So i decided im gonna get a 7 string. I was planing on an Ibanez RG7421, but after some thought i decided id rather save up for anothe rmonth and get a better one, since i dont really love the wizard necks and bolt on's. I also dont want a floyd rose, because i like to retune quite a bit. So after some searching i came up with this two options:

The Jackson SLATTXMG3-7 Soloist:
http://www.thomann.de/intl/jackson_slattxmg3_7_soloist_svb.htm

or the Schecter Stealth C-7:
http://www.thomann.de/intl/schecter_stealth_c_7_sb_2014.htm

Im honestly leaning more towards the jackson, becuase of the pickups and overall looks. But i hear only good things about Schecter on this forum, while oppinions on jacksons seem to be kinda divided. I also dont have the chance to actually try them out, since music stores in my country collectively hold around three 7 sting guitars. So im kinda flying blind here

Anyway, my budget is around 750-800€. I might be able to stretch to 900€, but i need a good reason for it. So if anyone knows any other appropriate guitars in this price range, all suggestions would be welcome. I dont want to invest over a grand into something that im not even sure i will like, because i honestly never played a 7 string before.

Thanks for all your help!
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Well I've played either of these but I do enjoy Jackson's Compound Radius Neck - it flattens out on the higher frets. The EMG pickups are also more of a known entity than the Schecter. I also think the string through body looks very cool.

So if I were to spend your money I'd want the Jackson. . .
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I believe the Jackson is made in Indonesia and the Schecter in South Korea.

My experience with TOMs and guitars without arm bevels was a negative one. Consider that, if comfort is an issue for you. I'm not sure if the Jackson does or doesn't have an arm bevel. The Schecter has a Hipshot copy that sits low on the body.

No experience with the Schecter pickups. EMG 707s are a hit/miss depending on the person and type of music.

They both appear to be 26.5 scale.

Kinda can't go wrong with either.

I just noticed these: http://www.thomann.de/intl/chapman_guitars_ml_7_t.htm?ref=prod_rel_291312_0

http://www.thomann.de/intl/chapman_guitars_ml_7_s.htm

B-stock: http://www.thomann.de/intl/chapman_guitars_ml_7_s_b_stock.htm

I think Chapman is a fucking cock, but this can be a good deal for you. South Korean, locking tuners, hipshot-style bridge, 26.5, passive pickups.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I'd get the Jackson as well, but I am biased. I love the necks on them and its better specced than the Schecter. I think if you get a good example, you'll be laughing.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Another vote for the Jackson. I agree that you can't go wrong with either, but you get a bit more guitar with the Jackson.
Seems like ill go with Jackson. I also noticed those Chapman's but i really dont like the look of them. I know that looks arent suposed to be important, but still, i dont want an ugly guitar. As far as the arm bevel thing goes, i have an ibanez SZ320 and an LTD EC-401, and they both have tom bridges, and none of them have arm bevels, and i cant say i mind a lot.
Quote by gorkyporky
I know that looks arent suposed to be important,

Says who?

A good-looking guitar entices you to play it more, resulting in you becoming a better guitar player. Aesthetics deserve to be taken seriously.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 29, 2015,
Yeah, but when you are on a budget looks are kinda the last on the list. Otherwise id get something with dark red quilted maple top and ebony fretboard
I think a guitar that looks great is equally as important regardless of its price.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well i look at it this way: if i have two or more guitars at roughly the same price and with similar specs and build quality, of course im gonna get the prettier one. But im not gonna spend 50% more just for the looks. Im also not gonna buy an inferior guitar just because it looks pretty. Basicly i narrow it down to a few guitars by looking at specs and budget, and.then chose the pretier one of the available bunch.