Hey all,

Really loving this website, it has fired my interest back up for guitar. After not being able to afford lessons for years, I Found this website and it has motivated me to teach myself and start learning.

That said. I am trying to figure out a song that does not have a tab on here by a relatively lesser known musician. The song is "Far and Over the Sea" by Tom Francis --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sFZaze9_OM

So basically, in regular tuning I figured he was playing a F# for the very first note. My best guess is that the second note is he removes his 3 finger from the chord. From there on though, I cannot figure out what he is doing.

Would someone be willing to help me with this song? I am a pretty novice guitarist, but I love this song and would like to share / help work on a tab.

Check out the video for reference. It's pretty simple but I am not knowledgeable enough to play it.

Thanks guys!
I just have my bass in hand so I can't be much help, but the walk-down (the root notes of the chord progression) is definitely C#, B, G#, F# .

He is just leaving his finger on the F#(shown in the video) out of convenience, he is not playing it for each bar.

At least, as far as i can tell by just using my ears.

Edit: taking a stab at the chords. tab coming soon.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Last edited by BassFishin at Oct 26, 2015,
This is the best I can do for the four chords in the tune.

e|---2---|---2---|---2---|---2---|
B|---2---|---2---|---2---|---2---|
G|---3---|---3---|---3---|---3---|
D|---x---|---x---|---x---|---x---|
A|---4---|---2---|---x---|---x---|
E|---x---|---x---|---4---|---2---|

I'm absolutely horrendous with theory, but basically make an F#maj chord shape. Mute the D string. Walk down the root notes of C#, B, G#, F# in that order. It might be tricky to play as novice.

You could just strum the top 3 notes and have a bassist play the root notes, of course! (that wouldn't be right though )

As for the chorus, I didn't get that far. I'm sure you'll get it. Good luck, and welcome!
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Tune everything down 1/2-step, transpose those notes above up a fret.

Chorus
Em | D | C | |
Em | D | C | D |
G | | Bm | |
Em | | C | |
G | | Bm | |
Em | | C | |
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
The defensive trump card.“We hope the restrictions on overseas players in the Russian Premier League will give our young players an opportunity to prove themselves at a high level