Guys think the dimebag set are versatile or just for certain kind music. Or u guys have better option for jazz. Metal and hard rock playing pick ups. Looking for a humbuckers set just bridge and neck
Quote by policevsfire
Guys think the dimebag set are versatile or just for certain kind music. Or u guys have better option for jazz. Metal and hard rock playing pick ups. Looking for a humbuckers set just bridge and neck

the dimebuckers are terrible pickups IMO. that may be an understatement.

i like the '59 though.

however, you gave us way to little information to help you.

what guitar? amp? pedals? specific bands? favorite tones, budget, etc.

all of that is needed to make a good recommendation for you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The 59 is a great pickup for a whole lot of things. No clue about the Dimebucker.
The SD 59 is my favorite Seymour Duncan pickup, bar none.

I don't know jack about Dimebuckers.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Dimebuckers suck the 59 is good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
What kind of guitar? The Dimebuckers are great pickups for one kind of music. For versatility, I'd go with either a '59 set, or a Jazz/59Custom set.
Versatily is equal to JB/'59 JB/Jazz combo. Dimebuckers are too loudy,they are only for metal.
I don't think the Dimebuckers are going to make you happy.

There are a whole LOT of versatile pickups out there, including the SD's you're looking at.
agree that that isn't likely to be a good combo. you'd have a bridge that could really only do metal well and a neck that wouldn't really do metal all that well. they won't combine to be very versatile. there'd be a pretty significant volume difference when switching pups as well.

if you need something that is more of a jack of all trades then i'd go with more medium output pickups (in the bridge for sure) and let the amp and perhaps an overdrive do the more heavy lifting.
Aside from "good/terrible" comments, as far as I know the Dimebucker has ultra high output and is pretty trebly, it's unlikely to be versatile.

The JB/Jazz set is very classic and definitely versatile, getting great results even for pretty damn heavy stuff with them, and the JB stays quite clear even with a ton of distortion. The Pegasus apparently also has a similar "medium high" output and is intended to be very versatile, might be worth a look.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.