Page 1 of 2
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I'm only 23 and I've moved out from my parents so I'm sorted

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Nationally, nearly half of 25-year-olds lived with their parents in 2012-2013, up from just over a quarter in 1999. A recent article in The Regional Economist examined statistics and reviewed some of the literature on millennials moving back home.1

Economist Maria Canon and Regional Economist Charles Gascon noted that many factors have been suggested for why young adults return to or continue living at home, including significant student debt, weak job prospects and an uncertain housing market. The table below breaks down the percentage of 25-year-olds who were living at home for the period 2012-2013 in each state in the Federal Reserve’s Eighth District as well as in the country as a whole.2
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Guilty.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by k.lainad

who cares.

(i live at home still at age of 29. *boohoo*)

(actually don't care about others/society expectations of what stages you should be going through in life since those views are generally trash. I can afford to live out now okay, in a place in london that isn't a dump at least, though but I rather pay off all my debts before worrying about getting my own place)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm 23, it's pretty convenient while I go to school. Don't really care.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I feel it only really matters if you have your parents do everything for you (cooking/cleaning/etc)

at our home everyone takes care of themselves and we seem to have a good "system" now where everyone just tidies up and does various general house chores of their own initiative, and doesn't sit around whining about having done it afterwards to everyone like when we were kids.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm 23 and moved out so I win ha ha

inb4 I hit 25 and go into massive debt
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by theguitarist
I feel it only really matters if you have your parents do everything for you (cooking/cleaning/etc)

at home everyone takes care of themselves and we seem to have a good "system" now where everyone just tidies up and does various "house" chores of their own initiative, and doesn't sit around whining about having done it afterwards to everyone like when we were kids.

I think that as long as everyone contributes to the needs of the household it's not a problem. Neither of my older children live at home, but both would be welcome as long as they acted like contributing adults.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
"at home" is very curious phrasing there.

It's not your home unless you live with your parents and they pay the bills?
Quote by EyeNon15
"at home" is very curious phrasing there.

It's not your home unless you live with your parents and they pay the bills?

Yeah, it's an interesting and idiosyncratic use of the term, but it seems to work.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin

I was at home at 25. Finished university and couldn't find a good enough job to afford to live on my own.

I'm out now, and I certainly prefer it. That said, I see nothing wrong with living with your parents for a while. In some cultures it's perfectly normal.
I don't think people should be ashamed if they live with their parents after university in today's economy.

I am currently living at home for probably 2 months, cause my student accommodation ran out after graduation and didn't find something affordable to move into immediately.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Oct 28, 2015,
Yup guilty as charged. I'm 29 and with the rent prices around the area I'm living in, I'd probably have £100 per month left over for food, travel etc.
Laney GH50L w\ 4x12
Gibson SGJ (BKP Warpig/Mississippi Queen)
BCRich NJ Beast (EMG 81/85)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Whammy 4
Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Morley PWA
Line6 Tonecore Echo Park
TCE Hall Of Fame
Boss TU2/CS3
I moved out around when I was 21. My parents still cover a lot of my expenses, so I'm not too different. I get money from them for car stuff and rent. I pay for my school, internet, utilities, and all the living expenses. I live with two other people and we all split it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Adarchist
Yup guilty as charged. I'm 29 and with the rent prices around the area I'm living in, I'd probably have £100 per month left over for food, travel etc.

If you would even get a room if that's the case. Here they have all kind of fucked up "you need to earn at least ...." rules.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
My mom says in Mexico people stay with their parents until they are really old. My uncle stayed until he was 30 I think. She left when she was 20 though HMMM

I still live with them. I finally got an above minimum job so maybe I can move out... but that would eat at least half of my monthly income and tuition would get the other half and then I can't buy that jazzmaster and boutique pedal and then my band will never exist and I'll be stuck working night shift at a grocery store which BY THE WAY is what Mac Demarco used to do and look what happened when he decided to save up for a guitar so I think I'll keep living with them for a little while.
Quote by Neo Evil11
If you would even get a room if that's the case. Here they have all kind of fucked up "you need to earn at least ...." rules.

Yeah, a lot of places run some sort of credit/background check, and they often say that your income needs to exceed rent by a certain amount to even be considered as a tenant.
Quote by daytripper75
Yeah, a lot of places run some sort of credit/background check, and they often say that your income needs to exceed rent by a certain amount to even be considered as a tenant.

When I was earning 2.1k before taxes, 1.6 after, I couldn't even rent for 700 per month... everywhere it was like 660 max.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
19 and living at home. I have to pay digs from student loans whilst studying physics takes up too much of my life for a job. Go figure.

If I lived in Edinburgh where my university is I'd have literally nothing in terms of money so, eh.
Last edited by sasquatchjosh96 at Oct 28, 2015,
i'm almost 24 and live at home, tho that's more to do with my inability to properly function outside of my home so i can't drive or get a job or anything
i'm currently working on changing that tho
Quote by WCPhils
I'm 23, it's pretty convenient while I go to school. Don't really care.

Change this to 24 and this is me.

Except my parents and I disagree politically so I'd like to get out sooner rather than later
I moved abroad when I was 20, and that was obviously when I moved out. Wouldnt bother me if I had to move back in though (even though I never will). Who cares what other people think
Moved out at 18, 26 now, and despite the freedom you get... I really wish I'd lived at homs longer so I was at home still when I stopped wasting money on trivial crap I didn't need, and had savings to put towards owning a home instead of renting like my gf and I currently do.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by slipknot5678
I recently moved out and they hate me so let's see how this goes lol

yayyy good for you

same for me except they don't hate me
Quote by Shotgunmerc

Except my parents and I disagree politically so I'd like to get out sooner rather than later

I cant imagine how obnoxious about politics you'd have to be for political incompatibility to be the impetus behind moving out.
Quote by Arby911
I think that as long as everyone contributes to the needs of the household it's not a problem. Neither of my older children live at home, but both would be welcome as long as they acted like contributing adults.

yep.

I'm not working now, but when I do get a job, I aim to pay rent to my parents until I move out, and then I'll pay rent to my landlord. For now, I do a good chunk of the house chores and cleaning things, and I try to help out in other areas if/when I can.

and seriously it's awesome. I love seeing my nephews and my dog playing in the backyard, and I really like getting to spend more time with my parents now that I'm a bit more 'mature' than I was as a teenager.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Ichikurosaki at #33657192
most people of any age are living in their home though
exactly

dumb article title
ggg1 ggg3

My mom has never even asked about my pronouns I need to get outta here.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Rossenrot
I cant imagine how obnoxious about politics you'd have to be for political incompatibility to be the impetus behind moving out.

I think that's mostly heat of the moment speaking tbh

There's definitely other factors. I don't want to be here forever regardless of their/my views on anything. But I really really am starting to get annoyed with them.
Okay.

I'm 23 and I still live at home with my parents and I do lots of jobs for them, pay them rent etc. House prices and rent is just too expensive to move out yet.

The vast, vast majority of the people I know around my age still live with their parents. It's unusual to find people that age living on their own.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 28, 2015,
I live in the basement suite. I do the yard-work, garbage and recycling every week, load and empty the dishwasher, do my own laundry, pay half of the monthly bills, pay a maid to clean the house every two weeks, and work 5 days a week while attending college.

When I graduate, I'll have student loans to pay off, while trying to find a career in a recessive economy. I'll find a wife, who'll cheat on me using social media. I'll have kids, who will be bullied online, and use Wikipedia as a learning tool. I'll lose my job within the next 10 years, because some asshat in mexico or india will do my job for a quarter of the pay. I'll become an alcoholic, wondering why it's so dam hot in the summer, while watching everyone in my generation prep for world war 3, when fresh water becomes a luxury.

So yea, my biggest worry right now is society shaking its head at me because I live with my mother.
I'm 26 and live at home. It doesn't bother me. A lot of middle aged men in my neighborhood are still living here with their parents. My neighbor's daughter has her husband living with her and a baby. It's a culture thing.
I'm 20 and not really looking forward to moving on my own because being financially independent means not having the cushy privileged life I currently enjoy.

Also, apartments.
Free Ali
Free Lard
When I was 22 my dad gave me $5,000 in cash and said I had to move out.
I was like fuk yehhh 5,000 smackers!!!!! That seemed like millions at the time. I had less than 500 bucks in less than 3 months.

This really has nothing to do with the thread other than being a mildly amusing story
Quote by ErikLensherr at #33657402
My mom has never even asked about my pronouns I need to get outta here.

holy crap man your parents are shitlords
Page 1 of 2