Yea - My new Shadow kill pot SH-124, 500KOhm has arrived. I plan to install the new switch into my G&L Rampage guitar so only one volume, one humbucker and that's it, no toggle to worry about when wiring.

I wanted to try a kill switch on this guitar but hated the idea of drilling into it.
After thinking about where could I possibly place a kill switch with this constraint It just occurred to me that if I could somehow incorporate a button into the volume knob it would be perfect solution.

Google something like "Volume Kill Pot" and there is was on youtube. Sweet!!

Now please confirm how I bridge the gaps. I think there may be some bad reviews due to user installation error so wanted to run this by you before I start so it can be done correctly the first time.

http://www.shadow-electronics.com/doc/pro_pdf1/de-DE/Manual_SH_124_international.pdf
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
Last edited by Marrowoflife at Oct 21, 2015,
Yes
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Except, haven't you got the output and the input arse backwards? The switch goes between the output and ground but shouldn't the output be off the middle pin?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have seen a volume pot wired up that way before (on a Jazz bass I think) but it isn't common. Normally the wiper is the output.

Basically, I'd wire it up exactly the same as stock but connect up the switch between the output and gnd.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Oct 21, 2015,
Quote by Marrowoflife

I wanted to try a kill switch on this guitar but hated the idea of drilling into it.

I drilled the hole.

Nothing like hitting the kill switch when you're trying to do something else with the same knob.
It doesn't take long to get used to using a kill pot; you just have to stay away from the tip of the knob and you're golden.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification