Hi. A while back I made a thread about my acoustic guitar that got a nasty crack in the neck. You recommended me to glue it together myself, and I decided I'd give it a shot. Now, I happen to have free access to this wood glue, but I have no idea what it is or if it's suitable for guitar repair. I only have these pictures of the bottle at the moment:

I tried googling it but found nothing. I was told that it's proper wood glue, but I'm a skeptic. I'd like to know if you'd recommend it before sticking it inside my guitar.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I can't read what it says so

if it clearly does not say it is wood glue then don't use it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I can't read what it says so

if it clearly does not say it is wood glue then don't use it

I can't read it either That's the problem. I hoped someone would recognize the bottle. I'm pretty sure it's wood glue all right, but there's good glue and bad glue. And I have no idea which one this is.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I can't read it either That's the problem. I hoped someone would recognize the bottle. I'm pretty sure it's wood glue all right, but there's good glue and bad glue. And I have no idea which one this is.

I use Franklin Titebond.

It does look like wood glue from the aplication pictures, but with out knowing I wouldn't chance it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I use Franklin Titebond.

It does look like wood glue from the aplication pictures, but with out knowing I wouldn't chance it

Yeah, practically everyone recommended Titebond for me.

If I can make sure that it is wood glue, you'd say I could use it? Even if I wasn't sure about all of the other details.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Quote by Kevätuhri
Yeah, practically everyone recommended Titebond for me.

If I can make sure that it is wood glue, you'd say I could use it? Even if I wasn't sure about all of the other details.

Well it depends on what type of wood glue (there are several varieties) it is.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well it depends on what type of wood glue (there are several varieties) it is.

I thought so, hence I made this thread. I think it has been used to repair furniture before. That's everything I know.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Have you got any scrap wood lying around that you could try it out on before you try it on your guitar?
Quote by WeZ-84
Have you got any scrap wood lying around that you could try it out on before you try it on your guitar?

I don't think so. I have no problem buying the Titebond, I'll probably do it anyway, but since I can have this glue for free and I have it at hand right now, it would've streamlined things a bit.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Woodglue varies widely and includes some types that expand to fill, etc.

If you don't know the glue, don't use it.
Sorry for being a bit late, didn't notice the reply. Sure, I'm just going to buy a bottle of titebond when I get the chance.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
Hope I'm not too late to the party on this. I have used this glue before. It is crap. It is similar to gorilla glue in that it expands like spray foam insulation as it cures. BUT it does not dry hard like gorilla glue. When it is dry it is somewhat rubbery and soft. Don't use this glue for instrument repairs. Stick with the titebond or old brown hide glue.