I am looking to pickup an acoustic amp for my fender t-bucket. Home use for personal pleasure. There are three I am considering. Can anyone give me some insight on what might be the best for sound and value for the dollar. The three are.

1. Fender Acoustasonic 15 - 15 Watt Acoustic Guitar Amplifier

2. 25 amp Sawtooth Two Channel 25 Watt Electric Guitar Amp with Reverb

3. BEHRINGER ULTRACOUSTIC AT108

1 and 3 are avail for 99.00 2 I can get for 79.00

Thoughts ?
unless your playing with other people using electric instruments or a drummer, there isn't any need for using an amp at home for an acoustic guitar.

And if I were to get an acoustic amp, it wouldn't be anything that cheap at all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Save up for Fishman Loudbox Mini. It's the best acoustic amplifier I have heard in it's price range.
But as Robbgnarly here states, you won't really benefit of one at all if you're playing just by yourself. Maybe if you want effects, but yeah.
If you want to go the cheap route, you could get a 10" active monitor. But the T-Bucket miked doesn't sound that good, so you would need something in the middle as well.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

A nice sounding acoustic amp starts at $300 or so. Not much worthwhile below that price floor.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by dspellman
A cheap acoustic amp makes little or no sense. It's an *acoustic* guitar. And those amps sound like feldercarb. When you really NEED an acoustic amp, check out the Carvin series of acoustic amps. Sufficient power, great speakers, awesome low end. http://www.carvinaudio.com/collections/acoustic-series

is that a battlestar galactica reference?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
We'll there IS one reason to use an acoustic amp at home: if you're planning on using effects in the signal chain.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by tom386
Gee, sorry I asked !

No one is hassling you, we are just giving you our honest opinions. Like Danny said using FX is the only reason to get a small acoustic amp for home playing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by gregs1020
is that a battlestar galactica reference?

On your planet, human, yes it is.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
We'll there IS one reason to use an acoustic amp at home: if you're planning on using effects in the signal chain.

Then I'd definitely use a better acoustic amp to do them any kind of justice.
Here's the deal. I am an old fart who played garage bands back in the 60's. Life, family and children happened. Now retired in the last couple of years I had bought a strat that I use with a gtx30 behringer. A couple of months ago I brought the fender elect acoustic. I will never be a guitar god and enjoy playing and like the music and sound of both elect and acoustic. My hearing isn't what it used to be and besides that I just like the sound of an amplified acoustic. I have a bucket list item that someday I want to perform publicly again and that may mean on a street corner or my deck during spring break. I don't do bars or honkytonks. I am a recovering addict. I play a lot of James Taylor, Neil Young as well as AC/DC, humble pie, the stones, some poison, bonamassa, clapton etc..........I am not looking to spend a lot of money but do want something decent for my own entertainment and that of friends, family and maybe someday out somewhere. I'm retired, on a fixed income so....."Don't have much money but boy if I did, I'd buy a big" amp and play for the world. Too old for that to ever happen. Just an old guy who loves rock, blues and the sounds of the 60's/ 70's CSNY, NY, JT, etc. I was ready to buy the behringer and a friend recommended I look at a fender, which I am a fan of their guitars as noted in the guitars I have bought when I picked up playing again after 40 years of abstinence making a living and providing for family. I ordered the behringer AT108 late yesterday afternoon and it will be here today. Thank you all for your input........Life's a Beach, one day at a time.
Well that is much better info to go on.

Honestly at that price range the differences are very insignificant. It comes down to which you think has better features.

The Behringer would be my last choice though, they have always had quality issues. not that it will fail, because I have chanced it on a few of their products over the years, but they seem to have more issues than most.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have had the behringer gtx30 that I bought when I got the strat and never had a problem with it. I am kinda surprised that you indicated the quality issues with them. When I bought that I thought I did my homework and from what I could tell they, at least at the time, were highly rated for the quality and durability of their products. But I do appreciate your response. I'll let you'll know what I think of the at108 as I pluck my way along. Thanks
Where do you live? I always prefer buying used and we can help you sift through the local craigslist/kijiji.

For acoustic guitarists, I am a fan of using a small PA (mixer+active speaker) as opposed to a dedicated guitar. Once you start plugging in other microphones/instruments/backing tracks, you'll be happy to have the extra inputs. It's more expensive but since you're in no hurry, you can get a piggy bank hehe
Buying Behringer is like buying Wal-Mart clothing brands. It's serviceable, but never any better than it has to be.

If you had only put more detail in your initial posting I'm certain we could have steered you to a much better amp for a similar price.

You might consider returning it.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
The gurus in the acoustic forum might also have some insight.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

I'd say check reverb.co and your local GC, especially if the acoustic forum guys have some brand recommendations.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
behringer's basically suck. for example, gc won't carry them anymore -for a reason. too many customer returns. so i suggest those other two on your list or pick up your budget, do a layaway, or go used.

imo, i kinda like the old swr strawberry and california blonde amps. not made anymore but...

or you could look at a roland micro cube. a very transparent amp with a little bit of dsp.

but you bought the behringer anyway. if you like it keep it, if not send it back.
Last edited by ad_works at Oct 22, 2015,
Thanks all. I apologize if my original post was light on info. I didn't want to post something with a lot of detail that no one would read. That was my first here so regrets for that. The behringer is being delivered tomorrow. I'll let you know what this old rocker kinda late 60's guy thinks of it. I appreciate all the feedback.
Quote by tom386
Thanks all. I apologize if my original post was light on info. I didn't want to post something with a lot of detail that no one would read. That was my first here so regrets for that. The behringer is being delivered tomorrow. I'll let you know what this old rocker kinda late 60's guy thinks of it. I appreciate all the feedback.

Hope your happy with your purchase, it will make it more audible for sure.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My beef with amplified acoustics is that they sound worse than miked due to the pickups, have never been happy because of it. You get a piezo pickup most of the time that sounds lifeless and metallic. Usually the more expensive brands of amps have sweetening features that breathe life back, thus no one liked your original picks.
Quote by dspellman
On your planet, human, yes it is.

where is planet human?

TS - as far as acoustic amps, don't get a frontman 15b, it was horrible with mine. actually it wasn't that bad but still, better options exist.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Sakke
Save up for Fishman Loudbox Mini. It's the best acoustic amplifier I have heard in it's price range.
But as Robbgnarly here states, you won't really benefit of one at all if you're playing just by yourself. Maybe if you want effects, but yeah.
If you want to go the cheap route, you could get a 10" active monitor. But the T-Bucket miked doesn't sound that good, so you would need something in the middle as well.

+1 on the Fishman Loudbox Mini. Honestly, you won't find a better acoustic amp that is affordable.
Last edited by Gibson_LesPaul_ at Oct 24, 2015,
Quote by gregs1020
where is planet human?

This is what complete unfamiliarity with punctuation will get you -- the inability to let people know where you know your shit or whether you know you're shit.
Hi Tom,
we got a Kustom Sienna 65 acoustic amp.
the Sound is just great imo, it can be loud enough to Play in a Pub or a Family Party with 100 guests...
I got it from the big "four-letter-auction" for 80€ which should match perfectly your Budget
schalk70 / Uwe