Have some money to burn and I want to spend it on Guitar stuff of course! The only thing I can think that I need(well not really, but ; )is some new pedals, because we all know pedals are like potato chips you can't have just one. So I guess I need or want something from the Overdrive Spectrum and something from the Distortion Spectrum. No metal pedals. I do metal but not much and I got a couple good pedals there. So whats a good starting place? I have $300 to burn on 2 to 3 pedals.
What amp are you playing through?

I love me some overdrives and am not a fan of distortion pedals.

I just picked up a Wattson FY6 (fuzz) and an EP booster. Both are great
For OD, I really like my soul food and SD-1, they do the trick.

You might look at the EQD Palisades it has a lot of options.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
What kind of tone are you trying to attain with the distortion pedal? What are you expecting to get out of it?

In regards to overdrive pedals, there are so many Tubescreamer clones out there that you need to be specific as to what kind of features you want your Tubescreamer clone to have.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Wander over to Wampler Pedals (dot com) and listen to some of the vids and sound clips they have there. Brian is putting out some really good stuff.
What I have now
Soul Food
Saucy Box
Hardwire SC-2
Bad Monkey
Big Muff
TS 9
MXR CB 78 Distortion
OCD
Rat
Plimsoul
Blues Driver
Crunch Box
EHX Glove
Agree with dspellman. Wampler is doing some pretty cool things. I also am a fan of Earthquaker Devices, not only because they are from Ohio, but because their pedals offer up some unique sounds.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
TrueTone Jekyll & Hyde III OD/Dist (the previous 2 were made under the "Visual Sound" company name):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwiMBNsLtLA&sns=em

TrueTone VS-XO dual OD (the previous version was the "Visual Sound Double Trouble):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfC0drkpxac&sns=em

Red Witch Famulus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRS0DfE5GQQ&sns=em
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Rockbly
What I have now
Soul Food
Saucy Box
Hardwire SC-2
Bad Monkey
Big Muff
TS 9
MXR CB 78 Distortion
OCD
Rat
Plimsoul
Blues Driver
Crunch Box
EHX Glove

geez with all those if you can't get what you want then perhaps a pedal isn't what you need. what exactly are you after? i'll be the first in with maybe a different amp would be the ticket.
Quote by monwobobbo
geez with all those if you can't get what you want then perhaps a pedal isn't what you need. what exactly are you after? i'll be the first in with maybe a different amp would be the ticket.

It's not about that it is just a new flavor.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Get a Bad Cat Unleash and re-amplify that amp up to 30 or so watts. Then a distortion or overdrive pedal may not even be necessary.
Last edited by Gibson_LesPaul_ at Oct 28, 2015,
Timmy
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by monwobobbo

that's what i was thinking (granted i'm just as guilty as he is of having tons of pedals). he has most of the bases covered there i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Keeley has a few ODs.

Greer Ghetto Stomp sounds like something I don't have sound wise, a pushed tweed tone. This might be the one!
Timmy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's what i was thinking (granted i'm just as guilty as he is of having tons of pedals). he has most of the bases covered there i think.

although i sold off a bunch of pedals a little while back i still have 3 different overdrives, 1 distortion and 2 Fuzzs so i'm no better . yeah i looked at the list and felt the same way.
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Malekko unity
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/