Which epi is better? I prefer playing lead guitar classic rock/rock and some metal like metallica etc. I basically just want the best epi for the tone up to 1000$ ausd. thanks
The Epi Les Paul PlusTop Pros are teriffic! They are an outstanding value and sound great. Unless you convince yourself that you need to spend more for the Tribute, choose the PlusTop Pro finish you like and make sure the one you choose has no defects.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Quote by MusicLaw
The Epi Les Paul PlusTop Pros are teriffic! They are an outstanding value and sound great. Unless you convince yourself that you need to spend more for the Tribute, choose the PlusTop Pro finish you like and make sure the one you choose has no defects.

That's the thing.. I can't get try them because I live in a deserted location ._.. Do you know any method to get a better one? like will refurbished have a good chance of being well built since they had to be fixed
I own both and I would say that they are both very nice guitars. I like the Tribute Plus more because of the Gibson Classic 57 pickups. The Pro has the Probuckers (Epiphone's version of Gibson Burstbuckers). The Tribute also has Grover locking tuners and CTS pots which I like and the tribute also comes with a nice hard shell case. They are both great guitars but the extra $175-200 (US) gets you somewhat better hardware and a case. If that much more money is a problem there is nothing wrong with the Pro. You won't be disappointed with the quality.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 26, 2015,
The Tribute Plus is really nice, one of the best bits is that it has a real maple top, so you get a slightly brighter sound than an normal epiphone LP
Quote by Zydrate
Which epi is better? I prefer playing lead guitar classic rock/rock and some metal like metallica etc. I basically just want the best epi for the tone up to 1000$ ausd. thanks

Admit it, you have that link memorized, don't you?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Quote by Stillhouse
Admit it, you have that link memorized, don't you?

though I had not posted it for a while....

this pic explaines more than 100 posts of people who don't know much about current Epis
what do yous think of 'Alnico Classic PRO Pickups' on the tribute plus? im seeing one that goes for 520 usd but think the pickups are a downgrade..
Quote by Zydrate
That's the thing.. I can't get try them because I live in a deserted location ._.. Do you know any method to get a better one? like will refurbished have a good chance of being well built since they had to be fixed

are you in the u.s.? if so, our big box stores (guitarcenter.com musiciansfriend.com americanmusical.com - my fave as they take payments) as well as stores like sweetwater.com will let you exchange any instrument with issues and they pay the shipping.

if you're elsewhere, hopefully someone else here can help you.

btw, i haven't found the refurbs i've had to be any better than new.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
In a similar price range, Electra offers the Omega. Excellent LPclone. You might also want to look at LPclones from brands like Tokai, Bacchus, Edwards, Fernandes/Burny, etc.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Zydrate
Do you know any method to get a better one? like will refurbished have a good chance of being well built since they had to be fixed

I don't think there's any guarantee available for getting a "better" one unless you have someone who can select one from a stack for you. The chief benefit to a refurb is that it's likely to be cheaper, however, and probably at least as good as a new one.
I have seen several Epi Tributes on YouTube that have their Gibson 57 Classic pickups removed and downgraded to some kind of Alnico pickup. The sellers are selling the Gibson 57 Classic pups separately. As far as I know all Epi Tribute Plus modals come with the Gibson 57 Classic pups. Beware these sellers.
Quote by Rickholly74
I have seen several Epi Tributes on YouTube that have their Gibson 57 Classic pickups removed and downgraded to some kind of Alnico pickup. The sellers are selling the Gibson 57 Classic pups separately. As far as I know all Epi Tribute Plus modals come with the Gibson 57 Classic pups. Beware these sellers.

I just want to know what 4-wire Alnico Classic PROs are like and if they're worth getting for 700$ guitar including 120 shipping or not, the 580$ guitar is the les paul tribute plus without the humbuckers and a couple of little scratches.
That's ok just as long as you know what you are getting. In the cases I've seen they don't mention what brand pickups they are installing in place of the Gibson 57 Classics so they could be something great or a $20 Chinese set of pickups from from Aliexpress. The guitars are excellent. You can get a "restock" from Musicians Friend for $499 with free shipping and 30 day no questions asked return. That's with the Gibson pickups.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 31, 2015,