Thinking of getting a BC Rich, opinions on the brand?

I'm at a lack of funds so no dissing on budget. I feel for the price that this is a reasonable guitar, I love the shape and think it would do me well until my budget is once again in order.

Has anyone had one of these and can they give an honest opinion?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/bc_rich_mockingbird_masterpiece_onyx.htm

Also I have EMG's ready to go in it so sound shouldn't be too much of an issue for me.
I font mind many of BC Rich's higher end offerings, but I've never played anything in the lower range that I thought was worth buying
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I font mind many of BC Rich's higher end offerings, but I've never played anything in the lower range that I thought was worth buying

+1
They have some decent mid grade guitars but overall the brand has taken quite a dive in quality.
I'd say around $700-1000 maybe you can find some gems.
The necks on their cheapos are awful, but at 150€ I'd say whatever, not that you can find anything better, maybe an used Ibanez or LTD that sold around $500 new.
i owned a Masterpiece series Bich a few years back. they aren't bad guitars at all and would be about the lowest i'd go for BC Rich. a friend of mine borrowed it when his gear was stolen and has used it since for his band with really good results. new pickups certainly can't hurt. BC Rich still has a bad rep left over from the 90s but they are making better guitars these days. go for it. down the road you may want to look for one of the neck thru models as they are far better guitars.
What's the benefit of a through neck?

Thank You, think I'm gonna get it.
My only other concern is the thickness of the neck, this might be a bad idea but would I be able to sand it down so it's thinner? All my other guitars have had thin necks is all.

Many thanks
Quote by Pijay7T13
What's the benefit of a through neck?

Thank You, think I'm gonna get it.
My only other concern is the thickness of the neck, this might be a bad idea but would I be able to sand it down so it's thinner? All my other guitars have had thin necks is all.

Many thanks

int theory better sustain (not necessarily true though). the biggest thing is that the neck thru models are higher end and better overalll quality. the neck might take some getting used to but i don't have big hands and manage just fine with it. the fretboard is wider than many and gain takes a little getting used to. once you do you'll be fine. yes you could sand the neck but that would ruin resale value and most likely not help you that much.
The main difference is easier access to the top frets.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Owned a BC Rich Bich years ago - loved that guitar but wrecked it after too many drunken punk gigs dropping it all over the place. Not sure what the quality is like these days but that was a £400 guitar and I've missed it ever since I gave it away....