G'day.
I wonder if I could use my Carvin X100b for stoner metal and doom stuff if I run a Fuzz Factory through it.
The clean sound is amazing and has a ton of headroom, so I reckon it takes pedals well. Am I right? I tried it with a big muff and to be honest it has not enough fuzz and I don't like the sound of the muff.

What do you guys think? I'm curious.
What kind of speakers? I find a 15" speaker to be optimum for a really airy doom tone, but ideally, some 12" or 10"s would be combined with the 15" to give a bit more punch to everything
I have an XV112 combo (X100B combo with a single 12") and it loves pedals.
How old is your X100B?
Quote by gratefulduck
What kind of speakers? I find a 15" speaker to be optimum for a really airy doom tone, but ideally, some 12" or 10"s would be combined with the 15" to give a bit more punch to everything

Speaker * cone size* shouldn't matter one way or the other.
Quote by gratefulduck

I find G12h30 to be my favorite speaker for doom
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Carvin would work well enough. Laney AOR is another good option. Also a Sovtek Mig if you can find one reasonably priced. Pick up a pro-co Rat and run the rat into the muff.

Sheffield 1290 speakers are a good speaker for doom.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Think it could be excellent! It would be my choice for lots of stuff, it's a really simple, powerful tube amp. I think you could get the fuzz factory to the clean channel for another sound, then use the Graphic EQ on the X100B for the drive channel to either get a lead sound or a really chunky distorted rhythm sound. It's a great piece of gear and often overlooked (like Laney).
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

It's the carpet carvin.

I have a 12 inch speakers. Don't know which exactly.

Would it be cool with the carvin if I would run the fuzz into the dirt channel?

Could somebody recommend some settings for the x100b for this kind of music?
Quote by maxxxkolo
Could somebody recommend some settings for the x100b for this kind of music?

Stoner and doom don’t require the amp to do much other than be loud. Start by setting it flat, blast your dirt pedals through it, then raise the volume until the power amp starts to distort but doesn’t turn to shit when you stack a couple dirt pedals. After that adjust the settings to either blend you with the bass player (for a murky mix) or separate you from the bass player (if the bass is doing rhythm and guitar is doing lead and atmosphere).
Quote by jpnyc
Stoner and doom don’t require the amp to do much other than be loud. Start by setting it flat, blast your dirt pedals through it, then raise the volume until the power amp starts to distort but doesn’t turn to shit when you stack a couple dirt pedals. After that adjust the settings to either blend you with the bass player (for a murky mix) or separate you from the bass player (if the bass is doing rhythm and guitar is doing lead and atmosphere).

Thanks mate! Great advice.