Does anyone know if it's possible to turn ordinary speakers in to Bluetooth/Wireless ones? (Including the subwoofer the speakers are attached to)?

Because I've seen the price of them, and they're pretty expensive, the good ones.

And I have a perfectly good pair of Creative speakers.

Problem is, I'm getting fed up of the wires. The speakers and sub have to be close to the computer, in an awkward place, and over time, the wire gets tangled up, and breaks, and I always have to get it resoldered. There's like half of it left.

So, does anyone know if there's a way to convert them to bluetooth speakers?

So I can maybe keep them far, safe, and awesome?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
(Invalid img)
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Probably not possible. Judging by the QuickStart guide, there's at least one non standard, possibly proprietary connection. To go fully Bluetooth, you would need three transmitter/receivers to go fully Bluetooth. Which means six mains points needed. And for the cost of transmitters/receivers, there just isn't the point.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^Issue is that the computer output goes to one speaker, then the signal from that speaker goes to the sub, and the final speaker's signal goes from the sub to the final speaker.

Doesn't matter. Plug in the jack that normally plugs into the computer into the adapter and call it a day. The speaker set doesn't care where the audio signal comes from.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
it' snot about where the signal comes from. It's about the particular setup of his equipment. Your suggestion doesn't help his cable problem at all, because it only replaces one set of cable out of three. And I'd hazard a guess that the cable that's replaced is probably the least problematic.

Plus that box is a receiver only. We don't know if his computer has Bluetooth onboard. If it doesn't, the receiver is useless.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Oct 27, 2015,
There's only one wire coming from his computer, he only needs to connect one wire to the adapter. If he does that he can set the speakers wherever he wants and never move them. If they never move, it's unlikely that the wiring will fail. He doesn't have to connect each speaker to a separate bluetooth device, that's just silly. I think you're overthinking this?

And yes, this is predicated on him having bluetooth, but given that he asked for a solution to make a set of speakers bluetooth ready, I don't think that's really the problem, do you?
Charles Darwin
I'm not overthinking it. You're missing at least part of the problem. One cable goes from computer to one speaker. Fine. Easy.

Then there's the cable from speaker to sub, then sub to other speaker. One connection looks proprietary, rather than standard jack or RCA. He wants to make all of the speakers wireless. Signal goes computer->speaker->sub->other speaker. That requires three transmitters/receivers. He's stated that he's had to resolder the cables because of tangling and breakage.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Oct 27, 2015,
Right, the computer does have Bluetooth on board.

The only cable that gives me grief is the one that goes atached to the computers input jack.

The other ones are kind of fine.

If this, as I have understood it, works in a way that permits me to set the seakers up, say, on the other side of the room, out of the way, without anything being plugged in to the computer all the time and moved, etc, and still work, that would do me fine.

Are we sure it would work?
Quote by Krieger91
Right, the computer does have Bluetooth on board.

The only cable that gives me grief is the one that goes atached to the computers input jack.

The other ones are kind of fine.

If this, as I have understood it, works in a way that permits me to set the seakers up, say, on the other side of the room, out of the way, without anything being plugged in to the computer all the time and moved, etc, and still work, that would do me fine.

Are we sure it would work?

Yes. That's exactly what it's designed to do.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That would work with the linked box. Would've been great if you wrote all that in your first post, would have saved the above. Unless you ideally did want to make everything wireless and are now just settling for what is possible.

Ok, I've re-read the first post, and can see how it was confusing. Sorry for nearly causing an argument

When I said that everything is near the computer, it's because the wire that's plugged in to it doesn't really allow me to place it anywhere else. So it just ends up in the way.

If I could move it somewhere that isn't awkward, that would be fine.

The jack that gets plugged in to the pc is the one that keeps on getting tangled and breaking. Say, when I bring the PC on to my lap or something.

So yeah, that would be perfect.

Thanks!
What's something relatively easy to create to start getting in to DIY? I've very little experience
The Logitech product could work, but you could also take the guts out of a cheap soda can-sized Bluetooth speaker and use that to send signal to your speakers instead.
Quote by Owenlee55
What's something relatively easy to create to start getting in to DIY? I've very little experience

pick axe. then u can mine ores and start smelting them and making metal bars, with which u can create anything