scary means a lot of different things. what scares you?

there is already a nightmare thread, so don't post gifs or videos or stories. Just the types of things that get you most rattled. Do you startle easily? Anxiety? Existentialism? Terror? Hysteria? Philosophical? etc.

I am pretty jumpy so in films the jump scare will always get me even if the films really isn't scary. I don't often (if ever) feel terrified or hysterical.

i have abit of non-clinical hypochondria. so i tend to do something like, say, pull something out of the cavity where i had a wisdom tooth removed, and i immediately link it to a bunch of other seemingly innocuous, albeit weird, things, and assume i am dying of the most rare disease or somehting.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Oct 23, 2015,
My roomate snuck up on me when I was cooking and listening to music, that really made me jump and she didn't even mean to. Like heart pounding "omg I'm gonna die" scared
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Thinking about how I'm gonna die someday.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I've said these a few times before, but severe mental illnesses like dementia/schizophrenia scare the shit out of me. Like the ones who don't even seem to know who they are or what's going on anymore.

Also, the thought of losing a loved one. Being in a relationship for years and then she dies.

These things terrify me the most.
Free Ali
Spoopy? Sounds like a word for poop when you have diarrhea.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I'm afraid of one day feeling completely and powerlessly lonely.

I'm afraid that something tragic that I could avoid happens to someone I love.

I'm afraid of the impending doom of a natural disaster. Like those really big and disastrous ones.

I don't stress over these things though; I just think they're not worth thinking about.
Quote by chrismendiola
I've said these a few times before, but severe mental illnesses like dementia/schizophrenia scare the shit out of me. Like the ones who don't even seem to know who they are or what's going on anymore.

Nah mate if you have to be mentally ill being completely fucking whacked out is the best you could hope for
i share a similar feeling with my mans chris. I have a recurring mental freak out thing when I think about if I am always hallucinating, and none of what I experience is real, and my brain is preventing me from experiencing reality. Obviously reality is relative (in a sense, at least personal reality is), but it's still like "holy crap I could be doing some running and in reality i'm about to run off a cliff aaagh".

also thinking about forevers. no life after death terrifies me because then what on earth happens to me, like i'm just gone and aaagh. life after death also terrifies me because then when does it end, but it can't end cause then we get to the no life after death and that's scary, so the less scary is that there is life after death, but then there is always life forever and ever and aaagaghahghaghahghag

etc
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I'm afraid of myself mostly. I've already pushed away so many people from my life and lately I've been more isolated than ever, and I've been putting off important things that need to get done for no reason other than my general lack of emotion for anything.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Nah mate if you have to be mentally ill being completely fucking whacked out is the best you could hope for

yep

yep

yep
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I get startled very easy. This shit has to be genetic or something because my sister and mom get super spooked when they don't see you and you say hello

But that's not really being "scared" I guess. Everyone's a little scared of the same things I think
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I'm afraid of myself mostly. I've already pushed away so many people from my life and lately I've been more isolated than ever, and I've been putting off important things that need to get done for no reason other than my general lack of emotion for anything.

This sounds familiar except in my telling there was no one to be pushed away. Lol. I'm scared that I'll never be able to maintain a consistent level of motivation or ambition and live a life unfulfilled.
Quote by chrismendiola at #33649975

Also, the thought of losing a loved one. Being in a relationship for years and then she dies.

These things terrify me the most.

yea

Especially that second one, though I guess that's not uncommon by any means.

Basically I'm scared of what I will do if something really bad like that ever happened to me. Like my anxiety and everything is already so over the top and awful even when little things happen that some people wouldn't even call problems. I'm terrified of what will happen if something really bad ever happens. I don't even know if that makes sense...

Also, just in a general I do scare easily. I really dislike most horror movies and games because I don't find being scared or uncomfortable very fun.
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 24, 2015,
I'm scared of the eventual heat death of the universe.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Looking up at the sky and thinking we could get nuked or hit by an asteroid at any moment
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
I'm in an almost permanent existential crisis, but idk I'm scared of the dark at times. Sometimes I walk through the house in the dark with no problems. Don't really understand why it's so "on-and-off".

I'm always afraid of craneflies, though. Evil little bastards.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Jump scares get me and also being lonely. And just generally creepy unexplainable things
cat
Quote by GuitarGod_92
The skeleton war is literally the most cringe meme welcome to my shitlist Ali

I've never even heard of them before that video. I'm not even sure what it is, other than a Halloween tradition. Take me off your shitlist please.

You can bet I downloaded Zoobe after that, though. SPOOOOPY SHIT MMMHMMMM
Quote by GuitarGod_92
The skeleton war is literally the most cringe meme welcome to my shitlist Ali

Ali's always been on my shitlist #hipstercred
Being stuck in one place
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Banjocal
I'm in an almost permanent existential crisis, but idk I'm scared of the dark at times. Sometimes I walk through the house in the dark with no problems. Don't really understand why it's so "on-and-off".

I'm always afraid of craneflies, though. Evil little bastards.

Elon Musk said he conquered his fear of the dark as a kid when he thought something like "oh, its just lack of photons".

but yeah I get you, dark on-off
Quote by Will Lane
getting fat
being alone

having a mentally handicapped kid. i'd still love him/her but i don't think anyone wants that.

No fucking shit ay?

Depressions a mental handicap though right? No one tell my parents.
It's been 2 years idk
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Will Lane at #33650764
having a mentally handicapped kid. i'd still love him/her but i don't think anyone wants that.

This too. Or a kid who identifies as who knows what. Or a kid who's into furry stuff or something. Just gimme a normal kid.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by UltimateGuizar
I'd totally vote for you if there was an election

thanks but we're more of an autonomous collective
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Will Lane

This is a big part of why I don't want to risk having kids. Any medical condition...fuk that, I can't deal with it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
RE: the handicapped thing, it really depends on the circumstances. My faulty genes? Fuck no. But I've met some folks who have ended up being FAR better, wiser and just generally amazing people BECAUSE they've truly had that crisis and love for their child, especially in times of strife. No love is unconditional but I can think of people who's love comes pretty damn close to it and their kid's disability has a lot to do with it.

Quote by Fat Lard
Elon Musk said he conquered his fear of the dark as a kid when he thought something like "oh, its just lack of photons".

but yeah I get you, dark on-off
sorry for the late reply

Yeah I mean working in the darkroom has done wonders. It's actually quite wonderful to move around an environment using only touch. Not to diminish the struggles of the blind or anything but in short doses there's a specialness to it.

Living in the country can be nice. We get a proper eigengrau over here.

eh I guess it's something most people get. Nothing unusual and pretty easily explainable
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 24, 2015,