So im just getting into listening to acoustic blues and falling in love. I am trying to study it so i can start to play it and was wondering if you guys could hook me up with some videos of all kinds of blues (specifically played on acoustic guitar) Thanks! A video link and your thoughts on the playing would be awesome!
Head over to You Tube and check out Stefan Grossman's "Guitar Workshop" channel. You'll find dozens of instructional vids for all kinds of acoustic blues and early-jazz playing.

Good players include Grossman, David Bromberg (he usually has at least a couple of tunes on each album... His version of Statesboro Blues is stellar.
Dave Alvin has done a lot of good acoustic blues work as well.
Yeah i suppose its a broad topic but what i was getting at is i wanted people to post there favorite blues artists and some of there acoustic playing and talk about it a bit so i can understand what makes it special to you!
i'm into really old, scrappy, early delta stuff myself. there's some website, don't remember the name, it's like the national archive's website (for the usa) that has a lot of historical old recordings.
That'd be the Library Of Congress. Quite a large collection of all manner of stuff..including all those old "field" recordings by Alan Lomax.
Quote by Bikewer
That'd be the Library Of Congress. Quite a large collection of all manner of stuff..including all those old "field" recordings by Alan Lomax.

there you go.
Quote by ENISA
Yeah i suppose its a broad topic but what i was getting at is i wanted people to post there favorite blues artists and some of there acoustic playing and talk about it a bit so i can understand what makes it special to you!

Here is one of my favorite youtube blues videos. I haven't posted anything yet myself (shy), but I'm planning on it when my skills improve. Hope you like it, I think this dude is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIEhH7xOXg
For delta blues you gotta go to my man Son House, but he also sings and I'm not sure if youre looking for that
Try "On Doing An Evil Deed Blues" or "Brendas Blues" by John Fahey
Quote by TobusRex
Here is one of my favorite youtube blues videos. I haven't posted anything yet myself (shy), but I'm planning on it when my skills improve. Hope you like it, I think this dude is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIEhH7xOXg

Interesting, I was also impressed by that one. I'm wondering if I got it from you, or you got it from me. I posted it somewhere under something like "all in the fingers".

I still think that Seasick Steve is hard to beat for CBG slide though.
Seasick Steve? Doesn't ring a bell Tony.

Regarding the guy in the video I found it while surfing cigar box guitar stuff. I think the guy pretty much nails the spirit of the tune.

I highly recommend Scott Biram's version of "Can't be Satisfied" as well. Really nasty, nasty, awesome slide work, and his vocals are fantastic. If you haven't heard Scott I recommend, also, "Judgement Day". More of a hard driving rock and roll beat. The guy does it all.
Didn't mention it before, but the action on that broomstick (Seasick Steve) looks to be at least an inch, hehe.

Nice hoppin' piece by Roy Rogers. Never heard of that guy either.
Last edited by TobusRex at Jan 19, 2016,