kind of a popular band among weird indie kids or whatever
hayley williams of paramore would talk about them
looked like this and it about sums it up

had this song which was like universally loved by dorks i think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m4GtyjeYWM

it's not too bad i guess, that's what you're saying. but then listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5SkiBna24

it's not the same thing, but it's like the same fucking thing

post things like this, containing at least one song some of us have maybe heard or by some trendy internet band or something notable like that. this kind of thing really pleases me
I don't know any instances of this where one of the bands is indie, but I always thought Ed Sheeran's "Don't" (1:32) sounded familiar. It turns out I was thinking of this (interestingly, it starts at around the same time).

Also, the riff from Bring Me the Horizon's "It Never Ends (starting at 0:22) is nearly identical to the intro riff of "In Fate's Hands" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Oct 21, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
I don't know any instances of this where one of the bands is indie, but I always thought Ed Sheeran's "Don't" (1:32) sounded familiar. It turns out I was thinking of this (interestingly, it starts at around the same time).

Also, the riff from Bring Me the Horizon's "It Never Ends (starting at 0:22) is nearly identical to the intro riff of "In Fate's Hands" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

first one is so pleasing, but for 'don't' could i also suggest this lol.

as for the second one, that's the first time i've listened to either of those bands. i imagine you'd like alkaline trio if you're into that. imo the stuff they did before their first album is amazing and after that, including their first album, is trash. but you may disagree
Quote by seventh_angel
I don't see the similarities, in Eastwinn's post I mean. Didn't listen to yours Chris.

i'm referring to the vocal melody
it's really not very similar but i think that's why it makes me feel funny because it's almost similar
I get what you mean there. Here are some other songs like that. Similar to each other.

Ghost Riders in the Sky and Big Iron
For Whom the Bell Tolls and Souls of Black
Just What I Needed and Stacy's Mom
Whiskey in the Jar and Drunken Lullabies
TnT and No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Rapper's Delight and Another One Bites the Dust
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Smoke on the Water
Truckin' and Fortunate Song
Smells Like Teen Spirit and More Than a Feeling
Cripple Creek and Cumberland Gap
Lonesome Fiddle Blues and The Devil Went Down to Georgia
The Girl I Left Behind and The Rare Old Mountain Dew
Greensleeves and What Child is This?
Dueling Banjos and Feudin' Banjos
The Joker and Angel
Bittersweet Symphony and The Last Time
Stairway to Heaven and Taurus
The Russian and Soviet National Anthems
Sweet Home Alabama and All Summer Long
Ice Ice Baby and Under Pressure
Matterhorn and Land of the Navajo
99 Red Balloons and 99 Luftballons
The Summer of 69 and Jesse's Girl
Comfortably Numb and Heaven
Ya Soshla S Uma and All the Things She Said
Orange Blossom Special and Salt Creek
Frankenstein and Tom Sawyer
A Night on Bald Mountain and The Rite of Spring
I Cum Blood and Hammer Smashed Face
Turn the Page and Simple Man
Hotel California and All the Small Things
Master of Puppets and The Star Spangled Banner
Yesterday and Battle Hymn of the Old Republic
Yankee Doodle and Blackbird
Jingle Bells and the NFL on Fox Theme
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Eastwinn
first one is so pleasing, but for 'don't' could i also suggest this lol.

I don't hear it. At least not a glaring similarity like identical melodies.

Quote by Eastwinn
as for the second one, that's the first time i've listened to either of those bands. i imagine you'd like alkaline trio if you're into that. imo the stuff they did before their first album is amazing and after that, including their first album, is trash. but you may disagree

I'm familiar with Alkaline Trio somewhat. I've never been a fan of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, but the song was very popular at one point so I recognised the riff from "It Never Ends" instantly. I'm not really a BMTH fan anymore, but I can't really hear comparison to AK3 lol. BMTH is like, metalcore (or was until the last album) in low drop tunings and screaming. To be. Or in the OP, for that matter. I'm not sure what it is you're hearing in these, lol.
Free Ali
Quote by theogonia777
Master of Puppets and The Star Spangled Banner

what

Quote by chrismendiola
I don't hear it. At least not a glaring similarity like identical melodies.

I'm familiar with Alkaline Trio somewhat. I've never been a fan of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, but the song was very popular at one point so I recognised the riff from "It Never Ends" instantly. I'm not really a BMTH fan anymore, but I can't really hear comparison to AK3 lol. BMTH is like, metalcore (or was until the last album) in low drop tunings and screaming. To be. Or in the OP, for that matter. I'm not sure what it is you're hearing in these, lol.

i was comparing alkaline trio to red jumpsuit apparatus. this is the shit tbh

yeah i realize the op is a stretch. it's mostly the melody behind lines

"you never missed a word I tried to fit inside a chorus" (pants)

"i've never seen you look like this without a reason" (in a big country)

really gets me going
but tbh i don't really like either song
Quote by Eastwinn
what

it's really not very similar but i think that's why it makes me feel funny because it's almost similar
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i saw lemuria back in '08 -- with a.j.j. & the queers -- what an embarrassing time to be alive -- had that cd, but then i sold it.

remember that m.c.r. song from three cheers where the chorus sounds like the chorus of "fireman" by jawbreaker?
i saw m.c.r. back in '06 -- with alkaline trio -- what an embarrassing time to be alive.
Quote by Eastwinn

hey I have this song on my phone becuase it's great
Quote by Eastwinn

hey I could like this i guess
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by neidnarb11890
i saw lemuria back in '08 -- with a.j.j. & the queers -- what an embarrassing time to be alive -- had that cd, but then i sold it.

remember that m.c.r. song from three cheers where the chorus sounds like the chorus of "fireman" by jawbreaker?
i saw m.c.r. back in '06 -- with alkaline trio -- what an embarrassing time to be alive.

to be fair, 'fireman' has got to be one of the worst jawbreaker songs ever
Quote by Eastwinn

to be fair, 'fireman' has got to be one of the worst jawbreaker songs ever

which makes it that much more embarrassing.