," Stepp said.

Raja fired his service weapon, killing Jones, he said. There is no video of the incident because Raja's car didn't have a dash camera, and Palm Beach Gardens officers don't wear body cameras.

by armed they mean black lmao
¯\_()_/¯
broseph you're being very cringey right now...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by CaptainCanti
by armed they mean black lmao

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, which is in charge of the investigation at the request of police, recovered a handgun on the ground near Jones' vehicle, Stepp said. The box it was bought in three days earlier was inside Jones' car, he said.

Jones worked as an inspector for the Delray Beach Housing Authority and carried a pistol for protection in rough neighborhoods, said Dorothy Ellington, the housing authority's chief executive.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I guess he spooked him lol
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by CaptainCanti at #33645653
i'm 18 doe

eh same thing
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Xiaoxi at #33645642

When is he not, tho.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by stratkat
They found his gun near the vehicle?

I'd say this involves drugs, who would buy a gun just to keep the box and toss the gun.

Every black person is obviously a druggie.
¯\_()_/¯
Is it worth mentioning that the cop isn't a white guy?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
There was a police shooting of a black man! It must've been racially motivated, because all police are white racist pigs with power complexes! lmao
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
There was a police shooting of a black man! It must've been racially motivated, because all police are white racist pigs with power complexes! lmao

His car broke down. He called the cops himself so that he could get some assistance. Random plain clothes cop shows up (not in response to the call) and shoots him. Quit with your "oh the guy must have been doing something bad or acting suspicious otherwise the cop wouldn't shoot him" narrative.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
His car broke down. He called the cops himself so that he could get some assistance. Random plain clothes cop shows up (not in response to the call) and shoots him. Quit with your "oh the guy must have been doing something bad or acting suspicious otherwise the cop wouldn't shoot him" narrative.

This. If I'm stranded on the side of the interstate at 3 in the morning and some rando in an unmarked car pulls up behind me and I have a gun, you best believe I'm grabbing it. The fuck outta here with that shit.
Quote by crackerpleaz at #33645894
This. If I'm stranded on the side of the interstate at 3 in the morning and some rando in an unmarked car pulls up behind me and I have a gun, you best believe I'm grabbing it. The fuck outta here with that shit.

so ur saying the gun escalated the situation?

let's go full shitstorm with this one
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by mulefish at #33645876

LMAO

Quote by JustRooster at #33645860

No because it's magically still racist. Also, if a black guy ever shoots a white guy that is also racist or something.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
LMAO

No because it's magically still racist. Also, if a black guy ever shoots a white guy that is also racist or something.

No it's it not. You can't be racist towards white people silly.

learn2whiteguilt
Quote by DardySon at #33646123
No it's it not. You can't be racist towards white people silly.

learn2whiteguilt

It's racist towards the black guy, because if it wasn't for racism he wouldn't have become a murderer
I have nothing important to say
So black guy is sitting in his car. Random guy shows up. Black guy points gun at random guy. Random guy is actually a cop. Cop shoots black guy because he fears for his life due to, you know, a gun being pointed at him.

Very unfortunate situation, but I don't see what race has to do with it this time.
Check out my band Disturbed
Today in "America, you so crazy "
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Xiaoxi

This is the guy with the squid obsession. This is as normal as he gets
Cops are way out of control in the USA. They murder people with near impunity and lie to create cover stories. Thank God for cellphone cameras.

I often hear people say "not all cops are bad, blah blah blah"...and that may be true, but the system is rotten to the core. Cops aren't there to protect and serve, they are little more than thugs generating revenue for the city.

Someday shooting cops in the face will be an Olympic event.
Quote by TobusRex
Cops are way out of control in the USA. They murder people with near impunity and lie to create cover stories. Thank God for cellphone cameras.

I often hear people say "not all cops are bad, blah blah blah"...and that may be true, but the system is rotten to the core. Cops aren't there to protect and serve, they are little more than thugs generating revenue for the city.

Someday shooting cops in the face will be an Olympic event.

I think it's sad that you probably honestly believe that.

Fortunately most people don't.

I know, I know, popularity of a position is no indicator of validity, but neither is shock value, unpopularity or level of hyperbole one can attach.

Most cops ARE good people (hell, most people are good people) but with the availability of near-instant media coverage of any bad event it often appears that the problem is far more endemic than it actually is.

That being said, for many years now I've promoted stiffer penalties for officers convicted of crimes, as they have not only committed the crime, they have abused the public trust, a very grave offense in itself. If citizens can be held to a higher degree of criminal accountability in the assault, attempted murder or murder of an officer then it's only reasonable that the officers are held to a higher degree in any criminal actions they should undertake.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
If cops were punished for violating the rules like everybody else there wouldn't be any outrage...but they aren't.
Quote by TobusRex
If cops were punished for violating the rules like everybody else there wouldn't be any outrage...but they aren't.

No, sometimes they aren't. But often when they are, it doesn't make the news, which I honestly believe skews the perspective.

And sometimes there are groups that believe a punishment is due when it's not. I'll grant that this is in some ways a counter-reaction to the reality that we have all seen officers involved in criminal behavior go unpunished, but each case must be tried on it's own merits, not on alleged communal wrongdoing.

As I've noted, I support harsher penalties for officers convicted of crimes, but I'll not automagically condemn them merely because of public outcry.
Charles Darwin
countries with cops who fabricate cover stories: mexico, haiti, south africa, nigeria, columbia, honduras, iran, etc

yeah america is about on par with them
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Was he waiting outside of his car when the unmarked "police veh" arrived? Not that that warrants any kind of death sentence, but the general rule of thumb is when you call for help, you wait inside of your vehicle calmly until help arrives so that there is no confusion.

The tragic part is the fact that the guy waiting had every right to feel nervous when he sees an unmarked veh pull up behind and he sees an adult male get out and approach his veh. This really could've happened to anyone, but the fact that it was 3am and the guy was black likely made the cop more wary.

Is that wrong morally? Of course.
Going off of general criminal statistics though, and understanding what cops deal with daily/nightly, was the cop wrong from a self-preservation point of view. Of course Not.

The problem is on both sides where a cop will naturally and unnecessarily feel threatened by an adult black male, as well as there being a disproportionate amount of violence in the black community with males 15-34 (less than 5% of the US population). Coming to grips and admitting there's a problem on both sides of this argument is the only way we can have a logical discussion that would lead to making changes for the better for either side.
Tbh the more I look at this situation, the more I feel like it was just a HUGE misunderstanding for both parties. The guy who's car broke down sees unmarked car behind him, gets skiddish, grabs his gun to defend himself. Cop sees gun, shoots guy to defend himself. Not saying the cop was a-okay in doing what he did.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
Tbh the more I look at this situation, the more I feel like it was just a HUGE misunderstanding for both parties. The guy who's car broke down sees unmarked car behind him, gets skiddish, grabs his gun to defend himself. Cop sees gun, shoots guy to defend himself. Not saying the cop was a-okay in doing what he did.

Pretty much this to a T
Quote by JustRooster

Nothing is ever worth mentioning
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Nothing is ever worth mentioning

Where you been?
Charles Darwin
Quote by JustRooster

Maybe. But there's two reasons why it is eventually meaningless.

1. Police are always quicker to shoot at black men regardless of the race of the officer. Even black cops. This was the focus of a controversial study that had been conducted within the last few years, I believe. Individual conclusions may be drawn from this.

2. The officer has what seems to be an Indian/Pakistani name. Or something along those lines. A lot of brown folks, particularly immigrants, can have unfavorable views of black people. However, it's not always the case, and this point could be entirely irrelevant while the first point still stands.
Quote by Dreadnought
Busy

Busy or busy ?
Charles Darwin