I would really like some more info on this guitar recently given to me by a friend. The picture quality isnt very well but you can see its a strat style harmony with a golden bridge, hole for tremolo, and golden tuning pegs as well. Its all black with black pick gaurd and maple neck.
Please tell me anything you might know about this guitar or what the name of the model is?!
even maybe where i could find the serials if no one on here seems to be able to tell me much about it.

Thanks!
Looks very similar to my first electric guitar, Starfire (Made in Taiwan)
What does the headstroke read? this name can be a clue... also couldn't you find any "made in ..." tag anywhere on the guitar?

Another simple question, have you asked your friend from where he got it?
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
They found it at a foreclosed house. Headstock reads "harmony est 1892". I at least know the brand is a harmony just not much else about it sounds pretty good tho
I posted a thread directly below this called "need info on this harmony guitar vintage". It has links to lots of pictures of it maybe that will help you out thanks man! Ive played lots of guitars but this one def appears to be vintage. The gold bridge and tuning pegs make it look real nice. Especially for a harmony which are typically known to be entry level guitars. But this one seems to play, feel and sound better than your typical entry level guitar
From the pictures you'l see there are no markings, serials, or made in destination. Even after removing the pick gaurd I saw no markings of any kind. This is why I'm so curious about it
Look to the bright side ... It plays well and you like its sound .. My starfire was a crabby one
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Looks to be the same as my strat copy. "Harmony" in name only. Mine started out as a tobacco sunburst with white guard and chrome hardware.
If I remember correctly, they were sold by Sears/Roebuck in the early 80's (the same Sears that used to be in the malls in America). Catalog guitars, sold by mail order. Less than $100 when they were new.
Much like yours, mine plays and sounds great. I will never get rid of it.

EDIT: Is there a strap button at the base of the neck? Or a hole for one? Not on the body, on the neck.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Last edited by ryanbwags at Oct 26, 2015,
Quote by 72skylark350
I posted a thread directly below this called "need info on this harmony guitar vintage". It has links to lots of pictures of it maybe that will help you out thanks man! Ive played lots of guitars but this one def appears to be vintage. The gold bridge and tuning pegs make it look real nice. Especially for a harmony which are typically known to be entry level guitars. But this one seems to play, feel and sound better than your typical entry level guitar

you mean the thread the mods closed because the pix link to gmail's login?

go here:

http://harmony.demont.net/

and see what you can find out. it's pretty much the definitive harmony database today.
Last edited by ad_works at Oct 26, 2015,
Quote by ad_works
you mean the thread the mods closed because the pix link to gmail's login?

go here:

http://harmony.demont.net/

and see what you can find out. it's pretty much the definitive harmony database today.

That site won't help. I went all over it looking for info on mine a while back. It's not a Harmony model from the 50's to the 70's. They didn't make the strat until the late 70's.
Google H80T.
That's most likely what we have.
Quote by ryanbwags
That site won't help. I went all over it looking for info on mine a while back. It's not a Harmony model from the 50's to the 70's. They didn't make the strat until the late 70's.
Google H80T.
That's most likely what we have.

you are probably right.
It's a Harmony copy of a Fender Stratocaster. Not sure why you need more info than that... unless you're trying to sell it? Even if it's vintage it's not going to be worth a ton of money if that's what you're thinking. $100 - $150, maybe $200 tops. But if it sounds good then who cares, just keep it and play the heck out of it
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Quote by 57Goldtop
It's a Harmony copy of a Fender Stratocaster. Not sure why you need more info than that... unless you're trying to sell it? Even if it's vintage it's not going to be worth a ton of money if that's what you're thinking. $100 - $150, maybe $200 tops. But if it sounds good then who cares, just keep it and play the heck out of it

Because sometimes it's fun to know the history of a found guitar if you can.
Quote by ryanbwags
Because sometimes it's fun to know the history of a found guitar if you can.

I get that, I've been there before too. But companies like Harmony, Cortez/Cort, Greco, etc. were cranking out copies of guitars for years. There are a lot floating around out there but it's not always easy to get information on a specific model.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
80s ish Harmony Strat copy with no pedigree. Market value maybe $100 but may be worth more to a player.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Oct 30, 2015,
Quote by Cajundaddy
80s ish Harmony Strat copy with no pedigree. Market value maybe $100 but may be worth more o a player.

more like $50-75. this is an asian made guitar from the 80s. the Harmony name was purchased and used but it's not an actual harmony guitar per se. low budget beginner guitar and nothing more
Quote by monwobobbo
more like $50-75. this is an asian made guitar from the 80s. the Harmony name was purchased and used but it's not an actual harmony guitar per se. low budget beginner guitar and nothing more

Yeah, they're definitely not worth trying to sell. I modded the hell out of mine and I really like it. 3 paint jobs and several electronics swaps over the 15+ years I've had it. Learned a ton about guitars in the process.