I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of the products out there that will take a floyd rose and stop it from doing what it does. I know Nu-tone.com has a product that stops it from being able to pull the bar back but allows dive bombs, but I was really wondering if I loosened the one part back if it would allow me to pull back or if it would need to be removed to allow the full motion again. If anyone could answer that for me I would appreciate it a lot, or let me know of a product or technique that will let me keep it in place when I want and let it free when i want. I apologize for any spelling errors or bad grammar, Its late, I drank a few, and I started searching the web and came up with some questions. Thanks in advance for any help!
Quote by whiteouteyes
I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of the products out there that will take a floyd rose and stop it from doing what it does. I know Nu-tone.com has a product that stops it from being able to pull the bar back but allows dive bombs, but I was really wondering if I loosened the one part back if it would allow me to pull back or if it would need to be removed to allow the full motion again. If anyone could answer that for me I would appreciate it a lot, or let me know of a product or technique that will let me keep it in place when I want and let it free when i want. I apologize for any spelling errors or bad grammar, Its late, I drank a few, and I started searching the web and came up with some questions. Thanks in advance for any help!

I do that on a daily basis

I haven't honestly had any first hand of experience, but tremol-no (or however the fuck you spell it), comes up often, and I haven't heard anything bad.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Most of these gadgets keep you from pulling back until unlocked. Once unlocked, however, you have full range of motion. But this gizmo lives in the spring cavity, with six screws between you and it.

The newer Kahler hybrids (this is informational only) can be locked into a complete hard tail mode (no dive, no pull-up) or unlocked and used as a full range trem, with everything on the top of the guitar and requiring only a few seconds to make the change.
Tremel-no, noted. Those bridges sound like they should be sweeping the nation, thats the first I've heard of them!
I'm looking at a seven string that I'll be purchasing sometime next year and I was thinking I would go with a model that has a floyd rose on it, and I've heard changing strings on those is a pain and the locking-ma-jigs were mentioned as a way to make it easier. After looking at a few I thought that in general it seemed like a good option to throw on as its not even an expensive or hard to do mod. I just wanted to make sure on the facts so I don't neuter it when I could just give it a condom, and yes thats the best example I came up with so I'm sticking with it
Quote by dspellman
The newer Kahler hybrids (this is informational only) can be locked into a complete hard tail mode (no dive, no pull-up) or unlocked and used as a full range trem, with everything on the top of the guitar and requiring only a few seconds to make the change.

I have a Kahler X-Trem on my B.C. Rich that locks via a small set screw in the back if the trem on the vertical thickness of the baseplate it is awesome, much easier prospect to lock a Kahler than a Floyd tho
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I use the trem blocker from Floyd Upgrades .com easy to install and use.