Page 1 of 10
Sad. The Female Eunuch was great, but now she's sort of out of touch with modern feminism.

Which is clearly the only response feminists will have, but I don't think you created this thread to be reasonable.
I created this thread to discuss bigoted opinions on trans people that those across the political spectrum hold.

Greer is just like a standard conservative lady now.
I didnt watch the video but she probably doesn't know what she's talking about..

Because she's a woman.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I've no doubt that there's transphobia among the left (won't talk about the right because you can damn well count on them for prejudice). Just look at most pit threads, supposedly a liberal forum, where transgender people are mentioned. Jokes about pronouns, jokes about identifying as an animal/mythical creature, the odd person who still says "tranny", and people who think it's immoral.
Germaine Greer stopped being relevant a long time ago, she had her place in history, and now it's done.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
TERFs, innit. They don't speak for the majority of feminists any more.

She should still give the speech she was going to give.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Seemed like she just pointed out that it's biologically impossible to change your sex. She didn't endorse the idea that these people shouldn't be allowed to get surgery or anything, nor did she deny that gender dysphoria exists. Calling her a bigot is going pretty far.
Last edited by Rossenrot at Oct 24, 2015,
When I saw the title I thought it was gonna be a picture of some of that feminist art that makes me feel uncomfortable
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by Rossenrot
Seemed like she just pointed out that it's biologically impossible to change your sex. She didn't endorse the idea that these people shouldn't be allowed to get surgery or anything, nor did she deny that gender dysphoria exists. Calling her a bigot is going pretty far.

always a red flag when it's someone who's just 'stating facts!!'. There's always gunna be some ulterior social reasons for doing so.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Yeah. Facts are going to be interpreted. She's well in control of what she's saying. Her tone is that of prejudiced old people in the modern world. "Look, I'm just saying..."
Greer is known for her blunt prose. I wouldn't infer too much from her remarks; she seems totally disinterested in the topic.
Quote by Rossenrot
Greer is known for her blunt prose. I wouldn't infer too much from her remarks; she seems totally disinterested in the topic.

Why excuse it? Radical feminism's pretty well known for being transphobic and homophobic.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Why excuse it? Radical feminism's pretty well known for being transphobic and homophobic.
to be fair, its most extreme 'members' are. generally speaking, RF is just about deconstructing the patriarchy through non-political channels. There are issues some have with this (as RF may be argued to place gender inequality as higher in the problems list than race and class inequality) but it's not /fundamentally/ anything -phobic. the base theory behind RF isn't even that radical, it's simply more action-oriented that the wishy-washy variants it questions
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
The whole existence of transsexual people flies right in the face of the feminism that's been shoved down our throats for 30 years.
Are we supposed to be surprised some old warrior doesnt like that her lifelong ideology is being destroyed by transexuality?
Quote by Banjocal
to be fair, its most extreme 'members' are. generally speaking, RF is just about deconstructing the patriarchy through non-political channels. There are issues some have with this (as RF may be argued to place gender inequality as higher in the problems list than race and class inequality) but it's not /fundamentally/ anything -phobic. the base theory behind RF isn't even that radical, it's simply more action-oriented that the wishy-washy variants it questions

Yup. I probably shouldn't state stuff like that on only the assumption of minor historical literacy of feminism. The Pit's already got a pretty skewed view of the topic haha.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I created this thread to discuss bigoted opinions on trans people that those across the political spectrum hold.

Greer is just like a standard conservative lady now.

What exactly was bigoted in what she said? Bare in mind that she's a feminist and not PC. That's a big difference.
this
Quote by MetalMullet
What exactly was bigoted in what she said? Bare in mind that she's a feminist and not PC. That's a big difference.

It's bigoted to judge who should be a real woman and who shouldn't be a real woman.

If women are disadvantaged in society, and a biological male decides to transition to a female, effectively disadvantaging themselves, they should be given as much as support as a biological female.

Who is Germaine, or anyone even, to judge this?
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Germaine Greer stopped being relevant a long time ago, she had her place in history, and now it's done.

yep

Quote by Weaponized
We should kill her

double yep
Germaine is a man's name (at least it is when it's spelt with a J). Why does some feminist have a man's name? Was it her name that turned her to feminism?
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Germaine is a man's name (at least it is when it's spelt with a J). Why does some feminist have a man's name? Was it her name that turned her to feminism?

Nah, she wrote a pretty decent book nearly 40 years ago as part of 2nd wave feminism, it's a pretty interesting book. But since then, she's just pretty much become your old annoying aunt that gets drunk at parties and spouts a lot of offensive drivel, and gets angry when people call her out on it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Lyle will you please stop intentionally using trans issues to cause drama on this site for your own amusement

Also yes she is wrong about everything just like all terfs
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Lyle will you please stop intentionally using trans issues to cause drama on this site for your own amusement

Also yes she is wrong about everything just like all terfs

I am a #transally
Do we, as a society, have a responsibility to see that someone doesn't identify as their gender and have to agree to see them as the gender they desire? Let's start this thread here.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I was waiting for the blood where is it
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by JustRooster
Do we, as a society, have a responsibility to see that someone doesn't identify as their gender and have to agree to see them as the gender they desire? Let's start this thread here.

Yes
thought this would be a #menstruationthread
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
That interviewer was dumb. I agree with what the old lady's saying.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by MeTallIcA313 at #33650167
She has an unpopular opinion, Someone stop her!
Quote by SMH07
I didnt watch the video but she probably doesn't know what she's talking about..

Because she's a woman.

Lad Bible tier bants.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I saw this earlier today. Greer has a fair point. Even if a man says he is a woman and has surgery to give him female genitalia, every single cell in their body is still male.

I also liked her comment on Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. How insulting is it to women to have a 6'5" male olympian masquerading as a woman to be named 'woman of the year'?
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good