Hi guys, I'm gonna be buying my first electric guitar in a few months at my 15th birthday. I've been playing acoustic for 4 years and I want to change now. I mostly listen to metal like Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, and some power metal stuff(though I doubt I'll be able to play that lol) so these 2 guitars have really captured my interest on my country's Amazon. They're around my price range and I hear they're good for metal.

I don't know if I want a Yamaha Pacifica 012 because it might not suit my style. I'm planning to get a Fender Mustang I amp with the guitar too, because I LOVE the Fender Fuse software, from what I've seen on Youtube.

And no, I'm not willing to buy second hand. Thanks!
Well, if you're not willing to go used, you don't have much for options, if a JS11 is about what your price range is. I don't have any experience with Corts, but I can't imagine them being worse than a JS series Jackson. Although a traditional style trem is probably not what you want, for the music you want to play. Then again, at that price range, you don't really want ANY trem. Cheap ones aren't worth the trouble. Where are you? What else is available in your country?

Also, seriously. Consider buying used. There's a huuuuuge step up in quality from most brands between "entry level" guitars in the $150-$300 range, and lower to midrange ones like $400-$600. And in any good used market, those lower to midrange models can be had for like $300 all day.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Thanks for the reply. I live in India. In the same range, there's a Fender Squier Bullet, some Ibanez GIO series guitar, and as previously mentioned, a Yamaha Pacifica 012.
you don't want anything with a trem at that price point (unless you block it).

i don't think the bullet is worth anybody's time

i would probably go yamaha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by the_bi99man
Also, seriously. Consider buying used. There's a huuuuuge step up in quality from most brands between "entry level" guitars in the $150-$300 range, and lower to midrange ones like $400-$600. And in any good used market, those lower to midrange models can be had for like $300 all day.

While I generally understand the sentiment, I'm not sure I'd recommend a beginner with limited options to go used - far too many traps to fall into.

I think if you're into heavier stuff, either the Jackson, the Cort or the Ibanez will maybe not be amazing, but should be okay. Although generally as mentioned, looked for a fixed bridge. (I've probably ranted a couple of times already how I'll never understand why companies put trems on entry level guitars in the first place)
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
Agile all the way. A lot of people give them shit, although I'm not sure why. They're like the modern Bugera of import guitars.
he is in india. not cost effective.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think you'll be fairly pleased with the Jackson. The js series is very decent but as others have mentioned the trems are lacking. The liscensed FR leads to frustrating tuning problems so look for a string through. The necks are great and they're very playable from the ones I've picked up. Pups are also decent for the price range. Jacksons are about as metal as they come.
thanks for the discussion guys.
I'm probably gonna stick with the X1 or JS11 though, because I can afford a Fender Mustang I if I buy one of those two.

And according to Rob Chapman's review of the Jackson JS11 Dinky, it actually stays in tune and the trem isn't all that bad.
Last edited by anmolkohli01 at Oct 21, 2015,