So, I've recently heard a song that's admittedly more of a bagpipe/battle-cry song, but I'd kill to know some chords that would work under it to just sing it as a acoustic song. Here's the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFi7bWkyRpA. Admittedly, I'm not the most accomplished of ear guitarist or else I might could tell the key from the notes of the bagpipe and figure out chords from there. I've tried playing around "brute-force" style and just trying chords at random to see if any seem to fit but alas I've been unsuccessful. I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who might could come up with a chord pattern to work. I appreciate the time taken in advance.
See if this works.. I kept a pretty good beat and cadence with the following chords throughout..
Bb Eb Bb Bb Ab Bb where the Bb chord is mainly played and the Eb and the Ab that are played in between the Bb chords are for only a minor duration.....
So something like this:

Bb Bb Bb Bb Bb Eb Eb Bb ........ Bb Bb Bb Bb Bb Ab Ab Bb ........

It worked nicely for me... Try it and see how it sounds to you.
Or maybe put a capo on the first fret and play

instead of Bb do A
instead of Eb do D
instead of Ab do G

I hate doing Eb can,t get it up by the nut area, but a barred Eb is not bad but its still a pain.
Yeah that is what I do...I use a barred Eb...but your way with the capo would be easier... Thanks for pointing that out... I just love barre chords...lol