Because that's what we ll knew this thread would turn into a debate about anyway.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/pupils-wounded-in-sword-attack-at-swedish-school

A masked man stabbed to death a teacher and seriously injured at least four pupils at a school in south-west Sweden, before he was shot by police.

The attacker is being treated in hospital for gunshot wounds, according to reports. There were conflicting reports on whether he was carrying a sword or a knife.

The man, said to be in his 20s, entered the school in Trolhättan, an industrial city near Gothenburg, at around 10am on Thursday. Students locked themselves in classrooms and cupboards to escape the attacker.

Pretty scary stuff but luckily the attacker did not have a gun otherwise the death toll would be far more pronounced.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Because that's what we ll knew this thread would turn into a debate about anyway.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/pupils-wounded-in-sword-attack-at-swedish-school

Pretty scary stuff but luckily the attacker did not have a gun otherwise the death toll would be far more pronounced.

You think that's bad? Imagine the death count if he had a death star! Hell, even a simple Star Destroyer would have been disastrous!

EDIT: Holy crap, the guy was actually wearing a star wars mask?
I hope it was a Yoda mask
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Obvious publicity stunt by disney
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Too bad no one had a gun, they couldve shot the guy before he killed that poor teacher

Oh well people will wake up one of these days, how many more stabbings do you people need to realize we need to promote guns and protection?
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
If the teachers and all pupils had guns only the attacker would have been killed, instead he's alive and others are dead

#YesAllGuns
Being a teacher I always carry a gun, just in case one of my students decides to act like a little bitch
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
A masked man stabbed to death a teacher and seriously injured at least four pupils at a school in south-west Sweden, before he was shot by police.

The police should be shot for shooting the man stabbing the teacher. And then the shooter who shot the police should be shot for shooting the police, shooting the man who was stabbing the teacher.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 22, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The police should be shot for shooting the man stabbing the teacher. And then the shooter who shot the police should be shot for shooting the police, shooting the man who was stabbing the teacher.

But which shooter should shoot the last shooter if all shooters get shot by shooter shooters?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

this is going to boil down until there are two to three people left on Earth to shoot the people who shot the people etc. And they will do the whole Wild West Showdown thing and put it on YouTube for the dead human race to not see.
Using gun control and "lol Star wars sword guy on the loose!" or whatever jokes kind of takes away the seriousness from this. It's still sad to see a teacher die and students get hurt (did every one of them live?).
I don't know enough about Sweden's culture to get into an argument about this kind of stuff. Though it does seem to be the first case of a school "attack" that I've heard of in Sweden.

Quote by ultimate-slash
But which shooter should shoot the last shooter if all shooters get shot by shooter shooters?

Have the police officer who shot the attacker and the guy who should shoot the police officer shoot each other in the chest at the same time.
Quote by gonzaw
Using gun control and "lol Star wars sword guy on the loose!" or whatever jokes kind of takes away the seriousness from this. It's still sad to see a teacher die and students get hurt (did every one of them live?).

Yeah this.
Quote by homeless-john
Trollhattan sounds like some bullshit fantasy underworld version of New York.

If it was, the guy would have used this:

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Revolvers are so old-school though...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Revolvers are so old-school though...

Hmm. Practical and safe.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by ultimate-slash

Have everybody involved shoot each other simultaneously.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.

Looks like a WW2 helm with an airsoft mask, not Darth Vader or anything Star Wars related to me.
Quote by EyeNon15
Someone should just make a law banning murder

also tax payer funded mandatory "how not to murder" courses.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Imagine the death toll if he'd been able to get the psychiatric help he needed in time.
Quote by JackalUK

Looks like a WW2 helm with an airsoft mask, not Darth Vader or anything Star Wars related to me.

Yeah but the general masses won't click on accurate descriptions.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jpnyc
If only there had been a law-abiding gun owner there to stop him! There was one ready to help, but she was distracted when a gun fell out of her purse and shot another person in the medical office waiting room they were sitting in.

But hey, just keep fantasizing about how you would have saved the day with your precious guns, wackos

Because that of course NEVER happens.

Well, except for several times a day in the US, if the data can be trusted.

https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm

Just because you don't see it on the news doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Because that of course NEVER happens.

Well, except for several times a day in the US, if the data can be trusted.

https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm

Just because you don't see it on the news doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I love how the first reference is more of an advert for a book than a reference.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I love how the first reference is more of an advert for a book than a reference.

Nah, it's because Kleck catches so much shit from anti-gun folks, even though his research has been independently confirmed repeatedly. It's almost like they don't like what he has to say....go figure...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Nah, it's because Kleck catches so much shit from anti-gun folks, even though his research has been independently confirmed repeatedly. It's almost like they don't like what he has to say....go figure...

So, can you actually think of a way to reduce crime in the US without the threat of violence? Seriously, having even a significant minority of your population going armed in order to prevent crime is some seriously dystopic shit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
So, can you actually think of a way to reduce crime in the US without the threat of violence? Seriously, having even a significant minority of your population going armed in order to prevent crime is some seriously dystopic shit.

Given the culture and conditions, no.

Nor it it likely to change anytime soon.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Ichikurosaki
global ban on weapons

nothing can be sold unless it is safe to give to a baby

problem solved lets go home

I think that already applies to everything except guns.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I think that already applies to everything except guns.

And salad forks. Fucking salad forks!
Charles Darwin