My 86 year old dad called to bullshit. We talked about football then I bragged about my new guitar. Dad told me that his friend was looking for a Gibson guitar. I said "oh? I'd be careful, I've heard there might be some problems with some of their new models". Dad said "Oh...well Randy says he'd like to buy an OLD Gibson. Cheap." I started laughing and told my dad "I'd like Jesus to come down from Heaven and hand me a bag full of gold doubloons. I'd like Halle Berry to show up naked on my doorstep and shower me with blowjobs. Something tells me your buddy is going to be severely disappointed".

So...is my dad's friend a bit too optimistic?
Last edited by TobusRex at Oct 22, 2015,
Halle Berry circa whatever year Swordfish was, for sure.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Tools are tools. You can have the greatest equipment in the world and still be a shit composer with no original melodies/counterpoint of your own to bask in. That is really the only reason to be disappointed: having a useless mind.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
TS vying for Worst Thread against lyle

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by chrismendiola
It depends on what he means by "old."

From the conversation I'd guess Dad was talking 70's or earlier. The funny thing is his friend knows about Gibson being a good brand, but also thinking that because it's old it's going to be CHEAP
Quote by ErikLensherr
Halle Berry circa whatever year Swordfish was, for sure.

Circa 1985-2015 would suit me fine
Quote by TobusRex
Does it have auto tuners?

Hey! Don't go getting picky on me, you asked for an old, cheap Gibson, that's what I provided...

You should pick it up just for the amusement value!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
You know, a lot of that will buff right out.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
you've got jesus coming down from heaven an gold dubloons is all you hope for?

and what if halle berry isn't giving you a blowjob but rather showering you with bj's she's giving to your dad?

you have a lack of vision my friend
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by ehbacon
You talked about blowjobs and naked women to your 86 year old dad?

How is that different from people talking about what they'd do if they were president or whatever, when the only thing they'd ever be president of is the dork club?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ehbacon
You talked about blowjobs and naked women to your 86 year old dad?

You think my 86 year old daddy is easily shocked?