Here's a song I came up with, a bit slower than my usual but I wanted to capture the doom metal sound mixed with death metal vocals sort of October Tide blended with other things. I also took into consideration the advice you guys gave about needing low end so hopefully this mix is better than my last! let me know what you think

Link to Song

Leave link for c4c! thanks guys and i hope you enjoy.
I'm quite a fan of doom metal, and while this is a very minor nitpick I would've loved if the song was even slower But it does still sound pretty cool, I think that the mix is nice, guitars are a bit loud imo but everything sounds good. Music itself is very nice, I like the riffs here as well as the more ethereal, paddy sounds in the background. The guitar solo was cool, I like more melodic stuff for a genre like this but it worked very well anyway. The feedback in the end was a nice touch as well.

Man, I actually really enjoyed your song. Please do share if you make more of the slower, doomier kind of metal. The only thing I'd tweak is the mix, I feel like the bass, drums and vocals were all shadowed by the guitar. Great job anyway

Quote by xevious1
Either my speakers were messing up or the sound gets really loud then goes really quiet near the beginning. Nice riffing though, vocals aren't really my cup of tea but that's subjective.

I didn't have that problem though, hope your speakers are okay. And as a fan of the style, I think the vocals were good
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Last edited by Kevätuhri at Oct 21, 2015,
Thanks for listening and for your feed back man, i appreciate you taking the time to listen.
I will keep in mind the guitars being too loud for my next mix. I agree, after I made it i also think it should be slower, have you listened to any funeral doom btw? like Shape of Dispair etc?? that's veryyy slow haha. I will deff make more eventually , i jsut gotta get in that mood ( not to sound all artsy) but i have to be in a certain mood to get that gloomy feeling!
glad you enjoyed man!
Quote by enloartworks
have you listened to any funeral doom btw? like Shape of Dispair etc??

Sure, tons of it. Ahab, Skepticism, Funeral (from Norway) and Undersmile are great. Not a lot of Shape of Despair but they're definitely on my list. And I understand the mood bit, I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it as well.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Sure, tons of it. Ahab, Skepticism, Funeral (from Norway) and Undersmile are great. Not a lot of Shape of Despair but they're definitely on my list. And I understand the mood bit, I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it as well.

cool man, i'll have to check those out, do you like Katatonia ?
Quote by enloartworks
cool man, i'll have to check those out, do you like Katatonia ?

Sure, both their earlier doom metal albums and their newer depressive rock albums are pretty sweet. October Tide that you mentioned is a great band as well, and Jonas Renkse delivers the vocals in it as well if I recall correctly.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Quote by Kevätuhri
Sure, both their earlier doom metal albums and their newer depressive rock albums are pretty sweet. October Tide that you mentioned is a great band as well, and Jonas Renkse delivers the vocals in it as well if I recall correctly.

yeah i love all the albums man, a lot of people don't enjoy the newer ones but i'm not one of them lol, i saw them live and it was amazing!
Thanks for checking out my track enloart, I agree with kev if it was even slower that would be friggin awesome. The solo is very melodic to my ears though, I mean it's pretty fantastic, great note choices and nice melancholic bending I enjoyed it a lot I listened to it twice lol, sounds like something I would of heard from all shall perish back in the day. The mix is not bad better then what I can do atm but I would turn the drums up more for sure. Vocals are good enough id say, gj on this song I liked it a lot.
Thanks for checking out my video

Lead guitar so smooth...gives a sense of release when it comes in over the other riffs you play. Not sure if this is normal for the genre, but I felt like the whole song I was just being bombarded with new ideas, which is great that you have so many of them, but I had a hard time giving the song an identity. I almost feel like there are enough ideas in this song to write 4 separate ones though. I think my favorite riff is the one about 1 minute in. The solo is played very well and I thought it was well written. Awesome job there. I also feel like some times the palm muted sections get a little out of time (particularly towards the end).

Great job though! Your tone is perfect for this type of music and was very satisfying to me.
Quote by TheCama
you are my bitches. all of you. don't fool yourself. i pwn.
Thank you for the comment man, funny thing is this is one of the songs i used the least amount of riffs! glad you enjoyed though!