I've been looking around on line at the Gibson 2016 Explorer. In the list of features it says Gibson hard shell case included. Then down in the specs it says comes with gig bag.

Anyone bought a new one recently and if so did it come with a hard case? There is a youtube video of a guy unpacking a cherry one and it had a soft case.
Have you tried emailing Gibson? Or (assuming you're seriously thinking of buying) the store you're thinking of buying from?

(Sorry for being captain obvious but the amount of times I never think of the obvious solution and then kick myself afterwards... )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Have you tried emailing Gibson? Or (assuming you're seriously thinking of buying) the store you're thinking of buying from?

(Sorry for being captain obvious but the amount of times I never think of the obvious solution and then kick myself afterwards... )

Agreed, call MF or GC It appears that the stock 2016 comes with a gigbg.

The 120th Ann and earlier ones came with hartdshell cases.
so they raised the prices $500 and eliminated the case?

falk you henry!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
so they raised the prices $500 and eliminated the case?

falk you henry!

Call Wildwood Guitars or Sweetwater and ask them. Those people know their shit.
Quote by craignarramoore
I've been looking around on line at the Gibson 2016 Explorer. In the list of features it says Gibson hard shell case included. Then down in the specs it says comes with gig bag.

Anyone bought a new one recently and if so did it come with a hard case? There is a youtube video of a guy unpacking a cherry one and it had a soft case.

I got my SG THROUGH gibson, so I don't know how much what I have to say will matter, but when I talked to their "dealer" he said it came with a hard case (A great brown leather one) AND the website also said it came with a hard case.

I also recommend calling. For me personally, I do a LOT of personal business with my sales rep at sweetwater. I also never buy anything online, I handle all my business over the phone. At that point, I basically always get a discount on my items, I just ask for it. I recommend calling and asking for any "deals" or if there's any discounts that can be applied. might just be my experience, but I always get at least 10% off.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Way Cool JR.

lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
buying new gibsons lol.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.