Wanted to see what some people are doing to make their drum tracks. Specifically, what are you using when you have pre-recorded guitar and bass. I have Logic Pro X and I am having a hell of a time trying to use the drummer to match or create drums for my song. I also own Ezdrummer but I think these programs are better used for making songs then for using it with a pre recorded one.
Ez should work fine as a VST, I don't see how it wouldn't work with a pre-recorded song.

I personally use hydrogen when I'm lazy and this random VST called drummica when I want something better. I'd use drumgizmo but it freezes my DAW 90% of the time for some reason.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you doing but everything should start with the drum track even if it's just a straight pattern from beginning to end to use as a bed for recording then going back and syncing up a new drum track later. It sounds like you are trying to create a drum track after recording other instruments. If that's the case it's very difficult to do even with good click track.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 26, 2015,
You can always write your drums in midi to fit the song in question then play it using whatever Drum VSTi. That's what I do, since I have the same problem. I mainly use EZ Drummer. If you're not used to writing drums in midi, then it is a good time to learn. Or download a guitar pro file with drums/midi drums of a song you think drums will fit into your song and use that. Good for learning how to write the drums you want.

EDIT: assuming you recorded guitars and bass with a click.
Last edited by Lersch at Oct 26, 2015,
Quote by Lersch
You can always write your drums in midi to fit the song in question then play it using whatever Drum VSTi. That's what I do, since I have the same problem. I mainly use EZ Drummer. If you're not used to writing drums in midi, then it is a good time to learn. Or download a guitar pro file with drums/midi drums of a song you think drums will fit into your song and use that. Good for learning how to write the drums you want.

EDIT: assuming you recorded guitars and bass with a click.

+1
I use superior drummer. When I record I start by designing the drum track and then I record my guitars and bass
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Thx guy's. I think midi might be the best for pre recorded stuff, and using Ez Drummer for writing a song. I looked into Guitar Pro after some research it looks like a lot of people are upset because they over complicated creating drum parts when the previous versions were easier.
Last edited by bgod at Oct 27, 2015,
Been using BFD3, its pretty easy to use and there's a good deal of versatility (just can't figure out if it can do cymbal chokes!) but it runs and sounds pretty good. Biggest problem is its limited stock library, but they give you enough to build a few kits with a homogeneous enough sound for it to sound somewhat realistic.
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
For the most part EZDrummer but I have a drum machine and Battery and Ocean Way drums. As long as you record your guitar tracks to tempo you should be fine putting in drums later but there's always a bit of disconnect so I find it better when you play to the drums after, i.e. re-record your guitar parts.