Poll: Orange Crush or Bugera 1960
Poll Options
View poll results: Orange Crush or Bugera 1960
Orange
2 29%
Bugera
5 71%
Voters: 7.
trying really hard to decide between these two heads, maybe some of you fine folks could weigh in on the matter.
i play really dreamy doom metal, lots of delay and reverb, crushing down tuned distorted guitars, that kinda stuff.
running a dean ml into a metal zone (i know, i know, but i like it) into a zoom g3 (2 delays and a reverb)
ill be running the head into a 2x12 and a 1x15

bugera is all tube 150w.
i REALLY want the tube sound, but theres no built in reverb, and i like having a light amp reverb and kick the g3 in when i go to space. i dont want it to be a deal breaker, but its definitely on my mind

Orange is 120w solid state.
not in love with solid state amps, but it does have tube emulation. reverb is a plus, and orange is orange. kind of a doom staple.

so, i dont know. thoughts?
is bugera a decent amp? or should i go with the name on this one?
Orange tube amps are a doom staple, not the Crush.

I am loathe to recommend the Bugera but in terms of tone it's no competition.

Why only those two?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

Why only those two?

pretty much just price range and youtube demos. i am open to suggestion, but under $500 is a necessity
Then go used. A used 6505/5150 should sort you out.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by gratefulduck

i play really dreamy doom metal, lots of delay and reverb, crushing down tuned distorted guitars, that kinda stuff.

Crushing huh

The Orange is a gimmick to get people who don't know better to buy the orange name (think Marshall MG)

The Bugera has too many potential problems and it is a way too modern tone if you are looking for doom. You should look at the Laney AOR or Peavey VTM/Windsor (used of course)they will do doom better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Of those two - I'd take the Bugera 1960. Keep in mind, that the 1960 is just one of many many many Marshall Plexi type clone amps that are on the market. You have a ton of options at your disposal. Sovteks, RedBears, Peavey Windsor/VTM/Butcher, Laney AOR, and so on.

I'd suggest a Crate Blue Voodoo (puts on flame suit). They can be found very cheap, have a nice clean channel that take pedals well - plus fx loop. The distortion channel isn't too bad either, just have to avoid the using presence knob and keep the treble around noon to dodge the fizz. JJ tubes tame the fizz and darken them up nicely.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.