What do you folks think about this? Could apply to many different kinds of situations, so feel free to posit whatever context comes to mind for you.

Examples:

A is very jealous of B but does not want it to show. B bullies A.

A knows that B did something they were not supposed to. B starts rumor about A.

A is self-conscious about x but does not want people to know. A thinks B is critical of A and x. A criticizes B for x.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Is this some kinda algebra problem
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
wtf is this?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
the first thing i thought of is getting searched by cops. most people are too scared to tell them to sod off if they've done nothing wrong so just submit to it. a good amount of the time i've got nothing to hide (or rather i know they wouldn't find anything) but that's not the point. If i haven't done anything wrong, and they ask to search me or my car, the answer is no every time. Followed by "am i under arrest or being detained? No? Good day sirs i'll be on my way then"

it's not about the search it's about the principle, im not about to waste my time and watch cops make a fukn mess of my shit just because they think i fit the profile of someone who may or may not have something illegal
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Not true. Sometimes you have nothing to hide but the accusation is hurtful, as someone is saying that your character or morals are capable of doing something bad.

One of my ex-friends got really angry at me once because I was also friends with his ex. I was pretty angry because I respected them both, especially him to the extent that I'd never sleep with his ex, but my character being put into question as the kinda guy who'd sleep with a close friends ex is what annoyed me.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I disagree. Reacting in anger is just as likely when one is wrongfully accused, maligned or threatened.

I think that positing any specific reaction as a "given" in a situation is likely wrong, since humans aren't perfectly homogeneous in thought or action. We can perhaps make a generalization based on data of what the most common reaction is, but can't say with certainty that WILL be the reaction, regardless of the situation.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Any universally implied rule or principle which does not effectively apply universally should only be used as a thought experiment to show how it does not work as intended

(ooh, a paradox)
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Any universally implied rule or principle which does not effectively apply universally should only be used as a thought experiment to show how it does not work as intended

(ooh, a paradox)

A most ingenious paradox?
Quote by Arby911
I disagree. Reacting in anger is just as likely when one is wrongfully accused, maligned or threatened.

I think that positing any specific reaction as a "given" in a situation is likely wrong, since humans aren't perfectly homogeneous in thought or action. We can perhaps make a generalization based on data of what the most common reaction is, but can't say with certainty that WILL be the reaction, regardless of the situation.

obviously but the human brain works in patterns and people anticipate given reactions for a whole slew of things. we often do not realize what we take for granted, so I thought this would foster a healthy discussion about anger, something we all face
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i disagree with the premise but like the formal logical format so you get a check but not a check + (why is there no check symbol on our keyboards)

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
i disagree with the premise but like the formal logical format so you get a check but not a check + (why is there no check symbol on our keyboards)

psh whatever dude I aced my Modern Logic classes
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

>This bitch, represented by b, took my soda, x, from me, meladoodle, m
B:...belongs to---
T:...took---
Ex[Bxm & Tbx]

>I got mad at bitch friend
M:...got mad at---
>Mmb

>Therefore, it is not the case that anger is universally the result of a having something to hide
N: anger
H: has something to hide
P: ...possesses---
~Ax[Nx --> (Ey[Hy & Pyx])]

The E's should be backwards and the A's inverted but i can't be fcked to google that shit yo

i didn't retain constant abbreviations throughout the argument but this is a joke and i already took too long with it shut the hell up about it being invalid

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Oct 26, 2015,
idk A hates themselves, B starts rumour about C. A hears the rumour, hates themselves even more because they think rumour is about them. B tries to explain rumour is about C, damage is already done, A thinks why would you spread that about C, feels sorry for C, takes on C's burden as well as their own. Story of A's life.
Quote by vintage x metal
obviously but the human brain works in patterns and people anticipate given reactions for a whole slew of things. we often do not realize what we take for granted, so I thought this would foster a healthy discussion about anger, something we all face

And we get suspicious when people do not react in the fashion we've been conditioned to think they should.

Anger, like fear, love or etc. doesn't have an inherent value, that's only decided by the actions we take in response.
Charles Darwin
Sometimes you may get defensive because the person you are talking to has already made their decision about the veracity of your statement(s) and you know that it will be a long haul trying to convince that person (if you can) that you are not lying.

I guess it could be a defensive reaction to the prejudging.
Quote by Arby911

agree. my wife gets caught up in this kind of thinking all the time. i have to hear this all the time, "oh you're mad cuz you're lying". no mad cuz for the umpteenth time i've been accused of something i didn't do with no actual proof that i did anything. yeah i get pissed. this seems to be more of a woman's logic thing if you ask me. i can't really remember the last time a guy said anything like that to me.

anger is a reaction triggered by many things so again it's tough to talk about in a general kind of way. much of it is personal and doesn't apply to others in more than a superficial way.
Quote by DardySon
idk A hates themselves, B starts rumour about C. A hears the rumour, hates themselves even more because they think rumour is about them. B tries to explain rumour is about C, damage is already done, A thinks why would you spread that about C, feels sorry for C, takes on C's burden as well as their own. Story of A's life.

sounds like A needs a hug and maybe a change of scenery
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by monwobobbo
agree. my wife gets caught up in this kind of thinking all the time. i have to hear this all the time, "oh you're mad cuz you're lying". no mad cuz for the umpteenth time i've been accused of something i didn't do with no actual proof that i did anything. yeah i get pissed. this seems to be more of a woman's logic thing if you ask me. i can't really remember the last time a guy said anything like that to me.

anger is a reaction triggered by many things so again it's tough to talk about in a general kind of way. much of it is personal and doesn't apply to others in more than a superficial way.

I also experienced this a lot in my previous relationship. She had trust issues with everyone but even knowing that I couldn't keep my cool all the time when the accusations started.

But yeah reacting in anger to things is entirely dependant on the person and the situation. I tend to keep my anger bottled up for years and then let it all out in one burst of rage. Last one wqs about 3 years ago, i dont think ive even raised my voice to someone since then, except maybe some minor family arguments. People who have seen me do this are always shocked because I'm always nice and chill to everyone, until I explode
Not true. Most of the time I sprint away.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I'm always angry these days cuz life is terrible

I'm like that sad Hulk that murders everyone I think his name is krud or something else stupid
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33653938
I'm always angry these days cuz life is terrible

I'm like that sad Hulk that murders everyone I think his name is krud or something else stupid

What're you hiding?

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by UltimateGuizar
A stole my car. I'm gonna stomp on his fucking head in anger but not because I'm hiding something. I want my car and my spice girls cd back.

Nah, fuck him in the A-hole...
Charles Darwin
Sometimes when people have something to hide they make a treasure map
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Oct 26, 2015,
Folks get angry for lots of reasons. "Hiding something" is simply one of many. I was driving on the freeway today and a guy swerved nearly hitting my truck and taking us both out. Probably texting. That made me angry with no hidden agenda.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Whats wrong with having something to hide?
I don't lead exactly a "normal" life and people often like to ridicule about it, so of course I prefer not to share some things with strangers.

Although I don't react in anger, I just try to steer the convo away
Last edited by -Mantra- at Oct 26, 2015,
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33653955
Dead bodies of Japanese idols in my basement

That's fine, they're not the ones I care about.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
>This bitch, represented by b, took my soda, x, from me, meladoodle, m
B:...belongs to---
T:...took---
Ex[Bxm & Tbx]

>I got mad at bitch friend
M:...got mad at---
>Mmb

>Therefore, it is not the case that anger is universally the result of a having something to hide
N: anger
H: has something to hide
P: ...possesses---
~Ax[Nx --> (Ey[Hy & Pyx])]

The E's should be backwards and the A's inverted but i can't be fcked to google that shit yo

i didn't retain constant abbreviations throughout the argument but this is a joke and i already took too long with it shut the hell up about it being invalid

∀ - U+2200
∃ - U+2203

Learn your unicode bro
EUgh that sounds like work

But also I've never had to type out quantifiable logic (or any for that matter, everything I do is written out)

What I really need to learn unicode for is this tho¯\_(ツ_/¯

Quote by -Mantra-
Whats wrong with having something to hide?
I don't lead exactly a "normal" life and people often like to ridicule about it, so of course I prefer not to share some things with strangers.

Although I don't react in anger, I just try to steer the convo away

nothing wrong with it at all; I am the same way
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Arby911