- go to war

but these days....

BRB over saturated job market for many uni degrees
brb no clear sense of purpose
brb feminism
brb 80/20 rule
brb why am i even here?
brb why raise a family when sloots gon sloot and divorce
brb talk to guys and they seem to be just drifting through life with no real direction/purpose

just feel like young men (like me) are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. No purpose.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

what's the 80/20 rule???

I don't think life was ever that easy for most people. I feel like there are a lot of whiny bitches who just can't deal today...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
80/20 rule?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Xiaoxi
what's the 80/20 rule???

I don't think life was ever that easy for most people. I feel like there are a lot of whiny bitches who just can't deal today...

we can't all be asian and good at something to a ridiculous point though.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
The expectations of every generation is gradually increasing while the pay off for hard work seems to become less and less due to saturation of more and more people having higher education

If you choose to bust your ass all day everyday then you have a chance of getting some recognition and a pat on the back but will most likely end up with little friends simply because you don't have time to socialize

If you feel as though the ends are not justified by the means then you are branded as a loser

You are either going to be a (possibly) successful guy with 0 social life due to the work required to make something of yourself or failure at life. Couple that with the opposite sex being completely in control as to whether or not you get laid, you end up with some pretty miserable younger guys

Just my opinion
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by Pastafarian96
we can't all be asian and good at something to a ridiculous point though.

I'm not very good at anything tho...

The key is, like Nike and Shia says...just DO IT!

I've been watching Bob Ross ( ) and he says don't wait and plan out every little thing before you paint. Just put the paint on the canvas and follow your heart. So true :')

Interesting this thread was made when I just read this earlier today:

http://www.businessinsider.com/misconceptions-about-20-somethings-2015-10

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Momentosis
80/20 rule?

just for lol's

The 80-20 rule actually comes from the Pareto Principle, it was developed because Pareto saw how 80 percent of the land in Italy at the time was ruled by 20 percent of the population. Later on the rule developed to the point it could be applied to anything from economics to dating.

kinda broscience like 80% of women attracted to 20% of males.

disregard this idea, and focus on the rest of what i wrote pls
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I totally agree. I can't seem to give a shit about society's values, and can't find my own purpose either.

I guess we just have a lot more time to think about stuff instead of following simple rules and doing whathever they tell us is the right thing, so our minds are less alienated and a lot more confused.
Quote by k.lainad
Anyone else find this?

back in the day life was so simple men had a sense of purpose

- grow up
- acquire education
- get a job

These are all my priorities right now, fuck all that sappy shit lol.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by k.lainad

The 80-20 rule actually comes from the Pareto Principle

oh!

Vsauce covered this recently :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCn8zs912OE

starts 4:13

I wonder if that's where you got it from, smh

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by gazzoo
I totally agree. I can't seem to give a shit about society's values, and can't find my own purpose either.

I guess we just have a lot more time to think about stuff instead of following simple rules and doing whathever they tell us is the right thing, so our minds are less alienated and a lot more confused.

good lord, an Nov 01'er
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Eastwinn
feminism makes men unhappy

spot on

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

this is why I'm a men's rights activist
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Men have always had problems, but only recently has it become socially acceptable to talk about them.

Would you be happier with less choice? Would you prefer major decisions being made for you?
Last edited by sashki at Oct 27, 2015,
Quote by Pastafarian96
good lord, an Nov 01'er

I only post here like once a year and I get that every single time.

Must be my Pit superpower or something.
Quote by sashki
Men have always had problems, but only recently has it become socially acceptable to talk about them.

Would you be happier with less choice? Would you prefer major decisions being made for you?

i don't know what's worse.

the fact that you missed the point i was making.

or the fact that you think it's okay that we, young men, have nothing to strive for and should blindly shut our mouths, follow the herd, and think "well, this is what my father did, so im happy"

fuk dat chit man
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad

or the fact that you think it's okay that we, young men, have nothing to strive for and should blindly shut our mouths, follow the herd, and think "well, this is what my father did, so im happy"

fuk dat chit man

well i mean feminism typically strives to dismantle the gender roles that keep men locked into such a restrictive gender role

but whatev

the whole 'things were easier back then' argument is bullshit because you're looking back on it from an outside perspective
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by k.lainad

I didn't say that.
I'm saying that young men's problems are not unique to our generation.
Do you know why because so many young people feel left out because there are 7 billion phaggots in this planet who are designed to keep you down. I hate Human beings what parasites we all are, no one wants to see you succeed in life the world tell you ain't **** and listen to your stupid schools telling you your mediocre when in reality your the ****ing best. You listen to you stupid parents to tell you be a good bitch and follow society like every single worthless insect in this planet i.e Get born- go to school- get job/UNI- relationship-married-kids-retire then die. The problem is with us we don't thoroughly think through what we want to do in life and instead go through the motions like every parasite in this planet. We suck seriously the human race aint ***
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I really need some safety gear for all this edge
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by k.lainad at #33655844
Do you know why because so many young people feel left out because there are 7 billion phaggots in this planet who are designed to keep you down. I hate Human beings what parasites we all are, no one wants to see you succeed in life the world tell you ain't **** and listen to your stupid schools telling you your mediocre when in reality your the ****ing best. You listen to you stupid parents to tell you be a good bitch and follow society like every single worthless insect in this planet i.e Get born- go to school- get job/UNI- relationship-married-kids-retire then die. The problem is with us we don't thoroughly think through what we want to do in life and instead go through the motions like every parasite in this planet. We suck seriously the human race aint ***

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by k.lainad

what's with all the asterisks?

only words that are still censored are kitchen and retard
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i wish i was a speck of dust on mars

srs
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33655850

only words that are still censored are kitchen and retard

that's retarded

EDIT: Stupid UG extension auto correcting swears
This is a common theme among twentysomething males these days. A few things to ponder:

Unhappiness is simply perception of the difference between our expectations and reality. The more unrealistic our expectations, the greater our unhappiness. It is completely within our control and is barely affected by others or our circumstances. Once we fully accept "what is" and truly live in the moment we can find joy in nearly any circumstance. Zen

Idle hands are the devil's playground. Do something, anything, but get off the couch, put down the game boy and go out into the light. Backpack Europe, trek the Appalachian trail, surf the west coast, bike across the country, set out on an epic adventure and discover yourself along the way. These things are only really possible before you settle down somewhere so go now. It will be challenging, freezing, tiring, hunger inducing, physically taxing, but you will learn to trust yourself, depend on yourself, and your confidence will grow.

Confidence attracts.

Our perception is everything.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Oct 27, 2015,
try and make ~10k a year, share a one bedroom flat with someone you love, do things you want to

idk why life is difficult
there are higher suicide rates among men than women in pretty much every part of the world. this idea of the 'boys just need to man up and move out' is a part of that.

lol at 'grow up'. as if that means anything.
lol at acquire education when you then go on to mention oversaturated job market with endless uni degrees
lol at get a job like seriously, when in society have been people been like "oh man I'm turning six next month i'm so excited to start working in the coal mines i'm finally gonna have a job". every generation has had stress abotu work and it just so happens that the baby boom overspending excess generation created a lifestyle that caters more toward the existential frustrated 'lazy' millenial generation
lol at raise a family. i've met a lot more people who hope to have a good marriage and family, than those who are "i'm gonna live in loneliness and despair the rest of my life i can't wait"
lol at acquiring a home, because the notion that people prefer more economically viable, for personal and for real estate and for overpopulation and for the benefit of having a solid family around all the time so you don't have to pay for day care or your kids get to spend time with their grandparents
lol at go to war.

lol at me actually getting irritated over this but whatever such is life
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I kinda get what OP's saying. Not the 80/20 rule or whatever, but sometimes modern life just seems boring. The stakes aren't that high. You aren't fighting for your life or hunting meat for the tribe or anything. It's kinda just bleh.

I know actually living like a caveman or something would suck after about 5 minutes but it's something I think about sometimes. We evolved as animals and we don't live anything like animals anymore.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.
His fatal flaw is his inability to play a tapping lick, upside down, with his penis.
Quote by k.lainad

fuk dat chit man

That's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by k.lainad
. Couple that with the opposite sex being completely in control as to whether or not you get laid

as opposed to women, what, not being in control of who they fuck????
Quote by Eastwinn at #33655904
i mean we can probably avoid invoking our evolution

Why do I have nipples and no milk, and wtf's an appendix for. Shit is weird.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by k.lainad
Anyone else find this?

back in the day life was so simple men had a sense of purpose

- grow up
- acquire education (or not)
- get a job
- raise a family
- acquire a home (White picket fence)

or

- go to war

but these days....

BRB over saturated job market for many uni degrees
brb no clear sense of purpose
brb feminism
brb 80/20 rule
brb why am i even here?
brb why raise a family when sloots gon sloot and divorce
brb talk to guys and they seem to be just drifting through life with no real direction/purpose

just feel like young men (like me) are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. No purpose.

Dood, you hit the nail right on the head
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by k.lainad
Do you know why because so many young people feel left out because there are 7 billion phaggots in this planet who are designed to keep you down.

fuck yes m8
Quote by Victory2134
That's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

Thanks Tony!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 3