Yes
23 46%
No
23 46%
Too high to give a fuck...
4 8%
Voters: 50.
Page 1 of 2
Are drugs bad???...Personally from my own experiences and from what I've seen them do to people, I think that drugs are bad. But I guess it depends what kind of drugs were talking about but I mean in general. I always hear druggies talk about how safe they are and how they are good for you but I feel like they're just trying to justify their drug usage/habit. I've experimented with drugs for couple of years and have had some amazing and life changing experiences but I wouldn't promote drug usage of any kind to anyone and I don't consider them to be safe. Obviously drugs like heroin and crystal meth are bad but I also I feel like psychedelic drugs like acid and dmt can be dangerous too. They can potentially be harmful to your mind and body and make people behave in dangerous ways...Anyways what's your opinion?
mmkay
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Not to take an igtheist model of thought to this discussion, but before this thread has ANY worth whatsoever y'all need to stringently define 'drugs' and then categorise them.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I think drugs test your awareness and willpower. They put you in an alternate state of mind which can lead to a lot of interesting ideas that can be useful. However, when used for the wrong reasons, drugs can be bad mkay. They can lead to dependence. It's all in the brain and your brain gets used to these chemicals and grows around it. You just gotta understand yourself.
To play devil's advocate, what about people that are in drug induced psychosis, and end up self harming and doing damage to themselves and others.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I think drugs test your awareness and willpower. They put you in an alternate state of mind which can lead to a lot of interesting ideas that can be useful. However, when used for the wrong reasons, drugs can be bad mkay. They can lead to dependence. It's all in the brain and your brain gets used to these chemicals and grows around it. You just gotta understand yourself.

Yes...exactly. it really just depends on the person. You have to be mentally prepared. Some people are able to function normally while on drugs...and some people lose complete control over everything.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
To play devil's advocate, what about people that are in drug induced psychosis, and end up self harming and doing damage to themselves and others.

Exactly what I was saying...there's always a risk.
Quote by Banjocal
Not to take an igtheist model of thought to this discussion, but before this thread has ANY worth whatsoever y'all need to stringently define 'drugs' and then categorise them.

If nicotine, alcohol and caffeine are drugs then the human race would implode without drugs.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by killaudio666
Yes...exactly. it really just depends on the person. You have to be mentally prepared. Some people are able to function normally while on drugs...and some people lose complete control over everything.

You really do. All of my bad trips could have been avoided if I was in a more positive setting and didn't have mental anxiety at the time. Drugs give your mind and imagination a lot of power, you gotta be careful. I do think a lot of positive ideas can come from drugs though. I've learned a lot about myself on drugs. You just gotta keep the mindset up while sober and not depend on the drugs
No.

Excessive consumption is bad.

Sugar isn't bad, excessive consumption of sugar is bad
Alcohol isn't bad, excessive consumption of alcohol is bad

you get the idea.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
No.

Excessive consumption is bad.

Sugar isn't bad, excessive consumption of sugar is bad
Alcohol isn't bad, excessive consumption of alcohol is bad

you get the idea.

Again, playing devil's advocate here.

Person has one hit of meth, it's not bad, but then they start taking more, thinking "I'll be ok", and then the addiction begins. Is it not safer to avoid in general?

The same rule applies to sugar and alcohol, the effects of excess consumption of those is not so obvious sometimes.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Depends what drug you're talking about. Think, children.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
All drugs are good at all times at all levels of consumption - the more the better. Do more drugs and help save humankind.
Mebbes aye. Mebbes naw.

Could be. Could no be.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
All I know is I'm staying the fuck away from them, lost too many friends.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by wafflesyrup
All drugs are good at all times at all levels of consumption - the more the better. Do more drugs and help save humankind.

this

smoke all the marijuanas u can
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
this

smoke all the marijuanas u can

Pfft, smoking is for pussies. To really get the marijuanas to work, you have to inject them. But sometimes, if you inject just one marijuana, you will die
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by USCENDONE BENE

If nicotine, alcohol and caffeine are drugs then the human race would implode without drugs.

I once tried going without caffeine for a few days. Honestly, it was harder than going without alcohol.
Quote by i_lovemetallica

The same rule applies to sugar and alcohol, the effects of excess consumption of those is not so obvious sometimes.

No?

"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Yes, antibiotics are the worst, but statins and beta-blockers are right up there as well...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Most drugs in small medicinal dosages are beneficial. Though most starter doses are recreational and way above medicinal use. Also people just take more and more and start a routine, then it destroys them for a while when they have to quit.
Why does this even exist? If we're talking paracetamol I'll think you'll be alright. If we're talking heroin then be prepared to die / get seriously damaged. In terms of serious illegal drugs, it just depends on whether you think things that slowly (or possibly quickly) chip away at your life as a trade for escaping reality and fooling your body into thinking it feels good is a bad thing or not. So... yeah. More hardcore drugs (meth, heroin, etc) BAD.
paracetamol will fuck you up breh
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Yeah, most legal medicinal drugs are just as dangerous in similar doses to most illicit drugs. They all fuck you over.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by sasquatchjosh96
Bruh, took some para once and gnawed a dude's face off.

took some para once and my liver stopped working
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Bladez22
good escape from a shit reality

Yea its fun for a while but sooner or later you gotta come back to to the real world...Using drugs to run from your problems is never the solution.
Quote by killaudio666
Yea its fun for a while but sooner or later you gotta come back to to the real world...Using drugs to run from your problems is never the solution.

it is if you keep running
Quote by killaudio666
Can you elaborate on this?...

If you prepare heroin to the same standards of purity as an intravenous drug used in a clinical setting, and dose it properly, then it is safe.

For example, if you - or anyone you know - ever gets an epidural, it will most likely have heroin in it. Just heroin that was prepared in a properly clean setting.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
If you prepare heroin to the same standards of purity as an intravenous drug used in a clinical setting, and dose it properly, then it is safe.

For example, if you - or anyone you know - ever gets an epidural, it will most likely have heroin in it. Just heroin that was prepared in a properly clean setting.

Can you support this because in the US it's a Schedule 1 (no medically accepted use) drug.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Opiates are all basically the same thing, Morphine, codeine, and thebaine are all from the poppy plant itself, where as herion and the oxy variants are all produced synthetically from morphine

Herion basically reacts/breaks down into morphine inside your body anyway, so it is kind of the same thing but also not really

as for arguing if its medical or not, unless you're using it directly for medical purposes then I really don't think it counts
Last edited by Bladez22 at Oct 24, 2015,
It all depends on the drug and why/how much it's used. This isn't elementary school.
Page 1 of 2