Poll: How good is your eyesight?
Poll Options
View poll results: How good is your eyesight?
20/20 bitchez
15 36%
I wear glasses
16 38%
I wear contact lenses
6 14%
I can't even read this post call 999
1 2%
I think I'm doing good but maybe should visit an optician just in case
4 10%
Voters: 42.
Page 1 of 2
How is your eyesight? Do you require eye devices to expose the details of the world? Who is UG's best eyes?

Poll incoming
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Last edited by steve_muse at Oct 28, 2015,
i wear glasses when i drive, sit in glass, or play games on a tv
otherwise i live with the blur
I have astigmatism. My eyesight is just good enough for me to not get surgery but it's bad enough that I feel more comfortable with my glasses on or contacts in.
cat
+2.75/+4.00

Proper dick move because there aren't any decent circle lenses for hyperopic people
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I'm prescribed glasses but I don't wear them and I get by.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
im like 3/3 or some shit

i havent had an eyetest in 3 or 4 years and these glasses are shit
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

My eyes are fucked up. Can't focus without glasses, can't see colours properly. Not allowed to be a pilot like that kid in little miss sunshine (meh). Worst eyes on UG.
I'm practically blind, -7.00L/-7.50R in diopters which is about 20/700 on both eyes. My glasses are thick as fuck, so I only wear them at home or if we're getting absolutely wasted at a friend's place because I cba getting my contacts out while barely being able to stand.

In all other situations I wear contacts.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Basically 0.75 / 0.5. I only wear glasses while watching TV or at the computer.

The problem is that my last exam on March was made in a day where I had a tired eyesight, so my current glasses aren't really that accurate, and sometimes wear my vision down, so I don't always wear them.
I don't know what my prescription is but I'm supposed to wear glasses all of the time. When I finally got my eyes checked (I was like 17, the optometrist said, "Oh, yeah, you definitely need corrective lenses."
Free Ali
Free Lard
Nice to know there's others here with shit eyesight I wear lenses but I'm a year in and still trying to get the right fit for my eyes lol don't think my eyes can take hard lenses so they're gonna try and get a strong prescription with soft lenses. Sight won't be as good, but better vision + comfort is better than superman vision + can only endure for like 3 hours. It's my misshapen cornea that ruins all the fun
Quote by ErikLensherr

20/15 both eyes.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I wear glasses when I read, use my laptop, and play video games, otherwise my vision isn't bad enough to need them.

I've also got floaters and stuff, so I usually have sunglasses on when outside so I don't see them as much.
Quote by steve_muse
Nice to know there's others here with shit eyesight I wear lenses but I'm a year in and still trying to get the right fit for my eyes lol don't think my eyes can take hard lenses so they're gonna try and get a strong prescription with soft lenses. Sight won't be as good, but better vision + comfort is better than superman vision + can only endure for like 3 hours. It's my misshapen cornea that ruins all the fun

Huh I've never tried different lenses, either in terms of brands or hardness. I just went to my eye doctor one day like 'whaddap i wanna wear contacts' and he was like 'k w/e' and taught me how to put them in, gave me a box for 6 months and I've never bought different ones since.

I think they're semi-hard but iunno.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Terrible vision. I should wear glasses all the time but I'm very forgetful and clumsy.

A sick irony, considering I'm a photographer. Text isn't totally sharp unless it's under a metre away from my face.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I wear glasses (except when showering and sleeping obv).
Contacts are a no because putting things in my eyes, and I actually prefer how I look with glasses to without glasses, so it's nbd.
Been wearing them since I was 8 or so anyway.
Short sighted, -1.25 in both eyes. Wear contacts (dailies) and have glasses for in the house (which I never use cause I don't really need them)
@slaps i was anticipating this from you

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Huh I've never tried different lenses, either in terms of brands or hardness. I just went to my eye doctor one day like 'whaddap i wanna wear contacts' and he was like 'k w/e' and taught me how to put them in, gave me a box for 6 months and I've never bought different ones since.

If you can bend them they are soft, if you can't they'll be hard ones. I'm just worried in case the soft ones I get are substantially weaker than the hard ones I've been trying for a while. Like it felt like I was entering a different world with hard lenses, so I hope a good amount of the irregularities are still corrected.

In your case tho, soft lenses are usually the way to go if they do the job.

My god are they fiddly as fuck tho
Quote by ErikLensherr

I was born with 20/20 and dark green eyes. Now I have bad eye sight in my right eye and completely blind in my left. My left eye is almost black, while my right is still dark green. I wear prescription glasses
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by JamSessionFreak

dailies or those gross ones you keep using for weeks?
Quote by steve_muse

If you can bend them they are soft, if you can't they'll be hard ones. I'm just worried in case the soft ones I get are substantially weaker than the hard ones I've been trying for a while. Like it felt like I was entering a different world with hard lenses, so I hope a good amount of the irregularities are still corrected.

I'm guessing it wouldn't surprise you to know I've seen MegaDave live like 7 or 8 times then?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
My eyes are crap, always wear my glasses.

Don't remember details
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by steve_muse

Oh yeah they're definitely soft then, sometimes the surface tension from the storing liquid is enough to fold them in half. It's annoying af when they do that on the tip of your index just as you're about to put one in, especially if you're in a big hurry.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Eastwinn
i wear glasses when i drive, sit in glass, or play games on a tv
otherwise i live with the blur

yeah
Quote by sam b
dailies or those gross ones you keep using for weeks?

The ones you use for a month, but have to take out during the night (obvs).

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
The ones you use for a month, but have to take out during the night (obvs).

Oh I was going to recommend a cheaaap brand of dailies (like.. €7 for a months worth) but never mind then
Better than 20/20, but you put no option for that. Had an eye test a few months ago, could read every size text available on the charts, including the three below 20/20
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
^please do not flaunt good eyesight u privileged shitlord. You are the baby Joel of eyesight
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Better than 20/20, but you put no option for that. Had an eye test a few months ago, could read every size text available on the charts, including the three below 20/20

doesn't that just mean you're farsighted?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
doesn't that just mean you're farsighted?

As far as I'm aware, that would imply I struggle with close up things? My eye sight is fine for them, too

Edit: Yeah, according to Google that would be another condition. I was told there is nothing wrong with my eyes, no short-sightedness or far-sightedness.

Quote by steve_muse
^please do not flaunt good eyesight u privileged shitlord. You are the baby Joel of eyesight

Did you see what I did there?

Sorry.
I've just googled about it, and I also had the test for short-sightedness, and was able to read the smallest text on that, so I guess my eyes are just great all round If it's any consolation, my mom didn't need glasses until she was in her 40's so maybe my lens will also harden and struggle to focus as I get older.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
As far as I'm aware, that would imply I struggle with close up things? My eye sight is fine for them, too

Edit: Yeah, according to Google that would be another condition. I was told there is nothing wrong with my eyes, no short-sightedness or far-sightedness.

Did you see what I did there?

Sorry.

Quote by ErikLensherr

last time I went opticians was at least 10 years ago, I was told glasses might be a good idea cause my left eye is kinda short sighted but it wasn't that bad and wasn't really hindering me so I passed on it cause I didn't see the point in wearing really weak glasses for a minor problem. and I've always hated having any kind of face or head accessories on at all, so I was not interested in glasses even though the "glasses are cool" thing was taking off at the time.

left eye is still a little shitty but it's only trouble if I am trying to read a sign at distance with right eye closed. main thing is that it doesn't seem to have gotten worse at all. though it might have been helped by stopping reading books right in my face (usually read them at arms length or keep book in my lap now) and I play videogames a few feet away from the tv which seems to help bit.

currently running my laptop through my 32 inch tv a few feet away (typing on wireless keyboard) and on 1080p res it's a bit of a struggle to spot various typos using only my left eye.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
i wear glasses (or contacts) all the time except for when i am reading books

-3.00 in both eyes idk what that actually means though

Page 1 of 2