Well, I asked around a few places, watched a few videos and I still want a couple of more opinions.

I want to make a Royal Blood esque rig. With an pitch shifter running into a guitar amp for a fake guitar sound. The source of the signal being my bass guitar.

I originally wanted to go with the EHX Pitchfork cos its small, cheap, has good track, polyphonic and can do the job really well. But then I thought about investing some more money and getting something that can do more, like the Eventide Pitchfactor?

The question is, can the Pitchfactor get me that clean octave up, octave up + 5th and octave up and an octave above that sound? All for that "fake guitar" sound.

I know polyphony aint the Pitchfactors strong suite but I am not playing that many chords on bass, usually power chords at best.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Last edited by Guitar0player at Oct 21, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
Fake guitar sound? Like a MIDI instrument?

No, like bass emulating a guitar. Like Royal Blood.
The guy from Royal Blood uses a POG2, doesn't he? Why don't you just get that, you can afford it
Quote by flexiblemile
The guy from Royal Blood uses a POG2, doesn't he? Why don't you just get that, you can afford it

Yeah. But then I wondered about all the extra features the Pitchfactor offers.
Quote by Guitar0player
Yeah. But then I wondered about all the extra features the Pitchfactor offers.

That's more a question of evaluating your own needs rather than a straight comparison between two pedals. Do you need the extra effects? Royal Blood doesn't use a ton of effects apart from their basic 2 or 3 sounds (basic bass, bass + guitar, guitar only etc.)

Personally I'd say that the difference in price between the POG2 and the pitchfactor is bg enough that unless you can think of specific reasons to get the pitchfactor (and this thread seems to indicate that you don't) you should simply get the POG2 and you'll have 200$ left over for effects when/if you decide you need something else

EDIT: Seems like you can use a micropog. This video is interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t91n83EdsrE
Last edited by flexiblemile at Oct 21, 2015,
Quote by flexiblemile
That's more a question of evaluating your own needs rather than a straight comparison between two pedals. Do you need the extra effects? Royal Blood doesn't use a ton of effects apart from their basic 2 or 3 sounds (basic bass, bass + guitar, guitar only etc.)

Personally I'd say that the difference in price between the POG2 and the pitchfactor is bg enough that unless you can think of specific reasons to get the pitchfactor (and this thread seems to indicate that you don't) you should simply get the POG2 and you'll have 200$ left over for effects when/if you decide you need something else

OK so here's the story so far:

I love to experiment with effects, the wilder they are the better, even if I dont always find a use for them. I'd rather spend a few more bucks for something I may not find a use for than denying the option of not using it at all. Or later, much later.

This is where the question of the Pitchfork/Pog vs Pitchfactor comes in. The Pitchfactor is infinitely more tweakable, has more options and features than the Pitchfork/POG. But can it do an octave above as well as the Pitchfork/POG and with similar polyphony(because from what I understand it doesnt handle complex chords too well, but I am not really one to use them)? If it does, might as well ask if it can do a good octave and a fifth above(imitating a power chord) or an octave with an octave above it?

Because while I like the sound of Royal Blood I dont want to completely imitate it or be limited by it. I want room to go further, and if a single stompbox instead of 3 can do the trick then why not? While I can by the POG/Pitchfork and spend money on another pedal I dont really want to get a load of pedals if I can get one that does the stuff for me(cos I really like the Crystals and the HarPeggiator features in the Pitchfactor). So if it can do what the POG does then why not get it? That way I'll have a POG, an arpeggiator, a "make your guitar sound like endless space" and god knows what else in one box.

I bought a ZOOM B3 instead of a bunch of pedals cos it seemed more practical than getting a bunch of pedals. And even then I barely scratched the surface of the plethora of FX featured within it. I could've just bought a distortion and Bass Driver or a compressor. But I didnt cos I wanted the options there, and that actually helped more than once.

Also, saw that video a dozen times. It's awesome.
Last edited by Guitar0player at Oct 21, 2015,