I put 2 songs in my music website: "Do You 2", which is on top, and "High Speed Space Warp2" is the second one down (it sounds like synth, but the first thing you hear after the drums is guitar going through an AdrenaLinn). Please tell me how me how you like the music and how it can be improved. I promise to return the favor. Here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=224436
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Oct 27, 2015,
Hey there,

Thanks a bunch for checking out my track. I appreciate all of your feedback.

"Do You 2" bounces, pings, and echoes. I'd expect to hear parts of a track like this in an 80s movie during a driving scene or date. The vocal style is a little bizarre. This track is very well-done. There's a good use of modulation in here, particularly on the guitar (I think) riffs.

"High Speed Space Warp2"'s name sounds futuristic, and the track delivers on that point. There's a lot of eerie, bubbly hover noises that I might hear in a UFO documentary. This track has interesting development; it starts with an unmistakable rock beat and evolves into creepy, atmospheric space sounds.

Thank you for sharing your tracks with me.
thanks for checking out my stuff. Do you two has a lot going on and it's very weird.. I mean all your shit is kind of weird, you capture weird and use it very well. The only thing I could see you improving on with your style is add more rhythmic variation with your vocal style. High speed space warp2 is amazing seriously one of your best tracks imo. But it needs to be longer and have either a bass solo a synth solo or a guitar solo or all 3 .
Thank you very much for checking my song.And for the feedback.
I checked a lot of your tracks. You have done great job!!!
I am from Greece do you think that I can also regester in this forum soundclick?
Do you know any other u.s forums where i can post my tracks?
How did you manage to have your track played in radio?
silvadolla, Fourfourforever, blazas,
Thank you for listening & replying, I appreciate it!

blazas,
There are bands from Greece, and many other countries on soundclick, so you should be able to put your music there, I would think. I prefer soundclick, though recently, soundcloud seems to be more popular as of lately; it seems to be the most popular lately. How did I get my music on the radio? First time was with the Radio BBC: a tune of mine ("Black and White") got played over the United Kingdom and much of Europe by radio DJ/musician Tom Robinson. His song "2-4-6-8 Motorway" was played a bit on the radio in Los Angeles, though that song got lots of play on MTV/VH1 decades ago. He co-wrote a hit song (in England) with Elton John, and has collaborated with Brian May (guitarist from Queen) and Peter Gabriel. On the Line 6 (mostly known for amps, amp modeling devices, and effects) forums I befriended someone from England. He liked my music and I liked his. As it turned out, that fellow seemed to know Tom Robinson. Some of the music he recommended to Tom Robinson would get played by Tom on the radio. One day, on the Line 6 forum, the English chap said there was a new BBC radio show looking for unsigned bands to play on the radio. I sent an email to the Radio BBC, with a link to "Black and White", because the English fellow really like that song of mine. And it got played! I was so excited! I heard it live on the internet.

On October 24, 2010, I got 18 of my original songs played on 88FM, based in Harlingen, Texas, USA, on a one hour radio program. The DJ hung out on the Line 6 forums for a long time (haven't seen him there in quite a while), and I had no idea he was a radio DJ. One day, he announced on the forum he was looking for bands to play on his radio show (it played once or twice a month), so I mailed him a CD. It took months, but he played my CD on his radio show.

Twelve months ago, I got a song of mine ("Beware of the Giant Squid") played on KROQ FM, in the Los Angeles area. I had tried to get my music played on KROQ twice before, with (probably) no success, many years ago. Last year KROQ announced they were looking for Halloween music (from radio listeners) to play on the Kevin and Bean Show (they often interview famous musicians, actors, and TV & film directors). I emailed them a link to my song and they played it! If it wasn't for my wife's sister's daughter, I would have never known it got played: she heard my tune on a KROQ podcast. They played my song shortly after they interviewed actor Joseph Gordon Levitt.
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Oct 30, 2015,
Right off the bat both tracks are really well recorded. The mixes are impeccable. Do you 2 is really out there, nice with all the weird modulation/samples & stuff...the vocals are pretty strange but kind of work. I really liked High speed space warp 2. Lots of cool stuff going on, nice build to it....really wierd/creepy/spacey..that second half. Guitar sounds quite guitar-synthy but works in the context of the song....I guess I'm missing a solo of some sort (or two) in there as well lol...otherwise great job with both tracks
Hey aaron aardvark, thanks for the feedback on my ATR contest video.

I thought the two tracks you put up were very well recorded from what I can tell.

I like the trippy and ambient vibe on the tracks. The variety of effects like the synth, modulations and delays add uniqueness to the songs. I don't usually listen to this kind of music often so I can't really give tips on how to improve it.

I suppose all I can say is good job with the recordings and good luck with your music
Other posters have pointed out and I agree I think the mixes are done very well. I think we have some similar tastes in the usage of synths and other electronic parts in our stuff. I do envy you being able to carry a tune and sing on your stuff that I am still working on. Overall I think it was very well done and very imaginative, the only song I didn't really like was do you 2 other than that I think you did great work.
I think it's pretty creative. Although I don't usually listen to music like this (since I prefer heavier stuff), I enjoyed your tracks. They have this strange kind of energy that makes them interesting and unpredictable. At least for me. So, I would say you've done a great work.
Last edited by tami626 at Nov 2, 2015,
I'm loving the sort of spacey strangeness of your music. The use of various different sounds in both tracks really keeps everything feeling fresh and dynamic and the use of panning with all the different effects in High Speed Space Warp creates a really nice atmosphere as well. Overall very nicely done!
nice job on the mixing! the sound you have is definitely unique! I'm a die hard hardcore guy so I can't say for certain I'd listen to this all the time(rigid taste on my part). From a composition stand point your track are well done!
Vocals remind me of Janes Addiction which is cool. You have a knack for creating unique music which is also pretty cool. For the most part this style of music isn't my taste, so I don't think I have much good crit to offer
"Do You 2":

I've listened to your stuff before and you have this incredibly unique music style that I've never really heard anywhere else. It has this really weird kind of trippy sound to it. Not personally my thing but I can appreciate it for what it is. Good job man!
Thanks for the feedback,Aaron. I listened to your tracks (Do You 2 and High Speed Space Warp2) on Soundclick. The first thing I'm going to say that they both have been mixed really well,really lush sounding,pleasant to listen to. On "Do You 2" the drums really caught my attention,sonically speaking:they sound real nice,especially snare. My favorite part starts at 1:20,when the piano-kind-of-thingy takes the lead. Both tracks are quite "Weird" to me since I've never really listened to this kind of music,but if your stuff would come out of the radio when I'm driving I'd turn the volume up! You have a unique style of making music and experimenting on different sounds,I like that. Keep making more music!
Yep, the intro of the High speed space is almost like soundtrack t ofil such Fast and furious
Last edited by icanjan at Nov 7, 2015,
I listened couple of your tracks, very great and strange sound for me. I can not say about a lot about music cuz I lesten metal but you sound and mix is very great!
High Speed: Nice Toms and sick mixing with the drums overall
I like those in and out spacey sounds. ANd the bass line is real good
I can't really say anything negative about this track unless it's not an intro to something. It sounds like an intro. Good work.

Do You 2: Getting an 80's vibe. Some Talking Heads stuff
Hmm the I Love You part sounds a bit weak. I would try going down on the "You" part
The track has potential to nail that wacky sound i assume you're going for i think it's a matter of choosing where to go dissonant or not. I think that first melody you introduced should be the theme of the rest of the melodies, more or less.
Sigs are for salad tossers.
Thanks for the crit

''Do you 2''

Hey man, i really like the intro to this track, and loving the lead parts they work well behind the vocals! It sounds very trippy but youve got some real good riffs/lead parts in this track. i think the song does get slightly repetative but thats not a bad thing as its the best way to get it in peoples heads! Good track man!
Hey man
I have to say that its not my kind of music, but I love those arpegiated sounds in Do you 2,
as you know I did similiar electronics in my latest metal song,
thanks
Hey aaron thanks for the feedback on my 100 Seconds Riffs.

I lisened to your tracks and i have to say you are very creative person. I found very interesting things in you music. Overall it's not my kind of music but still it's a goo job.\
Keep going! Good luck.
Very interesting stuff. Very 80's. Not a bad thing at all as it is different and stands out. At the very least I was entertained...even caught myself bobbing my head along a few times.
thank you very much for your review

I have to say I'm not a big fan of this type of music
but I liked it, the first song it has a very good mood to it
the second one is quite catchy I like the ending too very psycadellic.
the mixing is very good
btw can you tell me how you do this type of thing??
I'm interested in knowing how to make eletronic music, beats and stuff like that
thank you!
Thanks for the crit on my track.

Both of these tracks are quite psychedelic and unique, the first one is very bouncy makes me think of an acid trip

The second one is very futuristic sounding, I agree it sounds like the kind of thing you'd hear in an 80's Sci-fi movie. I like the blend of guitar riffs and ambient sounds, creates a very interesting mood.

The style of both kind of reminds me of the Flaming Lips, but that might just be me.
GodOfEmptyness, 6metal6legend, domea, tami626, madbass lover, -tempest-, R-T-P, ibz120, GuitarManiac110, xivious1, icanjan, crask8, BoneBroke, heaven086, Televisaur, Michal Mike, zburgess11, Joao1993, Serotonite,

Thank you for listening & commenting, I appreciate it! I have used Cubase (computer software) for my recording music and synthesizer sequencing for several years. "Do You Too" uses the following synth plug-ins from Arturia: Jupiter-8V, Wurlitzer-V (models a Wurlitzer electric piano), Oberheim SEM-V, and Mini-V. I used u-he Zebra and u-he Diva synth plug-ins. Drums are toontrack Superior Drummer 2 (computer software).

For "High Speed Space Warp": I used Korg TR-Rack (a synthesizer rack module) drums and synths. It sounds like a synth, yet the first thing after the drums is guitar going through a Roger Linn Design AdrenaLinn.

I'm curious what country or state Joao1993 is from.
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Nov 21, 2015,
"Do you 2" started really strong with a kind of old alt. sound to it. I was not a big fan of the whole "i love you part" but that is just my personal opinion. But overall it was a cool song, something i would listen to while out drinking beer and wakeboarding.

"High Speed Space Warp" has a super cool sound to it in the intro reminds of a loading screen for crash bandicoot lol. That is where that belongs I would consider trying to license some of your experimental electrical stuff to video games or movies. There is lots of information on how to do it on the internet.

Overall cool stuff that I enjoyed, Keep us posted when you get something new.

C4C
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33692618#post33692618
Quote by aaron aardvark
GodOfEmptyness, 6metal6legend, domea, tami626, madbass lover, -tempest-, R-T-P, ibz120, GuitarManiac110, xivious1, icanjan, crask8, BoneBroke, heaven086, Televisaur, Michal Mike, zburgess11, Joao1993, Serotonite,

Thank you for listening & commenting, I appreciate it! I have used Cubase (computer software) for my recording music and synthesizer sequencing for several years. "Do You Too" uses the following synth plug-ins from Arturia: Jupiter-8V, Wurlitzer-V (models a Wurlitzer electric piano), Oberheim SEM-V, and Mini-V. I used u-he Zebra and u-he Diva synth plug-ins. Drums are toontrack Superior Drummer 2 (computer software).

For "High Speed Space Warp": I used Korg TR-Rack (a synthesizer rack module) drums and synths. It sounds like a synth, yet the first thing after the drums is guitar going through a Roger Linn Design AdrenaLinn.

I'm curious what country or state Joao1993 is from.

I'm from Portugal
living in London for 2 months
Hey man, thanks for the feedback on my track and apologies for the slight delay in C4C'ing. I listened to High Speed Space Warp 2. It is a cool track and very well produced. Certainly not what I would tend to listen to but can see it working well as an interlude in an album or as part of a longer track. Nothing bad to say performance or production wise though!
Hey! Thanks for the critique in my thread.

Of the two pieces you've uploaded, I've chosen to listen to High Speed Space Warp 2. As other posters have suggested, the processed guitar signal and low-fidelty drums lend themselves to an 80s sci-fi aesthetic or documentary, though I feel that the recording serves better as an advertisement for the AdrenaLinn. The sounds you've got are great!

I most enjoyed the second half of the piece, which in spirit was reminiscent of early soundwalk pieces by the Luigi Russolo or Jean Claude Risset. It's a wonderful practice to engage in, and one I'd recommend you look into if you haven't already. The feature of your soundwalk's harmonically spacious presentation, laden with expressive, arhythmic flourishes in this piece, as juxtaposition to preceding rhythmically driven designs, was well executed and beneficial to the aesthetic as a whole.
Last edited by juckfush at Nov 22, 2015,
Thanks Aaron, can always count on you for a review! And can always count on you for making interesting music. I listened to 'do you 2', I really like the melodies and the way the different instruments build and fall on top of each other throughout. In particular the twangy guitar that accompanies the verse vocals. The post-chorus riff is also ace. The only thing I don't like is the lyrics. I think really deep lyrics would probably hinder this song as it wouldn't suit the vibe... that being said these lyrics are too far the other way! Hope that helps, and keep at it
Thanks for the crit.

Do You 2: Very unique again, although it sounds like a space age mashup of Baba O'Reilly and Daytripper in the first segment. The rest is your own style for sure. No idea of any improvements. More cowbell maybe?

High Speed Space Warp: A good piece of music. A bit like a futuristic Funky Town for the first half.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
I always dig your songs, aaron! They're always unique, and these are no exception. "Do You 2" was awesome in its delightful weirdness. I loved how the guitar parts and the drums and synth contributed to creating a nice atmosphere. One thing I would advise you to change, is to remove some of the "poing" noises that divert attention away from the vocals. Your vocals are very good on this one, so I think it would serve the song if you highlighted the vocals a bit more.

High speed space warp was cool, digging the atmosphere. Very spacey stuff!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Reviewing "Shout For You"

Returning a C4C you placed on a track of mine months ago, cant forget a UG brother.

Starting off with arrangement I'm at odds with the bass patch coming in with the drums. The intro should automatically strike me and thats when I come to :32 on where you have a lead thats filtered coming over top. I think this would be better suited as your intro.

Some of the synth work could use some resampling to create more unique patches.

Vocals are going to be my final note here, They need a better EQ that comes through the music they feel a bit frail in the lower-mid area. When we finally get to the hook of "shout, shout for you" I would love to see maybe some lower noted harmony or backup with a bit of distortion to go along with the tracks styling. Just my thoughts!